DOING SW FROM HOME???

You just need to watch if you substitute other brands. I think asda ones were only 3 for a hex
I love my ryvita hexs theyre lovely with bacon lettuce and toms on them
Arghh last nights naughtiness cost me 75 syns! Wont be doing that again in a hurry no more rebelling. Question do i cut down my syns for the week or just start again and draw a line under it ive never flexisynned before and wont again as u obviously cant be trusted to stay within my set boundary

I really need to watch my syns at the weekend, i flexisyn but know i always go way overboard on a weekend. Depends what you feel happier doing, maybe cut down your syns if its not going to make you feel like you're missing out.

Looks lovely. Could we have the recipe please.

Hi Rosielea

Recipe as requested

Tamatar Murghi Chicken (Indian Tomato Chicken)

This says it serves 6 but it preparing it for just 1 or 2 use all the ingredients for the sauce and cut back on the meat. Halving the spices does not give you the full flavour – we had tried this and it tasted weak in comparison using the quantities given.

Serves: 6
· 1 large onion, quartered
· 4 cloves garlic
· 1 slice fresh root ginger
· 1 tablespoon olive oil (6syns or HExB)
· 1 dessertspoon ground cumin
· 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
· 1 cinnamon stick, broken
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
· 2 bay leaves
· 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
· 6 skinless chicken thighs (I use chicken or turkey breasts – would also be lovely with beef)
· 1 (400g) tin peeled plum tomatoes, crushed
·
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 6-8hrs on low
Place onion, garlic and ginger in a food processor (or use hand blender) and process into a paste. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add onion paste and sauté, stirring continuously, for about 10 minutes.

Stir in the cumin, turmeric, salt, pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves and nutmeg. Sauté, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes. Place chicken pieces in frying pan and stir them around with the spice mixture until they are well coated.

Sauté for another 4 minutes, then pour in the tomatoes with liquid and stir. When all spice is mixed transfer to Slow Cooker and cook on low for 6-8hrs.
Remove cinnamon stick and bay leaves before serving.

With nothing else to do with my time, I`m making home made soft cheese! It`s my first attempt and will take about 12 hours. I`ll let everyone know how I get on.

There`s a thread on the Slimming World Recipes section titled "Almost syn-free home made soft cheese" Apparently it comes out a bit like philli or boursin.

Can`t wait to see how it turns out!! :D

I'm cooking too :) Campfire stew for tonight's dinner. It's from an old SW mag and is a family favourite in our house. It's also dirt cheap so great for January when were all out of cash :) I hope the cheese turns out ok Grannie. Ruth x

Hi everyone, I remember someone put on (last week I think!) that they were having red pepper hummus and that it was free and superfree, can't remember who put it on and I can't find the post now! But I was wondering if I could have the recipe please? I love hummus especially red pepper :D

Hi Rosielea

Recipe as requested

Tamatar Murghi Chicken (Indian Tomato Chicken)

This says it serves 6 but it preparing it for just 1 or 2 use all the ingredients for the sauce and cut back on the meat. Halving the spices does not give you the full flavour – we had tried this and it tasted weak in comparison using the quantities given.

Serves: 6
· 1 large onion, quartered
· 4 cloves garlic
· 1 slice fresh root ginger
· 1 tablespoon olive oil (6syns or HExB)
· 1 dessertspoon ground cumin
· 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
· 1 cinnamon stick, broken
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
· 2 bay leaves
· 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
· 6 skinless chicken thighs (I use chicken or turkey breasts – would also be lovely with beef)
· 1 (400g) tin peeled plum tomatoes, crushed
·
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 6-8hrs on low
Place onion, garlic and ginger in a food processor (or use hand blender) and process into a paste. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add onion paste and sauté, stirring continuously, for about 10 minutes.

Stir in the cumin, turmeric, salt, pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves and nutmeg. Sauté, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes. Place chicken pieces in frying pan and stir them around with the spice mixture until they are well coated.

Sauté for another 4 minutes, then pour in the tomatoes with liquid and stir. When all spice is mixed transfer to Slow Cooker and cook on low for 6-8hrs.
Remove cinnamon stick and bay leaves before serving.

Oooh sounds lovely I'm going to try this when I cn get out to get some chicken and some mince

Yes let us know about the cheese I'm going to make that at some point

Veggie sausage and mash for me for dinner tonight didn't fancy a salad today so having a green day

Back hurts today from the sledging I did yesterday I should know better than hurtle down hills on a kids sledge ;)

Hi everyone, I remember someone put on (last week I think!) that they were having red pepper hummus and that it was free and superfree, can't remember who put it on and I can't find the post now! But I was wondering if I could have the recipe please? I love hummus especially red pepper :D

I agree who wrote this! It sounds yummmm and free too?! I need that recipe! Haha!

First WI shows 7.75 pound lost :eek: - I can't take all the credit though - haven't kept food down since Friday night, but I followed the plan 100% up til then! :)

With nothing else to do with my time, I`m making home made soft cheese! It`s my first attempt and will take about 12 hours. I`ll let everyone know how I get on.

There`s a thread on the Slimming World Recipes section titled "Almost syn-free home made soft cheese" Apparently it comes out a bit like philli or boursin.

Can`t wait to see how it turns out!! :D

I've tried it. mine came out really good. Go easy on the garlic if adding by the time its ready the flavour is really concentrated. Hope it works for you.

First WI shows 7.75 pound lost :eek: - I can't take all the credit though - haven't kept food down since Friday night, but I followed the plan 100% up til then! :)

That's wonderful!! Well done you ;-)

I did my WI this morning and just about managed to scrape a lb off :-( with only a lb off last week too i'm obviously not doing something right tho i've been so good. Sigh x

That's wonderful!! Well done you ;-)

I did my WI this morning and just about managed to scrape a lb off :-( with only a lb off last week too i'm obviously not doing something right tho i've been so good. Sigh x

Thanks!

I wouldn't have had such a big loss if it wasn't for this bug, I'll probably put a bit back on when my body gets used to food again :-(

Don't get yourself down - a loss is still a loss, no matter how big! Plus it's healthier to aim for a 1-2 pound loss a week and a pound a week is nearly 4 stone in a year!

Thanks!

I wouldn't have had such a big loss if it wasn't for this bug, I'll probably put a bit back on when my body gets used to food again :-(

Don't get yourself down - a loss is still a loss, no matter how big! Plus it's healthier to aim for a 1-2 pound loss a week and a pound a week is nearly 4 stone in a year!

Thank you hun x

I've just done a naughty thing :-( I felt so peed off i just ate a whole packet of rum truffles :-( Going to draw a huge line under that little episode ( cough ) and move on!

Thank you hun x

I've just done a naughty thing :-( I felt so peed off i just ate a whole packet of rum truffles :-( Going to draw a huge line under that little episode ( cough ) and move on!

These things happen - I'm a comfort eater too and I've had to hide the rest of the Christmas chocolate away from myself to stop myself from scoffing the lot!

As you said, draw a line and move on - this week will be a better one :)

Well my weigh in this morning (2nd week) showed a 3lb loss so that's not bad at all!! So with my 2lb last week that's 5lb in 2 weeks. I'm happy enough with that!

Went to town today with my sis and we went for lunch - it was my first time eating out since starting SW so I really didn't know what to get! I settled on tomato and basil soup but I had 2 think slices of homemade brown bread with it??

It Tilly who makes her own hummus, I've made it before but can't remember what I did. I think just blitz chickpeas, lemon, garlic, salt and pepper.. If u wanted to make it red pepper hummus I guess you'd just roast some peppers then remove skin and add them?

The WW brown Danish isn't a hexB anymore, none of the WW bread is, I guess they changed the recipe or something.

Having a good food day, haven't had time for lunch tho so quite hungry now, making SW cheese and bacon burgers tonight, what an awesome diet! Haha! X

Mangajude said:
I am re-starting SW online, I tried the group just before I got pregnant with my daughter and found the group leader not that helpful, I tried again after I had her but this time online (shed the baby weight), did really well lost 2 stone, now back on it as I have just had my second child, again to shed the baby bulge, I feel realy optamistic and I very much don't feel the pull to go to a group with 2 small children!''

-yes im in the same boat! On sw before my first child and I lost 2 stone, on sw after I had him and lost another 2 stone now I'm back on it after my second baby! The first day and I feel great :) im going to a group in the evenings, dad can have the kids and I can have a little 'me' time! X

Back