DOING SW FROM HOME???

Well done Katie! Sounds like you are doing great so far! Apparently 35ml of vodka is 4syns! Im quite lucky i dont really drink too much either so not a great issue atm! :) x

Well done guys, looks like you're doing well! Most pub and club measures are 25ml which for vodka and most other sprits is 2.5 syns :)

I'm starting SW from home on the 1st January 2013. I've never been this heavy (will log final weight on New Year's Day). I started some new medication 3 weeks ago with one of its side effects being weight gain..so Im for losses and I don't are how slow as long as I lose. I have done a 7 day menu of breakfast lunches dinners and snacks and went out and bought everything I would need. I hope to get to know you all ad we can all have a great slimming journey for 2013
Lisa xx

Welcome all the newbies!! I should have guessed we'd have a lot more people joining us at this time of year ;D

Wonder where all the old members have gone... Yoohoooooo??? Charl, Jen, Tilly, Li?!?! Anyone?!

Yeah we are all jumping on the band wagon at this time of year! I don't believe in the new year being a new start, its just coincidence im here at that time lol. Its mainly cus of being off uni for a few weeks that i have the spare time to look into diets and get going! First time ive had off since september to get focused! The people on slimming world side of the site seem really nice as well, i was worried they wouldnt be as nice as the weight watchers side ive been on for so long aha! Everyone must have disappeared for xmas? :O

Yeah, usually when it's quiet on here it's cause everyone's off being naughty ;D I don't blame them though, busy time of year and I'm not doing much better!!

Yea its hard when you have been dieting for a long time, not to just want to consume everything! After doing WW for so long when I stopped doing it I really went off the deep end, thats why i have gained back 5lbs aha! Im sure they will be back after new year! :)

I'm actually now officially sick to death of eating rich stuff and sweet and sickly stuff but there's no point in starting before the 1st January for me because there's still so much crap in the house to eat :D so has normal my kids are having their mates around and a few of my hubbies friends from work are coming over plus my sister and her brood and I'm putting on a buffet type thing and if it ain't all gone by the time the last person leaves or falls asleep then it's going in the bin :)
I usually do a big brunch type Breakfast thingy on Jan 1st with the whole works sausage bacon hash browns mushrooms black pudding fried potatoes beans tomatoes omelettes etc and then a rack of lamb dinner for family a lot later. But I've told them all to sod off this year, not only am I sick of cooking all the time it also gets expensive and to be honest it's just unnecessary eating and greed after the rubbish we've been getting g through since the 24th - anyway I'm looking forward to my fruit and yoghurt and my Quorn cottage pie on the 1st :)
Lisa xx

I'm here!! And yes have been unbelievably naughty over last couple of weeks. Can even feel my jeans tightening :-( I have full intentions of getting back on it. But there really is soooo much bad food in the house, gonna have to secretly bin some!! Am starting with a new target I think. Started the year at 15 stone, got down to 11st2lb and think I'm probably 11st6lb now so my new target is 10stone by our holiday in June. Signing up for a half marathon too!

Hello to all the newbies, lovely to extend our fab group here!

:)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Hey 'oldies' aha so to speak, since we are newbies lol! It is a nightmare having so much bad food in the house isnt it? I have thrown all my out, luckily most was at my mums, but its a nightmare!! Good luck in the new year everyone! :) x

Hey 'oldies' aha so to speak, since we are newbies lol! It is a nightmare having so much bad food in the house isnt it? I have thrown all my out, luckily most was at my mums, but its a nightmare!! Good luck in the new year everyone! :) x

Everything that is remotely in danger of being on the naughty step food-wise is going on a mahooosive buffet tomorrow night and it will meet its demise via the wheelie bin if its not been consumed by some drunken greedy person before they've collapsed on the floor asleep or gone home :D

I'm here, been a silent surfer whilst eating my body weigh in crap food haha. One more day of freedom and then back on the SW wagon! Start running Wednesday too, eek!
Jen you'll reach that target by June. I want to be 11st by April... That's 19.5lb to lose, have done 23 already in 13 weeks so I'm sure I can do it or get as close to it as possible.
Going through some issues with the OH, think a break up is on the cards. Funny thing is I don't feel sad anymore, I feel like its run its course. Nightmare is that we live together so not only do I have to end it I have to move out too! Argh, happy 2013!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good plan Lisa!!
Aww Tonianne that kind of sucks? But at the same time if you arent that sad about it, then its probably for the best. Annoying having to move though :( x

Being in the 11 stones is fab, sometimes I forget how far I've come, was 15stone plus for a very long time!

Arrr toni, you ok? Things must be hard, even if it's amicable, relationships ending are always tough. Do you rent or own your house? Can you stay with family or friends whilst sorting things out. Have you been together long? A new year and new start hun. Good luck with the running, am here if you have any questions x

:)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Back