DOING SW FROM HOME???

Kids r the worst! This is a good place to rant! I no how comments like that dont always help with me the hav the opposite effect but try not to let it bother u. In a few short months u wont be able to hav any of them comments!!

Hav been feeling fed up with the lack of loses i must be going wrong somewhere as thought i dun well! Today having a go at my first red day breakfast was one slice of wholemeal bread with a little chese ham and tomatoe, luch was apple and banana and dinner will be chinese flavour chicken and veg. Feeling hungry so need sum better food plans! Xx

Hi I'm new to this site on EXtra easy & still getting used to it. Still not sure what syns I should be counting like cereal bars. x

Aww helatrix hugs for you hon,, some kids are just horrible, they get a lot of it from their parents attitudes, be positive about what you have achieved so far...

Tilly great deal on the gym

Charl glad Jacks feeling a little better today, is Adam missing not having him at school ?

Jen it's always the same for me decide to buy something new and can't find anything suitable...

Hi Wilksy welcome aboard.... don;t worry you'll get the hang of it.... If you use the search function on the top of the page you'll find a lot of the syns listed, also some bars like alpen light can be used as part of your daily hex, anything you're not sure on just ask there is always someone around to help...

Someone hide my bloody scales will you I weighed myself today and found another bloody pound on even though I've been good this week, got weighed at the hospital today too, pre op assesment appointment, so I'm going to convert that weigh into stones etc and allow for my clothes and see what that came out as...

EE for me today, got a stew on the hob.. 4 syns for microscopic dumplings though...eek...

Oh hun :( so sorry to hear you're upset. I also work with children so i know how hurtful these comments can be (albeit the oldest child i work with is 5, but sometimes even the younger children know how to say mean things!).
Like you said yourself, you've been bigger, and you've already done so well losing over 3 stone. Don't let this child get you down, try to turn it around and use it to spur yourself on. You're halfway to your target now and just think about how you'll be feeling when you reach that. No one will be able to say anything about your size after that, well apart from how amazing you'll be looking! Its a horrible feeling and i know its hard to shake it off. Why cant you discipline the children? Or at least explain to the child how saying things like that to people is hurtful and makes people sad. If it happens again take it to the teacher, if the teacher wont deal with it then take it higher. You shouldnt have to put up with it, not when it makes you feel so low.
Sending you lots of hugs xxx

I'm not allowed to, as I'm a language assistant. And the teacher I'm with....can't even go into that on a public forum but...urgh. Basically there's no discipline in the class. I'm thinking about it over the weekend, thinking of telling the head cos she will definitely deal with it, just feel quite humiliated and that it might make it worse...:(

This is true re goals motivation etc, need to keep thinking about my goals. Finally ate so I'm gonna work out in about 20mins or so to get all that anger out!!! Feeling better than when I wrote this but the comments still haven't left my head :S main thing is to keep going, I guess.

Thanks zoe, it normally sends me in the other direction, it's the first time I've just cried my eyes out over it, despite the fact I've been big for most of my life! I think it's cos I didn't feel like I had control over it. Keep calm etc etc....

Thanks ultrablue, feeling better now. Just...urgh. Just, shitting hell, did not expect it to be such a comedown!! :(Gonna challenge the energy into a workout now

Thanks guys :)

Oh hellatrix children can be awful at times and they can say some really hurtful things. I think your right to take it higher, they can't get away with talking to you like that!

It's horrible when you feel like that, and hard to stay professional I guess, children can often get away with saying things that grown ups wouldn't without repercussions, but don't let one childish negative get you down as I'm sure you've already had some really positive comments about your losses already so focus on them and not that 1 negative. :)

Good day went a bit bad with too much wine, and the bruschetta I made for starter was def way too many SYNS. Oh well! 4 course meal for 6 done tho, and I'm kinda tired now.

Li, Adam has seemed a bit sad this week I think he is sad he's not with us at home. Jacks been insane tonight think all the ibrufen and Calpol has done something to his brain, total nutbag! They have said they want to stay at home this weekend rather than go to their dads so I guess I'll ring them and see if they mind the boys staying home.

Ohhhh! My Spanish chicken, chickpea and chorizo stew was amazing! Pretty SW friendly and super filling, I'll post the recipe if anyone wants. Xx

I would love that receipt it sounds lovely.

I'll work our the SYNS properly and post tomorrow x

Yay, just did my WI and after a few weeks of STS I have a 1lb loss :D. I know its not a big loss but at least its going down and not up. I definately think posting my food diary on the forum and getting tips and ideas from you guys has helped enormously.

:grouphugg:

Wow! Well done Bagnut :)

Just WI and I gained a pound... Bit disappointed in myself, but it's my own fault so nothing to moan about really! Don't think I'm going to reach target by christmas anymore haha! x

Weigh in tomorrow. Am thinking it'll be my first STS week, not sure why since i've exercised and eaten well :( No point moping though, especially since i dont know for sure until tomorrow.
Well done Bagnut, bet it felt good to see a loss :)
Hellatrix - i'd definitely go to the Head about it, the child shouldnt be able to get away with it especially not when its made you feel so low.

4lbs on for me!! I know some will just be carbs as I've been off plan all week, so from Sunday I'm meal planning every day and getting back into it. Hopefully it'll drop back down by weds. Grr! Xx

You can still do it - it's only 8lb !

I agree if its 8lb you need to lose then you've got 6 weeks left...or 7 if you make your target new year! :)
My target of losing 28lbs by 31st Dec isnt looking too promising....7 weeks left and 14lbs to lose means i have to lose 2lbs a week. Thinking i might have to start doing the red day/green day things since i've only done extra easy and everyone seems to think thats a slower process. Can anyone tell me the 'rules' for red days and green days, or send me a link to a page that tells me? I dont have the sw book but i can photocopy it from my friend next week, i've only photocopied the extra easy bits and the syn pages so far.
x

I am still gonna keep trying, but thanks guys :)

Red days are different in that you don't eat potatoes, rice, pasta etc apart from in a HexB. You replace them with other vegetables like butternut squash etc. You can have limited amounts of potatoes etc as a HexB but I don't know the amounts - you'll find this in your friend's book. I'm not an expert on red days as I've never done them, but I know Jen does so maybe she can pass on some words of wisdom and anything I've missed :)

Green days you don't eat meat, simple as that :) You can have as much quorn as you want, but most of what you eat will just be vegetarian foods. You can have limited amounts of meat and fish as a HexB, and I have the list of all the HexAs and Bs if you message me your email address I can email it to you :)

I did red days for about 3 months and really enjoyed them. Basic rule, no carbs at all, 2 hexb's, meat, meat, meat! And obv lots of veg/salad etc :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

I can give you a list of meal ideas, at work at the mo so will pop them down later :)

I did red days for about 3 months and really enjoyed them. Basic rule, no carbs at all, 2 hexb's, meat, meat, meat! And obv lots of veg/salad etc :)

I could quite happily give up carbs! To be honest this week i've not had carbs a lunch and when i've had them on my plate at dinner i've either not finished them or really not fancied them at all.
If you wouldnt mind jotting down some ideas i'd be really grateful. I'll message you my email address :) thanks for your help.

I tend to cook pretty much the same kinds of things on red days, but replace carbs with celeriac or butternut squash. You can have hexB 100g cooked wholewheat pasta, so if I make a spag bol I usually have the 100g pasta with loads of pasta sauce and a big salad. Or sunday dinners with lots of mashed swede and veg instead of the carbs, and celeriac is really good ontop of cottage pies or as mash with stews and things. I do lots of tray bakes kinda thing with loads of roast veg too. I miss red days when I write that down! Gonna do some next week too :) xx

I've looked up 4 green day recipes that i want to try out over the next couple of weeks, will look for red ones now too :)
If anyone can give me a list of the HexA & B's on Red days i'd really appreciate it too x

Back