DOING SW FROM HOME???

Wow Dianea1!! What a cool physical representation is that?! And I bet you wouldn't be able to carry her around all day every day, so I'm sure your body is much happier for it :) brilliant motivation!

Working a night shift tonight and no-one to have the boys tomorrow so can't sleep! Am gonna chuck all the naughty food in the house. Going running this week and the next food shop will be full of sw goodies, am back!

Happy new year all :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Tomorrow I'm back on SW :) actually looking forward to not eating junk! Going for my first couch to 5k walk/run tomorrow too!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Tomorrow I'm back on SW :) actually looking forward to not eating junk! Going for my first couch to 5k walk/run tomorrow too!

I did the couch to 5k in the summer and did the whole 9 weeks, it is so amazing when you get to the point that you can run 25 minutes without stopping :) I wasn't dieting at the time so didn't lose any weight but my legs looked amazing and I felt so much better. Unfortunately I was a total wuss and gave up as soon as the clocks changed and it was cold, dark and wet!!

But I am looking forward to starting it again in spring, I expect through from scratch..

In relation to New Year, I stuck at the plan during the day, but on the evening had an Indian and also had several malibu and diet coke. Have been back to plan today though and am sick of eating junk so finding it very easy at the moment, long may it continue!!

Hi All!

Well yesterday I was really naughty, had a bloody McDonalds on the drive over to Shropshire (where I'm from originally and where our NYE party was!) then when we got to the party I had a few more vodkas than I initially planned for!!

A bacon sandwich this morning made me feel a bit better but then a miracle happened, I weighed myself and I've lost 5lbs since the 26th! Amazing! I was so chuffed that despite a naughty couple of days, I'm firmly focused and back on track and have just made a really nice vegetable soup to take to work for my lunches! It's my boyfriends turn to cook tonight and he's making a SW cottage pie!

Hope you all had a great new year, can't wait for us all to start reaping the benefits of our new healthy lives!!

Woo well done Katie! :) I went over my syns today by 4.5 haha and I feel so guilty..even though the last two days I've only used 10.5 syns, so I guess it's not too bad! It's good I feel guilty though cus I need the guilt in order to not overeat! :) x

5lbs loss is fab, well done especially being christmas! Don't worry about the mishaps, it's done now. If you are in a position of wanting McDonald's, I recommend the chicken salads, they're actually really nice and very low calorie.

Running in the cold/wet is horrid but to be fair I hated running when it was really hot last summer! You're only cold for the first 10mins or so! Wear a long sleeved top under a t-shirt in this weather, if it's really cold wear gloves and hat too. I miss it now, crazy! Been about a month since my 10k so I MUST get my butt out there!! :)

Calirose, if you've had 2 days of 10 syns then 1 day of going over by 4 is absolutely fine! As long as it's just the 1 day tho lol ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Jen will I get too hot with a long sleeved top under a tshirt? I'm kind of looking forward to see how I get on, i used to be more of a sprinter than distance but we'll see :) I hope it's not raining though!

Yeah I think its fine for a day just gotta make sure it's not everyday!
Now you've said that Tonianne I had a look into it and I think Im gunna give the couch to 5k thing a go too! Getting my bf to do it with me! I have bad knees so I will have to see how they get along with it, but hopefully I will be able to do it! Good luck with yours! :) xx

Been for a 4 mile walk (those who have read the start of my diary will know thats a big step for me)also made some lovely soup and basically took stock of everything and decided that there's going to be lots of positive changes in 2013 and day one of slimming world today being one of them! :)

:) HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL :heartpump: xxx

How far is your first run? When I first started, I didn't go too far or fast so didn't get really hot so you probably do need the layers to start with. It depends how cold it is! I would wear my running skin and t-shirt on top at the mo. I wore jackets to start with and tied it round my waist if I got hot. I get hot after running for about 20mins :)

All this talk of running and I can't wait to get back to the gym :) Not sure I'll be able to get there tomorrow or Thursday because I don't get back from work till 6ish, but Friday definitely :)

Surviving a Post-Christmas Diet | The Ramblings of a Mad Woman I've written this blog post and thought it might help a few of you guys too, so take a look if you fancy it :)

x

Great blog post Laura! Something that I'm about to do and that always inspires me for weight loss, is to watch tv shows like the biggest loser, or 'I used to be fat' because they are soo inspiring, these people who are like 400lbs losing like 250lbs in a year! I think if they can do it, from the point to where they can barely move, to running everyday, then I'm sure I can do it too! :) x

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it :) Yes, those programs definitely show you what can be done when you put your mind to it! x

That's a great blog Laura! Good idea about the chocolate lid too!!

I've just been looking at the couch to 5k stuff, I'd never heard of it before and to be honest with work and my horse I don't have time at the moment but I'd like to give it a go when the evenings get a little lighter so it'll be great to see how you girls are getting on with it!

Back to work tomorrow and staying in a hotel tomorrow night as I'm down in Surrey so room service will be a big test, followed by dinner with the girls on Thursday night... I better get myself prepared and maybe look at menus in advance. Does anyone have any tips when dining out?

That's a great blog Laura! Good idea about the chocolate lid too!!

I've just been looking at the couch to 5k stuff, I'd never heard of it before and to be honest with work and my horse I don't have time at the moment but I'd like to give it a go when the evenings get a little lighter so it'll be great to see how you girls are getting on with it!

Back to work tomorrow and staying in a hotel tomorrow night as I'm down in Surrey so room service will be a big test, followed by dinner with the girls on Thursday night... I better get myself prepared and maybe look at menus in advance. Does anyone have any tips when dining out?

Do you pay for your dinner or your company. If you do yourself then go to the supermarket and buy things like cooked chicken and salad stuff and have it in your room. Also you can boil some eggs in the kettle. Get those pot noodle things (that is if you like them). I heard these days they have microwaves in hotel rooms - if so then buy some steam/microwaveable veg and have with cold meat or hot chicken. Only a few ideas. When I stayed in hotes I bought cooked chicken and had it with salad and sandwiches. Also bought milk & cereals, fruits and had in the mornings.

I just did my first couch to 5k with the bf, as I refer jogging at night, so people don't see my fat arse aha. It was really good :) I recommend! I know it's gunna get harder but if i stick to it, hopefully i can do it! :D x

Another home slimmer here. Xx

Last edited:
Back