DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi all,

I am back on SW again after never really getting back on the wagon since my holiday to Thailand in November. I cooked a roast chicken yesterday with roast potatoes, roasted peppers, courgette, onion, garlic and carrots plus fresh green beans and peas! And not a single drop of oil used to cook the lot! I also stuffed the chicken with paxo stuffing so will need to syn a small amount of that but otherwise a good dinner.

Today's plan is to use some of the leftover chicken to make a thai style dinner tonight - need to look round today for a bit of inspiration as I don't want to make a curry. Thinking of doing some stir fried veggies with thai green seasoning and then throwing the chicken in to warm up in the end. I have had a hex a and hex b so far today at breakfast so can still decide which type of day I want to have later on. It will have to be green or red as there wont be enough superfree to make it EE I don't think.

Does anyone know if I can get the new books without having to join a class for a week? Seems a bit of a time waste as I know I won't be attending the classes regularly.

That sounds good! I really need to start walking again, and now its not so rainy I can go for walks in the evening with my mom! Might go this afternoon actually when im on lunch. I have some really weird pains in my sides, and i know this is tmi but its not gas, not period pains and not hunger. Not too sure what it is, but its super uncomfortable. Hopefully the walk will get rid of the pain!

Yay, everyone seems to be getting back on it today :D My interview went well, and now I just have to wait to hear back for the next interview with the actual employer :)

I don't usually drink hot drinks that often, but since having the Tassimo I drink a cup of coffee every day and I've also got into Lady Grey, though I'm not obsessive about drinking it and don't feel bad if I don't haha :)

What's everyone having for dinner tonight? x

Congrats Laura! Hope the interview gets you a job!! When I first moved to cornwall, I literally could not get a job for 6 months, even though I had a degree and years of experience in shop work, had like 6 interviews before I finally got one! Horrible experience, job hunting sucks!!
Glad everyone seems on track for January! Hope we all get some good losses :) x

Hope the interview went well Laura xxxx

God hungry again already I only ate about two hours ago.. I don't usually have lunch until two and I want to try and keep to that pattern, have to have some fruit I think I'm sure there are some satsumas left in the fridge... Looking forward to lunch now.... ham and cheese salad with hard boiled egg and some free soup....

I think I'm addicted to coffee! Was always a tea drinker but since sw started drinking black coffee to save my hexa. Now can't stomach tea, the milk makes me feel really sick. I feel like I 'need' coffee every couple of hours, it's not good! Also, now working in an office, I drink a lot more :-(

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Jen I'm the same since SW coffee all the time even though I have the odd tea sometimes still,,, I have decaff too so it's not the caffeine hit I need

I think I'll try having a few earl greys for a change gets the lemons in ;)

Oh Miss periperi if youve still got pains try hot water and lemon I drink it all the time for stomach aches etc..... drink the water ashot as you can manage as you would coffee or tea x

I think tea and coffee are good for us (in moderation) I sometimes feel a little anxious and when I do the first thing I grab is a nice mug of tea. It's a little chill out for 5 mins and gets me feeling like myself again :)

I've become a complete herbal tea addict since starting back, it means I can use my HexA for cheese...mmmmn. Trying out lots of new ones in the hope that it helps replace my evening glass of wine. I've become such an old woman, my fave part of the evening is getting a giant cuppa and enjoying 5 mins peace when the little one is in bed!

Totally agree Emma, we all need 5 mins feet up time :) Ruth x

I started drinkin black coffee 2 kp my milk. Dont drink t that often but i am now drinkin loads pukka teas. Ginger in morn, liquorice/cinnamon, after dinner & night time 1s r all gd. At work i drink hot water & diluting juice.

Miss P - have u eaten a lot of fruit veg compared 2 normsl? Altho not wind i find that i get pains from 2 much veg!! I kp a diary on here & i kp it written i a notebook that i carry witb me incase i cannot access my diary on here :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

I do love a cuppa :) but i like to make sure i drink water throughout the day because i used to get headaches when i drank tea all day. Probably the caffiene!

I drink crap loads of green tea im always on the loo.. still cant get used to the taste (i call it pond water! lol) the pains not too bad now thank god as long as i can get through work i'll be ok!!

You can buy green tea tablets (which is what I take as I don't like the tea itself either) from Holland & Barratt - just take one every day and it works just as well

Green is next on my list as I'd heard it is really good for you. Ruth -I never realised how blissful silence can be til I had Grace!
I'm sure there will be days when tea just does not cut it (hopefully not til after dry january).

Ditto the always on the loo comment MissPeriPeri, I think my coleagues will think I'm pregnant again if I keep this up!

Thanks for the support jenny, there`s times when i really need it. I do feel quite isolated at times. The tea is a booze substitute, gotta be better for me.Put on weight being at home all the time and got bored. Eat when i`m happy, eat when i`m sad, eat when i`m stressed, etc, etc...

Can`t afford to go back to group, not that i`d want to as i didn`t like the consultant. I`m on medication for depression and she outed me by telling the social team who then brought it up in conversation! That was supposed to be confidential.

Sorry for the rant folks! I feel better now.

Just had a mugshot for lunch followed by an apple and a satsuma. (I`ll polish my halo in a minute!)

SW shepherd`s pie for dinner, yum yum!! :)

Hi everyone,
I hope you don't mind me joining in! I've been reading this site for a bit but just joined up today.
ive started doing sw from home today (no classes near me) I've never done it before so I'm still trying to get my head around it!!!
Would you mind looking over what I've had so far today?? I'm doing EE plan:

breakfast:
42g bran flakes (heb) w/milk from allowance (HEA) and sweetener.
1 small orange and 1 banana
tea made w/milk from allowance and sweetener.

Lunch:
3 egg omelette made w/milk with mushrooms, onions and ham
salad made up of lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and onion.
2glasses of water.

Does it look like I'm on the right track??
i have a big pot of homemade veg soup in the fridge so I might have a bowl of that if I get hungry before dinner (if that's allowed!?!?!)

thanks so much

Looks fine so far. Depends on how you made the soup. Takes a while to get the hang of it!

Don`t forget your daily syns, their part of the plan!!

I wouldn`t be without mine. something to look forward to!!

BTW Welcome to the team!!:)

I've not been on plan for long HayleM but that sounds ok to me. I find if I use my b choice at breakfast I can get stuck for a mid afternoon snack so I'd recommend mixing it up over the week and see what works best for you. Keep it up though, I think we're all off to a great start :) Ruth x

Back