DOING SW FROM HOME???

Thanks so much for checking it for me!
for the soup I just boiled all different fresh veg in water with chicken stock cubes and blended it??
i actually have no idea what to use my syns for?!?! I'm doing the bacon and mushroom penne from the sw magazine for dinner and that's free on EE too. Do I need to do a side salad with that too? It doesn't say??
i do like my white wine so I was thinking of keeping some syns for the weekend for my wine? Can I do that??

Hi everyone, can I join in on here?! I'm doing sw from home at the mo cos I'm pregnant and refused to pay just to be told I'm putting on weight! Am just trying to eat a healthy as possible and keep my weight gain to 2 and a half stone!

You need to have your 3rd of a plate super free with every meal so salad would be good with your pasta or maybe add some broccoli and mushrooms? As for syns, you could have some mayo or nice dressing? A bicky or some chocolate or yes a glass of wine. As for saving them up I don't think that's allowed but you can flexibly syn if you know 15 isn't going to be enough for a night out for example. Just make sure you keep a tight reign on them for the rest of the week and it shouldn't affect your weight loss :) Ruth x

Usually I prefer to use syns on things like olive oil and butter to cook in. For example if I am having a jacket potato, I would have a little butter on it so its not dry - unless i am having tuna in which case I will use a couple of spoons of extra light mayo as syns.

I prefer to use syns on that rather than a twix for example. I find that the more flavour I pack into my meals the less I want to snack anyway. Plus if you are feeling like you want a pudding you could always have berries and a muller light (add a meringue nest for 1 syn) which is yummier than it sounds.

You need to use your syns as much as possible, especially at the beginning. If you don't, you will find it harder to stick to your meal plan and will be more tempted to 'cheat'. Also a lot of people find that they plateau - this is a good point to start reducing the syns you eat to kickstart the losses again.

I use my syns weekly rather than daily and i lost 23lbs in 13weeks. HOWEVER, this doesnt work for everyone so you have to see how it goes. I only do it this way because most days i don't tend to eat foods that require synning and i dont always fancy something just for the sake of using my syns up. Plus at the weekend i tend to go out so it suits my lifestyle better. But like i said this isn't going to work for everyone and i'm sure its not something a sw coordinator would neessarily recommend but it does work for me.

I think flexisynning is a different story from not using them at all though - as a newbie I just wanted to point out that she is allowed to use the syns....thats what they are there for.

I tried flexi once - like you I dont often use syns during the day - but it was a disaster. I ended up saving my sysn for a big fammily picnic and made loads of syn free food to take with me but ended up putting on 2lbs over the week!! Never tried it again lol

It's going to work differently for us all, to be honest I'm a bit of a 'by the book' kind of girl but only coz I'm too scared to go wandering off alone incase I undo all my hard work :) Ruth x

Oooh nothing better than a childfree cup of tea after dinner... I find if I drink it straight after dinner it keeps me from wanting a glass of wine

In my head I cant 'let' myself eat 15 syns a day just because i can/should...yet of a weekend i can quite happily munch my way through the whole 105 syns! Strange really & makes no real sense but i was the same when i did weight watchers a couple of years ago. I do use a few syns in the week, like tonight im having sweet chilli sauce on my salmon, but that'll be it. The thing i like about SW is you can tailor it to your own needs and if you listen to your body and watch what affects it then you'll get on with the plan fine. If i started STS every week or putting on weight (ARGH!) then i'd change my method, but whilst its working i think i wont fix what isnt broken! :)

exactly! thats why I like SW as opposed to other diets/plans.

Me and my friend are both on it and eat totally different food - always good to know its not samey type food and that you can pretty much make of it what you want!

Wow so many new people welcome to the gang :hug:

Sometimes you just need to jig with your syns, like Toni says she has them mostly at the weekend and it works for her, for others it doesn't, you do though need to use yours syns as it can slow your losses down if you don't, plus also if you plateau you won't have things to cut back on. I use mine on options hot chocolate between 2 and 3 syns per cup... muiller yoghurts, rice cakes stuff like that, lower fat options usually although I do love a chocolate fix from time to time. Also I'll use peas or sweetcorn in a meal that uses your syns up as well

In my head I cant 'let' myself eat 15 syns a day just because i can/should...yet of a weekend i can quite happily munch my way through the whole 105 syns! Strange really & makes no real sense but i was the same when i did weight watchers a couple of years ago. I do use a few syns in the week, like tonight im having sweet chilli sauce on my salmon, but that'll be it. The thing i like about SW is you can tailor it to your own needs and if you listen to your body and watch what affects it then you'll get on with the plan fine. If i started STS every week or putting on weight (ARGH!) then i'd change my method, but whilst its working i think i wont fix what isnt broken! :)

Hi tonnianne!
I'm exactly the same! I have only been back on sw a few days but lost a stone on it a couple of years ago and flexisyned all the way! The problem was when I then started using all my 15 a day on the weekdays but forgot to reign it back at the weekends!!
I guess the beauty of this plan is that it's flexible to lifestyle and the ways our body works...so we can have a play around and see what fits best!

Oh and currently sipping on a peppermint tea after lunch...I find it stops my afternoon biccie craving!!
Gx

Just wanted to ask a question even though I've been doing SW for a good few months now but how do we know when things are free ie I use the 20cals = 1 syn rule so if something is less than 20cals for the amount u use is it free?! This may sound like a daft question but just wanna be sure! X

I tend just to 1/2 the syn amount so 10 cal is 1/2 syn, anything under 10 I don't think is going to make a difference unles you are eating huge amounts of under 1/2 syn things all day....

Ahh yes didn't think it could be 1/2 syn silly me! Just had a moment there sorry haha! X

Does anyone else split their HE's? e.g. Today I've had some milk for my cuppa's and 2 laughing cow lights on ryvita's. I'm more satisfied that way but unsure if long term it will impact on my weight loss?

I'd agree with Li!

Am making a soup, was gonna do my normal of butternut squash and carrot. But I've got a sweet potato, if I use this, it would have to be green or ee day wouldn't it??

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Not such a good day for me to restart sw it's the anniversary of my dads death. although i got up with good intentions had my porridge which was a hex made with water and some fruit. drank lots of water had a mugshot and more fruit for lunch as wasn't that hungry and ive just sat down with a cup of coffee and 3 shortbread biscuits. i feel so ashamed of myself now after all the good intentions i had.maybe its best not to go fully back on plan until all the christmas goodies are gone:mad:

Does anyone else split their HE's? e.g. Today I've had some milk for my cuppa's and 2 laughing cow lights on ryvita's. I'm more satisfied that way but unsure if long term it will impact on my weight loss?

I always split my hex's. Often have 1 alpen bar and 1 slice of bread for hexb or as you said half cheese and half milk. Lost pretty much 4 stone last year so worked for me :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Back