DOING SW FROM HOME???

I did it on line years ago and you weren't sent a hard copy of the diets back then as you could access it online (I had an old book so it was easier). You could probably buy the books online or how about joining a different SW group. I know how you feel about the me me me people, that's one of the reasons why i stopped going to group too.

Thanks so much for the quick response Skinnylegs :)

I'm now in a job where I have to do a fair few late nights, and don't often have a lot of notice about which nights they are, so evening classes are out - and no one does a lunchtime class anywhere near me.

That's why I thought Online would be good - together with Minimins, of course, which is full of such motivating people :D

Evening all!

I can't believe all the changes to hex's, no nimble or ww bread? I often have bread as my hexb to take sandwiches to work, what now?

Another quite successful day, had gammon for tea, gave hubby chips and peas and I had brocolli and a fried egg with mine! My syns today have been an extra weetabix, an alpen bar and bread for a sandwich so happy with that as a mix of sw and cc seemed to work for me. Completely forgot to wi this morning, busy getting out the house with work so will do it tomorrow, eek!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Evening all

I'm considering starting SW Online tonight and just wondered how you were getting on with it?

The first/last time I did SW, about three years ago, I didn't feel comfortable with the sessions - lots of kids observing proceedings, a truly awful sneery consultant, a very loud Me Me Me woman who dominated the conversation, the equipment often failed so WI took forever, and I didn't get home until late when I was ravenous! I only went a few times, unsurprisingly!

Since then have been doing low carb on and off (more off, tbh :eek:) and although it's very successful for many people (I lost 2 stone in as many months), I need the wider food choices that SW offers (bread, bread, bread, bread :D).

When you subscribe online, do you get hard copies of the books sent out? And can you buy the directories and syn books? They are going for really silly money on ebay!

Look forward to hearing from you

Susie :)

Hiya Susie :)

I did SW online early last year. You don't get anything through the post because you can access everything on line. The upto date syn values and directories are all there at a touch of a button. Everything that you get in your books is there including extra recipes. Part of my membership was to get the magazine sent to me too :) x

Thx Lisa :)

Sounds like a plan - after all, what's the point of having a smart phone, tablet and puters at work and home if I don't use them for my own benefit? :D

Good idea on the magazine front, I always found the stories inspiring. Right, will get sorted, and see you back here soon!

Hi all,
just joined as a newbie and will be weighing in from home each weds.
Did sw a couple of years ago and lost a stone but slowly crept back on and have a number of friends getting married this year (I'm a bridesmaid for one) so really want to look my best and not stand out as the fatty in photos!
Thank goodness for this forum, I've been reading all day and have Been so inspired by some of the stories I've found - so thank you!
Ging x

Hello all.

Am also back, after having about 4 months off and eating rubbish I finally refound my motivation.

My lowest weight was 11st 12 from 21st7 and now I'm (a whopping) 15st10 so have a fair way to go to get back down to my lowest weight. I'm well motivated though and have spent the last two days exactly on plan and loving it all over again.

I really liked the idea someone posted on here about putting the weigh in money into a jar and then when they reach a mini target spending that on something nice, am deffo going to do that. How much is class does anyone know? I've never actually been, just stole the books of my Mum and did it from home.

My first mini target is to get to 13 stone. Totally in reach and I hope to do this in about 10 weeks in total, I always found losing 1-2lbs a week was a healthy way to lose weight although fully expect my first week of healthy eating to lose a chunk, I always do. I weigh myself on a Saturday (although started this week on Tuesday but will still weigh in on Saturday).

So yes, hello everyone.

£4.95 a week!! That's what I'm going to do, then I will spend it in some nice clothes for Florida which is my aim. I am 15lb2 which is heavier than when I was nine months pregnant!! So I too am on a mission!!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Newbies!

Ging your like me similar height and similar start n Goal weight! I was 10st 11lbs when I started in April on my own. I've lost a stone since then and then put a few back on. Ideally id like to be between 9-9 1/2 stone as that's where I'm at my most comfortable. So prob got another 12-14lbs I reckon so I'm happy!

Good luck all any questions were all here to help! X

I love the sound of putting money away in a jar or something, although I am far too poor to actually do that, hence why not going to classes aha! I do like the idea of putting a pound in a jar for every pound you lose in a week then at the end of the month buying something little for yourself like a nail polish or something, or saving that money up until you reach your goal, so if you lose 25lbs you have £25 to buy a new dress! :) x

I love the sound of putting money away in a jar or something, although I am far too poor to actually do that, hence why not going to classes aha!

lol., very true.

xx

Aha i hate dieting and being poor! It sucks when you wanna buy loads of nice food and low syn snacks but can't cus u have no money. Can't wait for my student loan day hehe! x

Lost 2lbs this week, which is just 2 days on plan. I know it's bloat that is going but am happy with that. 10lbs to my first target then!

Happy Friday all! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Hi Newbies!

Ging your like me similar height and similar start n Goal weight! I was 10st 11lbs when I started in April on my own. I've lost a stone since then and then put a few back on. Ideally id like to be between 9-9 1/2 stone as that's where I'm at my most comfortable. So prob got another 12-14lbs I reckon so I'm happy!

Good luck all any questions were all here to help! X

Thanks Tilly!! day one and so far feeling good!
Do you have a diary thread on here? Would be interested to hear what your daily menus look like....I'm wondering how much portion control comes into play once you get near your target weight?
Thanks
Gx

I've begun (again!) yey! X

Well done Jen for the loss and well done Charl for getting back on it :D

Been up all night with a bad stomach and hoping this isn't the start of the dreaded norovirus which I've managed to avoid so far! Once again, was going to go to the gym today but am going to have to give it a miss, I don't want to risk it! Will have loads of time next week though, so it's fine :)

Newbie. My virgin post & I'm going it alone (well not quite).
Have done the whole class thing a few times in the past and lost weight so I know it works, but I've had loads of health issues and medication and now being unable to unable to exercise or even mobiles as much as I used to it seemed pointless wasting money to see if I could actually lose the 3st I've gained in the last 2 years, so I've found your lovely website and on top of that on returning to work after the Christmas break my team (social workers) have decided to use the profits made from the office tuck shop to purchase a set of scales. Those of us wanting to lose weight are following whatever diet/healthy eating plan we chose and we weigh ourselves weekly in the loo, so naming or shaming, if we gain or stay the same we make a small contribution to charity, everyone's a winner.....or so we hope :553:

Back