DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi everyone!!! Newbi here!!!

I was really just after some advice (and too meet some new friends!!)

My fella and i have been living together for 18 months now and we have done the usual got too comfy and piled on the pounds!

He is now wanting to lose weight and i know a few of my friends have done the EE and look fab now (they did to start with in my opinion)

I am fully supporting him but here is the problem...

Yes he could do with losing a stone or too but i am extreamly lucky in the fact that i dont need to lose any weight (im sure this will catch up with me in a few years tho!) As i dont want to mess about cooking 2 different meals i was wondering if there is a way of doing EE as more of a lifestyle change for me and a weight loss plan for him?

Would i be able to follow the plan without the weight loss side of things? I love the sound of the EE plan as you can still eat normally i just need to kick the fast food and chocolate habit!

Hope you guys can help me!!! xxx

Hello all. I'm back and on a mission!!! The last month has been a complete disaster with one thing and another but I am now determined to stick to SW and shift some weight. We have just had a new puppy so the exercise should help me :) My other half works on different weight loss ideas than me, he just eats cereals to lose weight, so I am only cooking for one and this is where my downfall is. Does anyone have any ideas for cooking for one? xx

Ideas on cooking for one: I would find recipes that say they serve for four, most of them do, and then halve it, cook for two and freeze/fridge the leftovers to have for lunch or dinner the next day :) Basically just halve most recipes and you'll easily have enough for one meal and some leftovers :)

I always make up the recipe for 4 people and then save the leftovers for a lunch or another dinner. My OH eats like a horse so usually a 4 person dinner leaves me with one portion left. The thing i like about SW is that you can have exactly the same things for lunch and for dinner, as long as you dont go over on the hex a&b's or you syn them.

I made a lush pasta bake style dinner last night, it was roasted veg in chopped tomatoes and garlic (reminded me a bit of ratatouille) as a base then wholewheat pasta mixed with fat free fromage frais, black pepper and more garlic. I topped it with cheese from my hexA and it was gorgeous! Had some leftovers for lunch and have a little more which i'll have another day. Yum Yum!

Just going to have a jacket potato with beans, cheeese and salad tonight - another green day. Might have a red day tomorrow to mix things up a bit.

Ee is easy, as u can just do jacket potatoes, batch cook soups, buy a pack of chicken/pork/salmon/steaks and put some in the freezer, a nest of noodles or a little pasta and veg, salads. Cooking for one Would be so much simpler than a hungry family of 4: cooking SW meals for us all so I'm not cooking meals for us all separately costs loads xx

I just tend to cook 2 different meals, even when i don't finish work until 7pm. I get in, make 2 dinners, wash up, make 2 lunches, wash up, sit down for 5 mins and then fall asleep because i'm so tired! I'd rather do that than have my OH whinging at me. He's very much a meat, veg, potatoes kind of person. I can usually tweak what i'm having so its similiar to what he is having, like if he's having sausage, mash and veg i'll have something i can cook in the oven like a chicken breast and then just have the veg with it.
He tends to have a take away on a friday which i obviously don't do anymore since its the night before WI but at least it gives me more time to myself by just cooking for one.

Hi ladies im doing sw at home, cant be bummed going to a group. Plus paying a 5er each time as well, with it being winter I like being indoors with the kids and hubby. Plus im not massively tempted by crap at the moment because Im making lovely stews, soups - and tonight a big chicken roast.

I'm probably quite lucky that bf happily eats SW foods too, he has extra stuff but when he makes meals he'll get stuff out SW mags or cookbooks. It he'll ask me what to leave out or adjust to make it SW friendly. Def helps. Xx

I have so much respect for anyone cooking separate meals! If hubby doesn't want my meals, he does it himself! I always do us the same but tweak mine. He then has puddings which I don't!

To the person who asked about ee for her partner, it can easily be done for both of you. Use frylight and not oil in all cooking, use lean meats, remove skin for him. But mainly, make sure he has 1/3 of the plate as superfree foods (veg/salad) and watch the portions. You can have what you like, maybe add extra cheese/bread etc and have puddings! That's what I do for hubby so I still loose weight but he doesn't!

Just had a lovely roast chicken, no potatoes. Nice and full but not stuffed, I like red days for that. Going running later so need to eat early :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Charl, you and bf ok? He may not help all the time but he cooks considerately which is lush of him! :)

My bf's idea of cooking for himself, if i'm out for example, is chicken shop or beans on toast! He can cook, he's 38 and we've only lived together 2 years so for the rest of his adult life he had to make himself food (although his mother made him a lot of dinners, lunches etc and did his washing...the reason why he is the way he is!) but i think because i enjoy cooking he's just got complacent and leaves me to it. Majority of the time i prefer it that way but it'd be nice to have the offer of being cooked for! You're lucky your bf cooks Charl, definitely.
He ate my SW meal last night and didnt moan, infact said he liked it, but he's very much a pie/mash/veg kind of man. To be truthful though he's a bit overweight himself but he wont listen. Don't get me wrong he's not morbidly obese, probably just 2 stone over what he should be, but i feel like he could take a leaf out of my book sometimes (telling him that wouldnt go down well though, haha).
I'm moaning about him like he really annoys me but in actual fact we have a pretty good relationship! He's just a typical, lazy man :D

Evening ladies

Absolutely starvin dinner can't cook quick enough.... I'm going to have chicken breast, potatoes (hexb 1/2) can't eat the whole amount , Roasted butternut squash mash sprouts and oxo reduced down to make a gravy ....

Then I think I'll have a bowl of porridge with banana and blueberries (I found them reduced down in sainsbury yay)for desert with a little added milk to make it creamy....

Lunch was intersting, still trying to use up the blummin quorn sausages I bought by mistake weeks ago... chopped them up and added them to peas mushrooms onions and omlette mix and topped some salad leaves with it once cooked, it tasted lovely apart from the sausages...lol deffo do that again without the sausages though....

Yeah dan likes cooking, he's pretty good too considering he couldn't cook at all before he moved in with us, he really likes trying new stuff and likes eating healthily too so it's pretty good that way, he tends to binge on bread and cereal when he gets home from work but other than that we eat the same.

We're good now thanks Jen, I think I got him to understand how stressful I find it when the boys are playing up, and that him adding to it makes it almost unbearable, he has been nice since then, he's made breakfast the last 3 days and dinner tonight so that's nice. He's been taking the dog to school with him in the mornings too so she's better for me in the avo which also helps loads as that's something else I don't have to do. So he's definitely trying, and that's all you can ask of someone isn't it xxx

Awww I'm glad things are better between you two now, it's great that he cooks too... my hubs idea of cooking is moaning he doesn't want this that or the other then opening a pack of hotdog sausages, heaven help the kids over next weekend whilst I'm in hospital, they're already saying I bet Dad takes us to McDonalds for breakfast and dinner... thing is he can cook if he puts his mind to it

Time for a cup of tea I think 4th day without any wine... hubs wanted me to buy some, apart from the fact we're broke, I didn't buy any so if he really wants some he can go and buy himself a small bottle from lidl

Nice quiet house tonight ells is on a sleepover at her friends so a child free bed all night bliss....

Sounds like he's def trying Charl, that's fab! It's a shame we have to literally point things out sometimes, but they need it lol!!

Had a run tonight, only a small 2.5-3miles or so but better than none. Really blimin cold out!!

what are you going to hospital for love? I hope nothing serious? I am literally itching for friday, its the boys dads weekend with them and I've had them for nearly 3 weeks solid, and with hosp/drama/general nightmarechild type scenarios with them I really do need a weekend off, I am going to have to study loads, but at least I can just be calm and please myself for the weekend too.

Jen! Go you love, 2.5-3 miles is a hell of a lot further than I could go, i'd always convert to km so it sounds more.. hehe!

I just ate some prawn crackers, those sharwoods ones are like crack honestly! If I know they're there they drive me nuts, so my good day hasn't been so great, but still all meals have been SW, just had a cadbury thingy and some prawn crackers. half the bag is like 8 syns and I've had about 1/3, so not tooooooo bad.. (i'm telling myself!)

What did you's all have for tea? The SW sweet and sour meatballs were lush, def recommend them. Recipe from slimming eats site. xx

Jen, like Charl says 2.5/3 miles is loads :) It's good that you're getting back out there, I know you said you've been struggling with exercise motivation lately. I need to get back to the gym, but I just can't shove this vertigo!

Nothing SW interesting for dinner for me, but I did spend a few hours making lemon tart earlier (again, not SW) which were lovely :) Hurting my throat so much though, pretty sure I've got a stress induced throat infection on top of everything else haha. It really is beginning to get to that point of I have to laugh at it all or I'd just cry! Well, cry more than I already am at the moment anyway.

Reading through my Slow Cooker recipe book and getting excited to get back on plan when I do, or even just to eat more healthy meals than I am at the moment! :) x

Am sat here wanting sugar but so far resisting! My stupid period has been here for 3 weeks now, am sure that's why I'm suddenly craving bad things all the blimin time, really sucks.

Watching diy sos, I always get emotional lol

Arrr Laura hun, how you doing? Crying is good and laughing is perfectly fine too! Are you still on placement? Big hugs and don't worry about sw! When's the funeral? x x

Back