DOING SW FROM HOME???

Ohh no Jen! Hope you are feeling alright! The norovirus sucks soo bad! I got it on a coach :| not even a little bit fun at all. Hope you feel better soon!! x

Morning all,
Back at it today. Hoping to wear out the boys later with a little just dance on the wii or dacne central on the xbox and burn a few calories myself too. I was just wondering about breakfast. I tend to have one alpen light cereal bar for breakfast and wondered if this was ok. I work in a clinical environment and need something I can just eat from a wrapper. Also, I do drink asdas own blue charge energy drinks. They are 119kcals a can. Are these a big no no??? I love them but will go without if needs be. I really do not have much time left now before I will be going to the ball in a bin liner as my dresses don't fit.

Hello! I am attempting Slimming World from home as I can't drive and work on different days each week so wouldn't be able to commit to a club. I have the books I need and this website is a lifesaver! I started yesterday weighing in at 10 stone 1. I'd like to lose about a stone ideally. I wad really inspired by all the success stories on here and I thought it would be a really great motivation if I posted my progress :)

Jen, you can still have bread! It's now the plain wholemeal kind though - like Hovis/Warburtons, or shops own, or anybody's - 400g loaf=2 slices or 800g loaf=1 slice or a roll weighing 60g.

Susie I am an online member and there are lots of different packages you can subscribe to. The basic one is just online access to everything, but you can print everything off if you need a hard copy. Then there is one that includes the magazine, then there are others that include the books. You can always buy any of the books separately, including the recipe books at any time to be posted to you. The only thing you can't get is the hi-fi bars (no great loss in my opinion, the alpen ones are nicer and you can have 2!)

Good day today so far, eaten like a horse :D

Im massive sugar withdrawals today. I have no energy or motivation. Does anyone else get like this when they start back on sw?

I think that would also count me in to that. I started back officially on Tuesday, but was doing it sort of for a few days before. I had to use up all my syns with greek muller yoghurt and chocolate as I was going through withdrawl myself.

I munched through a punnet of grapes to help boost the sugar hopefully it will go by tomorrow.

Hi Everyone, I'm back onto slimming world plan as of 2 days ago. I used to go to class and lost just over a stone but my shifts all changed and I couldn't commit to the same group every week. After a few months of going it alone on and off I have decided to give it another go! I'm following extra easy from home and decided to start posting and using the forums for some support and inspiration :)

about to start slimming world from home again.. the husband is joining me to!
i went to a group in about may so have the book from then but ive heard that some of the healthy extras have changed since then..

does anyone have a list of the healthy extras that have changed

Hi to all newbies!

Feel a bit like a newbie myself as a returner to SW.
Still haven`t got any scales to weigh myself (must sort that out)
Weighed myself in Boots (had to pay 50p!)

Got a bit of a shock. I thought I`d put on about half a stone bringing me up to 10st.
NOPE! I`m officially 11st 5lbs and have undone all my previous hard work

First mini target - get under 11st!

Hey all & welcome more Newbies!!

Ging - No I don't put a food diary on here sorry! I'm pretty boring with my food at the minute - I'm househunting with the Boyf at the minute so when we have a house I'll be experimenting more with some tasty meals! As I've started the plan then stopped and put a few pound on I'm not sure if i be able to see if my losses slow down near target. We'll see!

Charley - MoorcroftMiss put a post a few pages ago about the changes...have a quick look for it and then you'll be fine!

Jen - Was gunna say to u that u can still have normal Wholmeal Bread 400g loaf like MoorcroftMiss said...just not the ones it's stated as they have reduced the amount of fibre in the recipe so they don't class as a HexB.

Hope everyone's ok and being good! Ive gone over on syns today (Linda McCartney Mushroom n Ale Pie - 22 syns!) but it was in the freezer so I needed to use it and it was ok but not worth that many syns!! But the last 2 days ive been under so it's balanced out!

X

Grannie - Good on you for taking the plunge and starting up again and weighing yourself when you know youve put weight on is never easy! Were all here to support eachother anyway so Good Luck for your 1st weigh in! X

I managed to download some information via the internet which is a good start, I am not sure if it is all as I have no idea what it is supposed to look like, but I have all the days broken down, food diary, intro info, the lot. I now have a lovely lady getting me the books in her class this evening so I will be able to go through things myself as I like to have books in my hand.

Haven't managed to get to group yet as my friend went into labour and I had her son so her and her husband could go to hospital. Will go Monday, photocopy Tuesday and put in the school post Tuesday evening :) xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Day three has gone exactly to plan. Tried my first ever extra easy day which was nice. Tomorrow will also be extra easy I think :)

Hope everyone is okay & getting on well.

EE is fab, took me a while to realise that it was fine to eat carbs and meat together!

Had a right mare tonight. My 4yr old son was helping in the kitchen. We have an integrated microwave above the cooker. He was stood on a little chair watching his milk, then tried opening the door and the whole blimin thing slide out on top of him! The door smashed, glass and hot milk everywhere!! I was literally 5feet away but it happened so fast I couldn't get to it in time :-( he miraculously wasn't crushed but cut his hand. Bandaged him up, my other 2yr old son saw the whole thing and screamed for 30mins. Wouldn't be surprised if Oliver woke being sick with concussion or blue. I can't lift the microwave it's that heavy!! Feel horrid, in shock I think :-(

On a positive note, on plan today and said no to terry's chocolate orange and a glass of wine!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Oh Jen sorry to hear about the little accident in your household. I hope everyone is ok now. Well done on saying No to choccie & wine.

EE is fab, took me a while to realise that it was fine to eat carbs and meat together!

Had a right mare tonight. My 4yr old son was helping in the kitchen. We have an integrated microwave above the cooker. He was stood on a little chair watching his milk, then tried opening the door and the whole blimin thing slide out on top of him! The door smashed, glass and hot milk everywhere!! I was literally 5feet away but it happened so fast I couldn't get to it in time :-( he miraculously wasn't crushed but cut his hand. Bandaged him up, my other 2yr old son saw the whole thing and screamed for 30mins. Wouldn't be surprised if Oliver woke being sick with concussion or blue. I can't lift the microwave it's that heavy!! Feel horrid, in shock I think :-(

On a positive note, on plan today and said no to terry's chocolate orange and a glass of wine!

Awwww no! :( hope you and the babies are ok....I would of been swigging out the bottle wine with a chocolate orange in the other hand lol :) xxx

Thanks hun, good start to the weekend! I think I'll feel better in the morning when I know he's ok, poor little love. Don't fancy a trip to a&e saying a microwave fell on top of him!!

Oh no that must have been so frightening! Accidents happen though so don't beat yourself up about it, it's good to hear he's only got a little injury. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back