DOING SW FROM HOME???

Aww Laura, I was just wondering how you were. Lots a good vibes to you love xxx

I'm alright, I think. Worst thing is seeing other people get upset - it's so horrible to see my Nannie cry. Before grandad got ill I never saw her cry and now she can't stop. He was her life and I can't even begin to imagine how heartbroken she is, just the thought of it sets me off. It's weird little things that set us all off like seeing his empty bed or wheelchair, or saying we're just going to Nannie and grandads then realising its just Nannie now.

Bosses were really nice at my placement. They told me to take the week off, but I tried to get up and go in but I've got a horrible migraine from everything so rang up and they said its fine and they're all thinking of me and stuff which was nice :) no idea when the funeral is yet, I've only ever been to one before and I know that its literally going to be the most painful thing ever - I'm quite scared xx

Yup, I get that too. You tend to retain more water etc. on your period so your weight should settle afterwards. I've been dealing with terrible sugar cravings the last few periods and I have found a great way to satisfy them without ruining my efforts. Home Bargains do mini meringue shells in a tub, about 79p, you can eat 10 for 1 syn but I find that 5 does me...slap some syn free yogurt with it and you're laughing! Seriously though, don't weigh yourself daily. It can vary by about 3 pounds depending on factors(what you've eaten /drank the previous/whether your bowels have evacuated properly and so on)slimmers weigh themselves once a week usually and that is enough. My advice given a few posts ago, I follow truly when on my period,otherwise I would put Cadbury's out of business:eek:

Yup, I get that too. You tend to retain more water etc. on your period so your weight should settle afterwards. I've been dealing with terrible sugar cravings the last few periods and I have found a great way to satisfy them without ruining my efforts. Home Bargains do mini meringue shells in a tub, about 79p, you can eat 10 for 1 syn but I find that 5 does me...slap some syn free yogurt with it and you're laughing! Seriously though, don't weigh yourself daily. It can vary by about 3 pounds depending on factors(what you've eaten /drank the previous/whether your bowels have evacuated properly and so on)slimmers weigh themselves once a week usually and that is enough. My advice given a few posts ago, I follow truly when on my period,otherwise I would put Cadbury's out of business:eek:

oops...forget to quote member's post..in response to Jenny 809 and another member querying weight gain during period.

Blimey, it's so slow these days, 1/2lb again! Exactly 3.5stone is nice tho. Am extending target of christmas to easter!! :p

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Its still a loss and you've done brilliant Jen that's an awful lit to lose on your own! Hubby must think he's got a new wifey haha!

Bit sad today as it's my Nans Birthday :-( Gunna go and put flowers on her grave today then have a family meal tomorro xx

I'm alright, I think. Worst thing is seeing other people get upset - it's so horrible to see my Nannie cry. Before grandad got ill I never saw her cry and now she can't stop. He was her life and I can't even begin to imagine how heartbroken she is, just the thought of it sets me off. It's weird little things that set us all off like seeing his empty bed or wheelchair, or saying we're just going to Nannie and grandads then realising its just Nannie now.

Bosses were really nice at my placement. They told me to take the week off, but I tried to get up and go in but I've got a horrible migraine from everything so rang up and they said its fine and they're all thinking of me and stuff which was nice :) no idea when the funeral is yet, I've only ever been to one before and I know that its literally going to be the most painful thing ever - I'm quite scared xx

From experience the funeral is probably one of the hardest parts because its so final - however once you've got through it you can start to heal. Its hard but over time you learn to deal with your feelings - i don't think you ever get over losing someone close but time makes it easier for us to deal with things. Its been 5 months since i lost my Mum and i can tell you honestly that i thought my world had ended at the time, i never thought i'd be happy again, but i'm slowly coming to terms with being able to laugh again and be happy without feeling guilty. I miss her every single day, but its my memories of her that keep me going. She wouldnt have wanted me crying and being sad, she'd want me living my life and making her proud. This is the same with your Grandad. Take one day at a time and i promise you things will get better xxx

Blimey, it's so slow these days, 1/2lb again! Exactly 3.5stone is nice tho. Am extending target of christmas to easter!! :p

Well done on the loss, you've already done so well! Not far off target now, you'll definitely get that by Easter :)

Red day today! Having ham roll ups, salad and 'quiche' for lunch (just 2 eggs and ff onion and chive cottage cheese cooked in oven) - am loving the ham rolls ups with extra light laughing cow, two of my favourite things! Dinner is mushroom stirfry with chicken, yum yum. BF is having pie, lol.

Really, really wanting a 2lb loss saturday, especially since i'm out saturday night. Am nearly 2 stone lighter than i was in March, it seems mad that i ever got so heavy. Never again! Can i just say thanks to all you lovely ladies for the support you've given me in the last 7 weeks, i'm sure its you lot that keep me on track! :)

Woo hoo, finally after a few STS's I have another loss this week, 2 1/2lbs. That means I get my first 1/2 stone award :party0011:

Well done Lizzie, fab loss :)

I couldn't have lost 3.5stone without this thread, it's fantastic!!

Just had scrambled egg and cherry tom's on toast. 4 syns so far today so just working out what I can munch on this afternoon! Anyone know if shreddies are a hexb? I really hope so, I'm counting them as one lol x

Well done Lizzie, fab loss :)

I couldn't have lost 3.5stone without this thread, it's fantastic!!

Just had scrambled egg and cherry tom's on toast. 4 syns so far today so just working out what I can munch on this afternoon! Anyone know if shreddies are a hexb? I really hope so, I'm counting them as one lol x

Thanks Jen.

Yep, 30g Nestle Shreddies is on the list of HexB's :)

Heya ladies, well done on the losses, I'm famished and no time to eat, just been at the most intense 5 hour of Uni, 3 pretty brain challenging seminars, and a plan for a presentation I have to do on tues (eek I hate that!!) had a bacon sandwich at like 7:45 and a banana at 12 and that's it, I can feel a migraine starting already, and was up 3 times in the night with dog/kid. My brain and body are pooped and I have to write an essay plan for tomorrow. Just put a beef bourginion on the slow cooker so hopefully it'll be done by 7, it's on high so should be ok?? Rushed in from Uni to get it on as was too tired this morn and now rushing to the school run. It's gonna be a long avo!

Red day for me but literally no food in, so I dunno what to have? Was going to use hexB on new potatoes with the beef but might just make poached eggs on toast to keep me going.

I love this thread, it totes keeps me going :) xxx

What a busy day! Surprised you've had time to think! I think you should eat something to tide you over to dinner, 7pm is a long way off yet. I'm hungry today, think i've not drank enough actually so am about to guzzle a pint of water and see if that solves it.

I did beef bourguignon last week, went in oven on 140 for 5 hours and was perfect so am sure high in slow cooker will be fine. Got any root veg for a mash? I had mash then a pile of veg following day, lovely with both. Hubby just text, he's going to Valerie patisserie on the way home, uh oh!!! :eek:

I put loads of veg in it to bulk it up as I didn't realise the pack of meat I had was a bit small, put in carrot, leek, celery, button mushroom, shallots, swede and celeriac. With beef stock, and about 150ml red wine, so it's like stew/bourginion really! You can tell I'm tired just got back from the shops and forgot what I went for, back I go :( xx

Well dun every1 who has lost! Every1 seems to b doing well this week! After a few badish days bk to it egg on toast forbrekkie 1 syn butter, using up the leftovers i had spagettie withi chicken and egg noodles and tea will be spag bol 5 syns for sauce! Red day tomoz with chicken and veg b4 wi on sat :s

I ate, I'm so tired tho I want to curl up with crap girl tv and hot choc, also managed to stick to no SYNS so I should be ok for weekly amount. I think I'm gonna go back counting weekly rather than daily, it suits me better. Bf has agreed to make me a Vietnamese feast this weekend as I'm going to be studying loads so i can't wait for that :) it's really SW friendly too so gonna be super yum.

What are you lovely bunch up to this weekend? Can you all go have lots of fun for me please as I'll be cooped Uni being a geek :) it's my first proper day at placement tomorrow, I've been twice but not with the kids yet, bit nervous! Xx

Back