DOING SW FROM HOME???

Are you eating the same kinda foods? I know whenever I get in a menu rut I don't lose, always changing keeps your body on its toes more :) I'm terrible for having the same breakfasts and lunches all the time, have different stuff for dinner a lot tho. Xx

Charl, I have been eating different varieties of food and a lot of salads. I used to eat a lot more when I was home. This week, I started taking melon and pineapple to munch on. Also cut down on syns. Going to stick to the plan and see what happens. Going to start exercise again too. Starting with walking to town on saturday (45 minute walk).

I was wondering what people filled their third of the plate with when they have extra easy days? I find I really don't do this unless it's something like pasta sauce.

Hmm that was really the only thing I could think of, if you've reduced your SYNS put them back up and see what happens? X

I was wondering what people filled their third of the plate with when they have extra easy days? I find I really don't do this unless it's something like pasta sauce.
I use a lot of salad or cooked veg such as broccoli, onion, carrot, BNS, asparagus, cabbage, stirfry (carrot, ginger, garlic, courgette, onion, broccoli, cauliflower). Hope this heps.

Usually my meals are things like pasta or rice dishes - most things I grate carrot and courgette into... This boosts up the superfree in the actual meal, so you don't really need to add anything to your plate to get the third superfree :) So basically, cube or grate loads of veg and just add them to all sauces/dishes you make - works well for shepherd's pie, jambalaya, pasta sauces etc :) Other than that, just get some frozen veg e.g. broccoli, green beans etc, which are cheap, cheerful and cook in minutes and just have some of those on the sides of your meals :) Or salad, if you're a salad person (I'm really not - hence boosting sauces etc). You could also have fruit *before* your meal if you don't want any superfree veg... Make sure you have it before, not after, as a point of superfree on EE is to fill you up so you eat less of other things :)

I make salads loads, mix it up tho with different ones, Greek salads are nice from the usual, if I make spag Bol I bulk out the sauce with loads of veg but also have salad on the side which I put ok first so I dish out a smaller portion of carbs and protein. If we're having a roast I usually put the Superfree veg on my plate first, stir frys are great for diets as you can add loads, sugar snap peas, babycorn, carrots, tenderstem broccoli.

I mainly do red days now so even more veg for me, usually roast butternut squash instead of potato and swede or celeriac mash. We have fine beans loads, and currys are fab for EE I always put butternut squash and spinach in mine and make an Indian salad which is yum :) x

Guys I am having real problem losing and can't workout the reason. I have been really good, on plan and reduced portion sizes but have lost 1 lb in 3 weeks (STS, 1/2 & 1/2). My clothes are much looser but no weight is coming off. I have incraesed water intake. The only thing is since starting my new job, I am not walking very much or doing my exercise bike (6 miles a day). Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Hi, I had a couple of weeks of STS and like you couldn't understand why, as I was following the plan, drinking water and exercising. I decided to start writing a food diary and posted it to the forum, and I got some great advice from others which has helped me start losing again. One suggestion was to increase my daily syns, which I was keeping to approx 5 a day, I now have between 10 and 15 syns a day. It may be that you are not eating enough. Are you sticking to one plan or mixing them up a bit? It might be an idea if you start a food diary, that way we can see what you are eating and see if there is anything you could change.

Hi, I had a couple of weeks of STS and like you couldn't understand why, as I was following the plan, drinking water and exercising. I decided to start writing a food diary and posted it to the forum, and I got some great advice from others which has helped me start losing again. One suggestion was to increase my daily syns, which I was keeping to approx 5 a day, I now have between 10 and 15 syns a day. It may be that you are not eating enough. Are you sticking to one plan or mixing them up a bit? It might be an idea if you start a food diary, that way we can see what you are eating and see if there is anything you could change.

Thank you. I have a food diary on the forum and write down everything I eat with pictures (link in my signature area). I normally have 15 syns unless I do not fancy having them. I must say that since start working a couple of weeks ago, I am not eating as much as before.

I would appreciate it if you could look through my diary and see where you think I am going wrong.Thanks in advance.

Hey love, just had a little look through, cut down your bananas, and fruit in general, try snacking on chopped up veg instead of fruit for a bit. Most of your daily fruit and veg needs to come from veg with 1 or 2 bits of fruit, natural sugars make it most fruit pretty high in cals, ESP bananas :) xx

Ps.. Just looked at a few of the photos and do you measure rice portions? I think packet instructions are 60g per person, so of u don't maybe try sticking to that? And switch to brown rice if you like it, as it'll digest better :)

Hope this helps x

Evening all,
Bad day on plan today. Went out for a lovely lunch but didn't order healthy options. Will try harder tomorrow as it is nearly weigh day. Charl, I am going to try your hash browns at the weekend. Will let you know how they go. Hope you have all had good days. Turning in shortly so will catch up with you lovely people tomorrow. Sleep well all x

Wahoo 13st2! YAYYYY! Finally got passed my nemesis! :)

Weighed a day early this week because I'm going to see Keane at the O2 today so we'll be eating off plan.....have lost 2lbs :) very pleased as I'm now 12st 7.5lbs! This is now the lightest I've been since I lost weight at uni in early 2006. Anything under this is the lightest I've been since I was 18!!!

That's fantastic Charl, well done!! You'll be in the 12stones for christmas!

Feeling slightly rough today, saw Europe the 80s rock band last night, was fab! Had a lovely bratwurst sausage and mulled wine in the christmas market before, was really yummy! Bad head today so had to eat toast for brekkie. Last day at work, hope they don't chuck me in the bath! Am sure there will be cake tho, oh dear!

Happy Friday all :)

Weighed a day early this week because I'm going to see Keane at the O2 today so we'll be eating off plan.....have lost 2lbs :) very pleased as I'm now 12st 7.5lbs! This is now the lightest I've been since I lost weight at uni in early 2006. Anything under this is the lightest I've been since I was 18!!!

Have fun hun!! 2lbs is fab, well done :) it's weird getting to your lightest weight isn't it, but reeeeaaallllyyyy good!! x x

Ohhh i've just checked the stats and i've now got my 10% loss too!! :D Just need to get that pesky 0.1 off my BMI to make me just overweight not obese, haha.

Well done to all who have weighed in thus morning. It is always encouraging to hear other people are doing so well. Hope you all have good days x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Thanks Jen :) it is weird and I now wish I'd kept my clothes from back then instead of throwing them out! Oh well just an excuse to shop ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back