DOING SW FROM HOME???

8 shreddies is harsh!!! Yep am going to weigh in every Sunday morning then can have a Sunday dinner as a little treat if all goes well ;-). I think we should post out food diaries each night to make sure that we are all on track and to help each other out maybe. It's fab to have someone starting with me...hurrah!!! Xxx

Oh awesome sounds like a great plan!! :) I will try and remember to update it, im not at uni atm so i have lots of spare time, but when i go back im so busy that i need to remember to spare 5 mins just to update and catch up with everyone! :) Here is the link to my food diary thing, I just updated about my new diet plan :) if you have one then link to yours so we can track each other ahaha (Sounds a bit weird) x
http://www.minimins.com/weight-loss-diary/224899-caliroses-diary-gunna-slim-first-time-my-life-4.html

Well my boyfriend is a potato farmer which doesn't really help as he does so much physical activity he can pretty much eat what he wants and get away with it! He is supportive though, particularly on the exercise front as he got my bike out for me this morning so I could do a little bike ride, only 2 miles but 2 more than I'd usually do sat watching tv so not bad I guess, a starting point at least!

Today I had belvita breakfast biscuits (that's what I use my syns on) for lunch I'm having jacket potato with beans and cheese as A and for dinner it's SW spag Bol (with garlic bread for my bf - grrr!)

What are you girls having today?

Thats good though thats hes been supportive! And yay for the bike ride, more than Ive done today...waiting for my asda shop then gunna eat some lunch then go out for a long walk with the bf!! That sounds like a really nice food day...it sounds crazy we can eat some much and still lose :) I dunno what im gunna have yet as I'm waiting on my asda, and when it gets here i will decide what i fancy! :) x

Oh sorry quick question to someone that might know, I thought shreddies weren't HEXB but I have a list from Laura on the board who says they are hexb! Does that mean I can have them for that instead of using my Syns? xx

Are they on the green day list?? All I would say is that I trust that list and sometimes tweak healthy extras so it's up to you what you decide to do :) personally I would count it as a healthy extra though :)

Yeah it is on the list, i didnt see it at first so thought it would have to be syn points but now its not im a bit happier!! :D Thanks! x

Welcome all the newbies. I have been on the plan for just a year and have lost 4 stone. My losses are very slow but I am happy with it as it means that I can maintain the loss longer - I am not after a quick fix. This is a life style change and not a fad diet. I did not attend a group as I felt that I needed to discpline myself to make changes rather than feel because I was paying someone else to weigh me I had to lose. I used old books that I had from many years ago and put the weeky group money in a jar each week and trea myself to something (non-food) when I achieve mini goals.

This plan is the best I have ever used and love it as it allows you to eat healthy, variety,eat as much as you want (until full) of free food and some treats. I use the principals of the plan but tweak to suit me. eat when I am hungry and stop when full.

If I could give you some advice here:
- eat what suits you best. We are all different and our bodies can tolerate certain things and not others.
- Try different plans (Green, Red, EE) and see which is best for you
- Drink plenty of water and fluid
- Avoid artificial sweetners and processed food as much as you can. Chemicals and additives in them obsorb food and water
- Have between 10-15 syns initially and later on yu can cut them down if you hit a plato. They are there to give you a balanced diet. You can have them as treats or build them into your meals. You get 105 syns a week, you can use them daily (best way) or use them as and when you feel like within the week.
- Cook your food from scartach if you can. Make big pots of curry, soup, casserole, etc so you can freeze some for when you are busy and no time to cook or want to take to work
- Do not starve yourself. If hungry then snack on free or superfree food
- On this plan the more of free & superfree food you have the better your losses will be
- Do not worry if someone elses losses are greater than yours. As mentioned before we are all different and burn food at a different rate
- Expriement with food
- Plan your meals so you always have something ready and not tempted by takeaway or calorie laden options
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables. They are good for fushing the system
- Initially, your portions will be big but gradually your stomach shrinks and want less

Everyone on the forum is lovely and helps as soon as a question is asked and we are all here for the same reason and support each other.

Please feel free to look through my diary (link is on my signature).

Good luck and hope to catch up with you soon.

Thanks for all the advice Rosielea its helpful to hear all this stuff when you start :)

Thanks for all that wonderful advice Rosielea, I managed to download the vast majority of the plans using torrents and lost 10 lbs when I was following it. I know myself I am better on the green day than red (I can't figure out EE for some reason even if I have read that info thread a few dozen times) as when I eat meat I gain weight literally instantly. Like before I start again in the New Year which is my plan, I had sausages last night and gained a decent amount in the 12 hrs from eating to weighing myself. So I stick with the green days as I love carbs more then meat anyways.

Fab advice!! I am actually quite excited to get started properly!! Is this the thread where we post out food tracker for the day? Woo hoo!! X

Hi, it's under 'food diaries' where you can post your daily food consumption :) It's such a good way of keeping track.

Shows how different everyone's body is because I can't lose well on green but on red the weight literally drops off :) Such a shame because I love pasta and spuds...

Is anyone else using the myfitnesspal app? I'm using it as my food diary as you can also log exercise. My username is katierwood88 if anyone wants to add me as a friend, I've set my food diary as viewable to friends!

Looks like you've had a good healthy day Emma! My mums made that curry in the past I think, is it the creamy chicken curry one? It was delicious actually I'll have to dig out the recipe!

Not to bad today...but am craving sweet stuff after pigging out over Christmas!!! Yep it was the creamy one and it was lovely!! How are you getting on?? Xx

Well I did the SW spag Bol which was delicious then to try and do the 1/3 super free (I'm dong extra easy) I had broccoli and asparagus on the side which actually went some way to filling me up and I didn't have too much spaghetti so saved up some carbs there! Still resented cooking my boyfriend a garlic baguette but its all for the greater good I guess! The myfitnesspal app I was on about says if I stick with the kind of food I had today I'll have lost a stone in five weeks which I'd be over the moon with it'd be a great start and I probably need that to be the motivation to keep me focused on being well behaved!

NYE tomorrow though which means the dreaded alcohol!! I'll have to try my best to stick to vodka soda and lime cordial I reckon, does anyone know the rough syn values for a single/double?

Fantastic!!! Well done!!! I don't drink so that's not th problem...it's the bloody finger food and stuff grrr!!! Then one of my dads roasts on Tuesday :-( will get on the Just dance 4 and see what I can burn off!! Xxx

Back