DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi all - mind if I join?

Bit about me - I'm Kat, 28, married and I have 2 babies, my son was 2 in sept and my daughter is 6 months old.
Think I've tried every single diet going but started following SW roughly when I was pregnant with my daughter and it really helped me not to put on too much weight. I did really well after she was born and almost got to target but then christmas happened! Off the rails big time so now I'm back to square one! Have bought a 3 month online subscription but think I'm going to go it alone after that.
Weighed in this morning after my first week on plan and I've lost 1 1/2 lbs - very happy with that!
Would you say it's worth setting up a diary on here? Think it might help me stay on track but my paranoid side thinks no one will read it and it'll be just me wittering away to myself!
Anyway I've subscribed to this thread, looking forward to getting to know you all
Kat
X

Welcome Kat :)
Although its nice to have people read your diary it's also a good way to keep track of what you're eating & if you need to tweak anything you can see where. Well done on your loss :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi all - mind if I join?

Bit about me - I'm Kat, 28, married and I have 2 babies, my son was 2 in sept and my daughter is 6 months old.
Think I've tried every single diet going but started following SW roughly when I was pregnant with my daughter and it really helped me not to put on too much weight. I did really well after she was born and almost got to target but then christmas happened! Off the rails big time so now I'm back to square one! Have bought a 3 month online subscription but think I'm going to go it alone after that.
Weighed in this morning after my first week on plan and I've lost 1 1/2 lbs - very happy with that!
Would you say it's worth setting up a diary on here? Think it might help me stay on track but my paranoid side thinks no one will read it and it'll be just me wittering away to myself!
Anyway I've subscribed to this thread, looking forward to getting to know you all
Kat
X

Hi Kat welcome aboard

I witter away to myself all the time so don't worry about it but I know how you feel, I'm the same, just started my diary this week so we can be diary buddies if you like hug

6lb emma thats amazing

Toni 2lb down soon get that post christmas weight off then we can get on to the next target

I`m sure you`ll get to target by then Tonianne. Don`t think I`ll get to my 2.5st!!

When it comes to food diaries I write it down the old fashioned way!!
If I started one online I`d probably forget about it after a few days!:)

I`m sure you`ll get to target by then Tonianne. Don`t think I`ll get to my 2.5st!!

When it comes to food diaries I write it down the old fashioned way!!
If I started one online I`d probably forget about it after a few days!:)

That's just my mini target :) after my birthday I then want to lose another 14lbs by end of June! X

Well early WI for me 5 days instead of 7 as I want Saturday WI again and I've lost 3.5lb :eek::bliss:I've never lost that much before in one go, I know it'll probably go up again between now and next Sat, so I'm not going to stress about it only Saturdays count from now on.

Right determined to stay on track over the weekend now... No wine as I'm going for a week alcohol free so I have two days left on that so that keeps the munchies away

Off to try some bacon style quorn... doesn't look appealing but who knows ;)

Morning all. Back frying group with my new set of bibles. It was quite a nice group so I might go a couple of times just to help me stay on track. I weighed 12.5 at home this morning and they weighed me at 12.7 so it wasn't too bad. I need to see some massive losses now as I am so behind my target. Need to lose at least a stone and a half by the 9th of March or my ball gown won't for me. Fingers crossed. Got some LM mozzarella burgers today. Could someone remind me of their syn value please? X

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Welcome Kat :)
Although its nice to have people read your diary it's also a good way to keep track of what you're eating & if you need to tweak anything you can see where. Well done on your loss :)

Thanks tonianne and well done on your loss :)
Have you got a diary on here? If so I'll subscribe for some ideas :)
Yeah I think I will set one up, it'll help me stay on track x

Hello ladies can I join you?

Just decided to start SW this morning and will be starting on Monday when I've had the chance to brush up on what's needed and go shopping....

So, a bit about me - I'm 42, 5 foot 4 and weighing in at the moment at about 9 stone 13 by my dodgy scales. My weight doesn't really go up and down as such but has gradually crept on over the last 15 years or so by about a stone and a half. I never really got 'back to normal' after having my son in 2007. My friends think I'm slim and lucky and would be flabbergasted if they thought I was going on a diet. I've ordered the slimming world starter pack on ebay and want to get cracking but couldn't face joining a real life group. I did do slimming world about 12 years ago and it was successful (can't remember what I lost) and still have several recipe books from published in 2000 - can I still use the red / green / sin values in those books or are things too different now? I know that Extra Easy is relatively new but were sin values changed at this time too?

If I could lose a stone I would be absolutely delighted. We are going away in 11 weeks and so am targetting myself to lose a pound a week until then.

Oh the other thing - I gave up smoking 4 weeks ago and have put 2 pounds on since (no doubt a side effect of Christmas too) so want to do something positive before I really start putting weight on.

Any hints / tips particular things to look at you could suggest would be really helpful.

Thanks, look forward to getting to know you :)

hello newbies!! welcome!

Eee Fab losses girls, well done you guys are mega! :)

Anyone who does SW online do you have access to the new M&S fuller for longer syn values? Just wondering as I went in yesterday and some of the meals looked really good acutally! If they are relatively low was going to get a couple for lunches next week as I'm back at uni and the food there is crap!

The recipe books from 2000 should be ok as a base I would have thought, just be careful as syn values change, theres absolutely loads of recipe threads on here which are good for current syn values, plus a site called slimming eats that has some fab recipe ideas. I usually just get nice things from BBC good food and adapt them to make them SW friendly. But to be honest most of it is common sense cooking.

Not sure who asked but LM burgers are 4 syns on all plans.

Merry saturday everyone, I'm trying to research an essay but somehow now watching the best exotic marigold hotel, haha! Am I 28 or 68! jeeze! Love films like this. :) Going to see the Hobbit later, so excited!! woop. xxx

@ Charl..just had a look and all the feel fuller longer meals are quite high- anything between 8 and 15 syns!! Don't know if that helps :) xx

Hi all - mind if I join?

Kat
X

Hi there & well done on keepin w8 down thru pregnancy, nvr went thru it myself but plenty friends have so no the struggle. I 2 got 3 month subscription then goin alone. I have a diary & it is gd 2 have somewhere 2 vent, felt the exact same bout no1 readin but its amazin wot a small comment can help u with - even 1. Give it a try & c how u feel x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Ah rubbish! I thought they'd be reasonably low as they're all really low cal wise. Boo!

Yep grannie 4 SYNS each. X

Well I had downloaded the plan off the internet from 2007 and I've lost almost 10lbs (5 of which are not recordedas I lost that just before I started officially weighing myself). So as far as I am concerned if it worked in 2007 it still works now even with the slight changes in recipes etc for food products. I'm very happy with what I've lost so I'm going to keep using what I have at the moment.

I say start with what you have and if you aren't losing anything then you know you need an upgrade in material, but like I said, if it worked then why wouldn't it work now?

Back