DOING SW FROM HOME???

Toni love! Our bodies respond to eating heavy carb based products and fat, you won't gain weight by eating one meal. You might however have quite bad carb bloat and water retention from the salt, drink lots of fluids and try and balance by cutting carbs out of a meal today and you'll be rights remember you have to eat 3500 cals EXTRA to gain 1lb of fat, and that meal certainly wouldn't have been that. People can get very very hung up on the scales and when you're dieting you want big results, what you saw this morning prob wasn't your true weight. After 4 days off plan, it showed 13st9 for me on Monday, I know this isn't really how much I weigh and sure enough a few days later its dropped back down to where I thought. Life is about balance, and this plan isn't forever so to learn how eat 80/20 is good and if you've actually lost still that's fab :)

Take the scales with a pinch of salt after a off plan meal. Xx

Toni love! Our bodies respond to eating heavy carb based products and fat, you won't gain weight by eating one meal. You might however have quite bad carb bloat and water retention from the salt, drink lots of fluids and try and balance by cutting carbs out of a meal today and you'll be rights remember you have to eat 3500 cals EXTRA to gain 1lb of fat, and that meal certainly wouldn't have been that. People can get very very hung up on the scales and when you're dieting you want big results, what you saw this morning prob wasn't your true weight. After 4 days off plan, it showed 13st9 for me on Monday, I know this isn't really how much I weigh and sure enough a few days later its dropped back down to where I thought. Life is about balance, and this plan isn't forever so to learn how eat 80/20 is good and if you've actually lost still that's fab :)

Take the scales with a pinch of salt after a off plan meal. Xx

You're right and to be honest i know all this. My trouble is i'm my biggest critic and will find fault with everything given half a chance! Because i dont eat a lot of carbs normally (well, besides wholemeal pasta) i think you're right about carb bloat because its a bit of a shock to my body. And its not like i held back with the chips last night!
I'm focusing on the fact that i actually lost this week, like you said, and will stop being a moping minnie!

Good girl :) don't ever mope as to lose 1lb we have to eat 3500 cals less too, so that's a great achievement. I usually have my SYNS weekly rather than daily maybe that would work for you too? Some days I have 20 some days 5.

5lb loss is amazing!! Well done :) x

Well done on the losses girls! :)

I was up early and all ready to do some writing and then head to the gym but I just feel so ill! Went to the docs yesterday about my ear and he said its vertigo left over from the infection and from this cold I have. Basically its gonna take like at least two weeks (woops, put days, I wouldn't moan if it was days!) to go away! Blah :/

All ready to plan some meals for this week to make sure I stick to plan and get a good loss :) x

Last edited:
TinselAngel said:
Thanks - tbh I wad starting to think I couldn't do this any more without a class but so pleased now that I didn't give up

Another 100% on track day yesterday and just done Wii fit for 30 mins today. Really pleased to discover last night that I only had to use 5 syns on my takeaway chicken mushroom and boiled rice on green. Hexb for the chicken. I love green days. When I lost loads on sw ten years ago I did mostly green. Have a great Saturday everyone

Well done on the losses girls! :)

I was up early and all ready to do some writing and then head to the gym but I just feel so ill! Went to the docs yesterday about my ear and he said its vertigo left over from the infection and from this cold I have. Basically its gonna take like at least two days to go away! Blah :/

All ready to plan some meals for this week to make sure I stick to plan and get a good loss :) x

i thought it sounded lik vertigo, my friend gets it. Fingers crossed it goes soon x

Jenny809 said:
Hi all, Julie I have no idea!! I have a soft key with 3 lines on it at the bottom of phone, press that and hit reply and it doesn't quote. Does that make any sense?

Trying lm rosemary and red onion sausages, kids weren't impressed but I like them! All this talk of curry is making me want one!!

Bonfire night tomorrow, woohoo, love fireworks and am out for a few drinks sat night. I have a random question! I'm really in between sizes for jeans. My size 14s are now a bit baggy, esp round the bum, keep having to pull them up so they don't look smart on a night out. I have a size 12 skinny pair which fit perfectly but are obv quite a tight fit so have a bit more squidge visible around the middle! So, do I wear baggy bum jeans and a tight ish top to make my waist look small. Or, tight jeans which make my bum look good but belly is a bit squishy so wear a looser top??! The dilemma's! lol :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Ok thanks anyway I don't have that softkey . I think tight jeans too - have a great time

:D thanks, If I didn't I would be on them everyday three or four times in the day!!

Oops thats me I do that, actuyally I'm not so bad now and I have been known to go a whole day without weighing myself since I joined here:eek::D

You're not the only one :( hang in there, keep applying, something *will* come up soon, I'm sure. Fingers crossed for you xxx

Aww honey Hugs

Something will come up for everyone... well after forever really waiting for something to come up that would fit in with everything here and paying almost enough for the childcare etc, a possibilty has come up well other than the fact I don't have any level 3 qualifications which is the first requirement on the list :rolleyes:, trouble is I'm having surgery in a couple of weeks with a 12 week recovery period which I doubt would even get me considered for an interview at the moment...

I'll see about giving it a go though, my daughters friends Mom works there and they criteria they've been told they want candidates to have is comletely different to the application paperwork anyway.... It's a job I've considered before just not in the setting that this one is in.. so we'll see..

Good luck on your placement Laura what are you going to be doing?

Oh @ Jen I don't go out on the town that much either but I usually wear black skinny jeans, heels and a nice top to conceal the bad bits;) Enjoy your night out.

Another 100% on track day yesterday and just done Wii fit for 30 mins today. Really pleased to discover last night that I only had to use 5 syns on my takeaway chicken mushroom and boiled rice on green. Hexb for the chicken. I love green days. When I lost loads on sw ten years ago I did mostly green. Have a great Saturday everyone

Do you know I never would have thought of having a takeaway and switching to a green day, hmm thats definately a thought, I tend to either not have a takeaway or feel guilty about having one

ultrabluedress said:
Do you know I never would have thought of having a takeaway and switching to a green day, hmm thats definately a thought, I tend to either not have a takeaway or feel guilty about having one

Glad to have helped. Green days really suit me because I am not a big meat eater so hexb portions are usually plenty. Luckily I hadn't used many syns yesterday so was well inside my allowance. I tend to save a hexb for dinner each day on green as it makes family meals easier.

Glad to have helped. Green days really suit me because I am not a big meat eater so hexb portions are usually plenty. Luckily I hadn't used many syns yesterday so was well inside my allowance. I tend to save a hexb for dinner each day on green as it makes family meals easier.

I had tried a couple of green days but I just felt bloated so didn't look too far into them as I'm better on limited carbs both weight loss and bodywise..

Well crappy two days again foodwise, lost the two pound I put on last week which I know think was due to my period coming so back to where I started two weeks ago:rolleyes:

Off plan today as it's my Birthday;) so the plan is lunch I think well thats what the kids I think are plotting, then nibbles tonight with a dvd and hopefully some wine and the champagne I hinted about having..

Todays mission to not stress about the plan and not to drink too much :p

Back on plan tomorrow, with an added incentive, I've found out my best friend has started slimming world and there is no way I'm going to let him loose more weight than me on the plan that is not going to happen:tongue: so I want to get back to my goal weight by Christmas now;)

Thanks Tonianne :)

Happy birthday, again, Li :p Hope you have a good day, but get back to us tomorrow! You have good motivation now, get ahead of the game before your friend catches up :) I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing at my work experience placement, but I basically think I'll be shadowing one of the people who gives out benefits etc :) I will let you know after my first day on monday what I am really doing! :) x

Eeee happy birthday pet. Hope you have a lovely day of being treated :) xx

ultrabluedress said:
I had tried a couple of green days but I just felt bloated so didn't look too far into them as I'm better on limited carbs both weight loss and bodywise..

Well crappy two days again foodwise, lost the two pound I put on last week which I know think was due to my period coming so back to where I started two weeks ago:rolleyes:

Off plan today as it's my Birthday;) so the plan is lunch I think well thats what the kids I think are plotting, then nibbles tonight with a dvd and hopefully some wine and the champagne I hinted about having..

Todays mission to not stress about the plan and not to drink too much :p

Back on plan tomorrow, with an added incentive, I've found out my best friend has started slimming world and there is no way I'm going to let him loose more weight than me on the plan that is not going to happen:tongue: so I want to get back to my goal weight by Christmas now;)

Happy birthday and good luck losing more than your friend

Not a good day to been out all day now going out for dinner so dont want to even guess the syms! But got loads of veggies for tomoz dinner and a sw magazine to try and giv me sum motivation for next week! X

Not a good day to been out all day now going out for dinner so dont want to even guess the syms! But got loads of veggies for tomoz dinner and a sw magazine to try and giv me sum motivation for next week! X

At least you have already planned getting back on it tomorrow :) Enjoy your dinner out :)

Guys, just thought I'd pop in and say that the Sainsbury's Orchard Fruit muesili that was shown in the new mag (35g HexB) is deeeelish! You only get a small amount, but that with a banana would be a very filling breakfast I think :) x

Back