DOING SW FROM HOME???

Well done Jen! Not long to go to target now :)

Just had the worst morning ever, worse than yesterday's standing in the snow for an hour and a bit for a bus that never came! I got on a bus this morning, it got nearly to where I needed to be (at this big company where all of the passengers except me got off) and then the driver forgot I was on the bus, decided not to go to the bus station but started going down this country road where he stopped at a petrol station and finally realised I was there! He then had the cheek to tell me my ticket wasn't valid for that bus (why did you say it was and then let me on the bus then?!) but that he'd drop me down the road where he suggested I pay £20 for another ticket and get the bus from there... Of course I wasn't going to do that, so I started to head home which took two buses, at which point I just gave up... That took me 3 hours as it was, and it would take another hour and a half to get into work! I would have been there for less time than my journeys took... Phoned up to tell them that and that I was walking home, and they seemed really shirty about it, which is kind of fair enough, but I'm not getting paid so I couldn't give a f**k!

Eugh, sorry for the rant I'm just so annoyed at yet another wasted day! x

Thats awful Laura - write to the company and tell them what time the bus was and they'll be able to reprimand the driver. Its not fair that you were expected to make your own way home when it was the drivers mistake.
Jen - WELL DONE!!! :D Thats amazing.
Charl that chicken curry recipe for the slow cooker sounds lovely, might try that next week!

I've not had the greatest of weeks, i havent been off plan as such but i've had EE days and i think i've just made bad choices. I stopped logging what i was eating a couple of weeks ago and i think i need to go back to doing it. Only 3.5 weeks left until new year and 7.5lbs to lose. Cant do it :(

Tonianne, definitely go back to writing down what you eat - I know that for me it ensures that I'm eating better (especially as I'm now posting my diary publicly on here) because I HAVE TO admit what I've eaten, and I don't want to look like a pig with 30 syns every day haha!

If you know you won't reach your target by then, stretch it out a bit -that's what I've done! I'd rather lose the weight slowly and push the date back than make myself ill from trying to lose more in a certain time frame :)

I'm having serious bread addiction today!! I'm so so hungry! My boy was sick at school so had to go get him too, poor lad :( which also doesn't help as today was supposed to be a writing day for me to get my essay done argh!

Having a none SW day as its all got jumbled and I can't be bothered, bf is making tea as well so we're having fish and chips (SW chips but not fish)

Gonna get back to it tomorrow might spend the day doing an online shop instead with lots of SW foods.

The curry is amazing with lamb in the slow cooker too xx

Laura thats terrible, first thing I would do is ring the bus company and complain bitterly not just about his attitude but the fact he didn't check his bus was free of passengers completely before heading off for petrol, he has a responsibilty for the care of people whilst on his bus, then to turf you off in the middle of nowhere after telling you your ticket is suddenly invalid, even if it was he should have taken you back into town as it was not your fault he wasn't smart enough to check his bus first...

I'm no the best at making curries but they are the easiest thing in the world in the slowcooker, if I have time I do try and cook the spices off in a frying pan first but it isn't really a neccessity.....

Sorry you;re feeling crappy Charl there are a load of different stomach bugs floatingaround so it could be something like that making you feel nauseous I felt terrible last Thursday everytime I stood up I felt like I was going to throw up, took a few days to feel back to normal again... if it carries on maybe a quick check with the doctors or pharmacist

Thinking I've overdone things the last few days as I feel like all my stitches are going to burst if I move too much, obviously I know they aren't but I'm worried whats going to happen when they finally dissolve, so I'm trying to do hardly anything today other than a slow walk up to school to pick up ells, so trying to eat things that are easy to prepare....

Toni I'm with Laura go back to writing down you'll stick to the plan then I'm sure, buy do think about pushing your date back, I did that a few weeks ago, it'll help you focus and take off the stress off a little...You;'ve done brilliantly so far xx

Hugs to you all

I'm going to give myself until Xmas and then maybe extend my goal by a week or two if it looks like I won't make it. Going to start doing a diary on here but random question...how?! Is it just like starting a new thread?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Go onto the slimming world section of forums, then click on food diaries and up the top there'll be the option to start a new thread :) and link it to us so we can sub! The link to mine is in my signature x

A few confessions!!

I was really hungry late last night so I quickly whizzed up some syn free chicken liver pate and had a small portion of that with some sliced cucumber..and that still wasn’t enough to satisfy the belly grumbles so I had 150g of fat-free natural yoghurt with 1 sachet of options Belgian hot choc (2 syns) taking me over my syns yesterday with a grand total of 16…!!! :(

Today……..and it’s completely my own fault……..as its my last day at work tomorrow I have brought in a great big tin of quality streets for my colleagues as a little goodbye and thank you pressie from me! But of course I have tucked in myself!!!!! From what I’ve read, I’m synning them at 2.5 each, so far I’ve only had one (the purple one of course!) but I have another 3 sitting on my desk! Hoping to have 2 today and 2 tomorrow as a little last day treat-to-me……oh but then tomorrow is the Christmas do/meal out/cocktails extravaganza so should probably save ALL of my syns for the night time….!! Hmm!! I may *try* to put a couple of choccies back……..! X

View attachment 71178

Yum yum!!! Also had to use 1 tbsp of olive oil which I thought was a lot less syns than it actually is and am mortified that its 6 syns per tbsp !!!!! Luckily I only ate half so would only be 3....! Still annoyed at myself though.....why!?!? X

I've got a feeling you can have olive oil as a hex

If I'm doing a stiry fry I just use fry light then enough boiling water just to keep everything in the pan moving, or you could use a little stock instead of the olive oil, I tend to find the taste of it too heavy nowadays

Kelly if you have a fridge at work why don't you put your choccies in there instead, if they're out of sight you won;t keep thinking about them... my son gave me two tiny bounty sweets on Monday... my fave choccies in the world so I stck them in the freezer telling myself I'll have them later, I keep seeing them but seeing as I'm focussed on other food when I see them I tell myseld ooh I'll have that later and they're still in there, distraction works...

Well done on the chicken liver pate and cucumber, you could easily have gone for the second option first... if you've only gone over by one one syn and most of them were healthy choices don't beat yourself up over it, you'll just stress out

The Filipo Bertoli oil or something like that is 0.5 SYNS for 7 sprays, amazing for SW and loads better than fry light xx

I'll take a look :)

You can have 1tbsp olive oil as a HexB on all plans :) I usually use it when frying onions as they just don't taste the same 'fried' in frylight! It doesn't bring out any of their flavour :( I will try the oil spray you suggest Charl, sounds a lot better! I don't mind spending a tiny amount of syns if it makes things taste better :)

Just got BBQ, chilli and curry flavoured beans from tesco to try out - they're free, but I've never had them and they look really good! I also got some rice vermacelli noodles as I love them! Got goats cheese and filo pastry as well as I am planning to make a goats cheese and caramelised onion tart soon! Excited :D Love that combo!

How is everyone's day going? Is anyone else finding it harder to stick to plan the colder it is? All I want is chocolate and pie haha! x

Hi all

I started SW classes and done pretty well on it but over the past couple of months I have all but given up and have put on over 1/2stone. My clothes are now getting tight and uncomfortable so I need to get back on track but the classes on a Tues are too late for me as I like my WI day as a treat day so I am going it solo from home and will WI on a Sat morning so I can have a good day of being able to go out if I want and not bother too much with what I am eating. I have ordered a treadmill (was going to wait till xmas and use the £ I have asked for but seen a good deal in Argos) and it arrives on the 19th. The following is something that I have just posted in Tip of the Day which I hope that those of us doing it alone will find helpful.

If doing SW from home, there is an app to keep track of point which I have been using and have found useful. I even track my HEx's & put in a 0 value for syns. The App is The Points Tracker and it is free.

Another is if you have Sky, have a look at the Fitness Channel - 282 (there is another but I cannot remember off-hand what it is). There are some good workouts on there and one I have just discovered is Pop Physique, there are 2 episodes of this. Tried the Hard Core one yest and I could only manage 10mins but I could feel it today in my stomach. I have been ill all week and doing any kind of exercise would have been a struggle but I am going to do a little each night and build it up until my treadmill arrives!!!

I hope to be on here pretty often and seeing how everyone is getting on and getting to know you all :)

Welcome Alycyn! I've seen you around on the SW forums :) Well done for deciding to get back to it, and for joining us! I used the Points Tracker too, and would definitely recommend it to others, really good for tracking things on the go! I occasionally flick to the Fitness Channel but find it hard to get the privacy to exercise in my house - funny how I can work up a sweat in front of a load of strangers at the gym but get embarrassed doing it in front of my family haha! I might take another look though :)

Thanks Alycyn, will have a look at the app and that channel tonight - both good pointers :)

Laura i feel the same about onions and frylite - i feel like the onions absorb the taste of it and it ruins them. I use my hexB as olive oil sometimes :)

Right I'm the most bloated I've been for ages, feel rank! Back to SW in the morning for me! Xx

I made the curry, a little late tho so put it on high. I suppose I can always pop in the oven for 30mins if not cooked by 7pm! Smells good :)

I think we all need a group hug, so many of us are finding things tough. That's why I love this thread, def couldn't do it without this place! We can and will do it all together, however long it takes. I think winter is always gonna be tricky, who wants to snuggle up with a carrot stick!! Just a couple of weeks til christmas, where we are def allowed to let go a bit! Sooo hoping I can loose 4.5lbs by then, just the thought of it is spurring me on :)

Back to sw tomorrow charl, online shopping is the way to go x x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Group hug sounds good to me, maybe we need to cook ourselves some nice SW comfort foods, bung them in the microwave and be good to go... I love my porridge as my comfort food esp with bananas, miffed that berries are way too expensive to buy at the moment frozen ones are just not the same....

Hi Alysyn welcome aboard, my WI day is Saturday too, so we can WI together.... everyone here is so so supportive

Right I need to finally download some apps on the new phone where can I find them do I log onto the sites like here on the phone and find them there or do I have to google them, I'm a complete barbie when it comes to techie stuff..

Hubs has cooked dinner tongith so not sure how it's going to taste... quorn southern style chicken burger, boiled potatoes so I can make ti into potato salad and a side salad with ham and cheese from hex I was supposed to eat it lunchtime as a treat but ran out of time before school run

Back