DOING SW FROM HOME???

just started....friend weighing me at work wednesday mornings so 1st test will be weds...fingers and toes crossed
been really trying to be good,but one question..... is it better to use all your syn s daily? so far i have been averaging
8-10, maybe less?

Personally i think using your syns is good because you dont feel like your depriving yourself and less likely to give up. i tend to average 8-10 like yourself tbh as i think most people do. Stops me from wanting to bit someone's sadwich if they stay still too long lol

Yeah I have a diary, I've had one for a long while. I feel like Im eating so well but obviously not! I know the nurse on tuesday is going to say that its not the implant that is making me not lose weight but cant think what else it could be. Its different for different people. Im just spending all this money on gym, workout dvds, buying lots of fruit and veg (which is expensive when im a student) and i feel like its all for what? Just feel like giving up, I wont but its so annoying!

Hi how much exercise are you doing? Did yu measure yourself before hand. You may be toning up and so not losing any weight? Have you got something that was a wee bit too tight that you can ty on? Only thing that I can think of especially wehn you have done it before and it has worked.

Chin up x

Ooh looks good Li! A proper SW feast :)

Still feeling really down and tearful and have just tried to have some kind of dinner - smoked salmon, pickled onions, gherkins and a potato salad I made with FF greek yoghurt, but apppetite has gone and I only ate a few bites and threw the rest in the bin :( Wasn't much of a EE dinner anyway, but it was that or my sisters leftover Chinese :\ WI tomorrow morning and I expect nothing good with the way my body is behaving! I know it's just warped thinking atm, but I feel fatter than I've ever been :( Mainly bloat, I think, but either way I feel disgusting :(

In bed now, going to watch some Game of Thrones to take my mind off of things and hopefully cheer up a bit! x

I'm the same :-( always forgetting to drink, but i remember yrs ago bumping into an old friend, she had lost loads of weight and looked amazing when i asked her secret she said i drink lots of water!

When i was at Asda i saw some teas that are supposed to help with slimming. The ones i got were by Dr Stuart, i got a slimming one and a detox one. Had a slimming one last night and enjoyed it as it had fennel in and i love fennel. I figured not only will it help me to drink more but hopefully the herbs in them may give things a kick start too ;-)

Pukka teas are lovely - lots of flavours & they have cleanse and detox ones. I use the night time tea, 3 ginger in the morning lunch & dinner I have After Dinner Tea and liquorice & cinnamon :)

Well just nearly had a major blow out...
Had a good day today and mum said someone was coming to measure up the kitchen and run through some ideas for a new kitchen...I was starving so she made me a toastie (Within HexB and syn allowance!) Then me and my brother are sitting here stomachs rumbling and we suggest getting a pizza delivered! Decided to leave it but really really fancy pizza and cant go in the kitchen to make something SW friendly...the man has been here for 3 hours and I dont know when he's leaving!!! Grrr!!!! x

Chin up Laura pet, drink lots of water and it'll get rid of your bloat :) you're doing great and you've already lost loads, don't beat yourself up :)

I can't wait for new game of thrones yey!

On a sad note, my puppy just ate my shoe :( I love those boots as well. Bloody little swine! X

Ah, hub just brought me a drink of whiskey, water, lemon and tsp syrup (no honey in cupboard) to make me feel better! Had to quiz him on ingredients, I recon 3.5 syns... But was v nice bless him :) still feel like poo... So sleep soon x

Still feeling really down and tearful and have just tried to have some kind of dinner - smoked salmon, pickled onions, gherkins and a potato salad I made with FF greek yoghurt, but apppetite has gone and I only ate a few bites and threw the rest in the bin :( Wasn't much of a EE dinner anyway, but it was that or my sisters leftover Chinese :\ WI tomorrow morning and I expect nothing good with the way my body is behaving! I know it's just warped thinking atm, but I feel fatter than I've ever been :( Mainly bloat, I think, but either way I feel disgusting :(

In bed now, going to watch some Game of Thrones to take my mind off of things and hopefully cheer up a bit! x

Be strong Laura, you are super upbeat fabulous inspiration on here :) you can do it xx

Ah Laura sorry to hear you are upset. Get a good night's rest and think positive thoughts. As Charl said drink some water and perhaps try Lemon & hotwater. If you do not have Lemon just drink a mug f hotwater. It will relax and settle your tummy and bloating will go by morning. Big hug.

Pukka teas are lovely - lots of flavours & they have cleanse and detox ones. I use the night time tea, 3 ginger in the morning lunch & dinner I have After Dinner Tea and liquorice & cinnamon :)

Thank you.....i love liquorice :)

Awww hun, i'm sorry you're feeling so down :-( Tomorrow is another day so try get some sleep and hopefully you'll wake up feeling refreshed. Big hugs to you xxx

Back again after watching the great british bake off (comic relief) and silent witness. I know the two don`t really go togther. Hubby wants to know why i always watch cooking shows when i never try the recipes. Combination of watching experts make things i can`t, with comic relief hoping that some were worse than me! I wasn`t disappointed! Claudia Winkleman`s lemon meringue looked like it had been hit by a car! :) All of which has nothing to do with silent witness!

Had defrosted some ex lean mince intending to make a cottage pie, but couldn`t be bothered. So I`ve done some home made burgers for tomorrow. They`re in the fridge now. I find that leaving them in the fridge means their less likely to fall apart when i cook them. Not so long ago i`d never have made my own burgers, just reached for the frozen ones. I hope i can keep going with all this planning and making my own stuff. I tend to give up when disheartened. Also after being married for over 30 years i got into a bit of a rut with my cooking.

Got wi tomorrow - fingers crossed!

Omg I want to cry :(

This is the first week where I haven't stepped in the scales at all all week, I've tracked absolutely everything I've eaten and drunk (used to have 1 night 'off' per week), I've exercised regularly, made an effort to use 5-10 syns per day.
And the result is - 0.2lbs off :(
How disheartening! I've been really tired and stressed this week so that probably hasn't helped but still :(
I have lost better on weeks where I've had a treat night, had alcohol or gone out.
I feel like I just don't know how to make this plan work best for me. I'm not going to give up as I know this plan works but I'm fed up :(
Think I might count syns weekly then use whatever's left on a fri after weigh in for a treat.
X

This is the first week where I haven't stepped in the scales at all all week, I've tracked absolutely everything I've eaten and drunk (used to have 1 night 'off' per week), I've exercised regularly, made an effort to use 5-10 syns per day.
How disheartening! I've been really tired and stressed this week so that probably hasn't helped but still :(
I have lost better on weeks where I've had a treat night, had alcohol or gone out.
I feel like I just don't know how to make this plan work best for me. I'm not going to give up as I know this plan works but I'm fed up :(
Think I might count syns weekly then use whatever's left on a fri after weigh in for a treat.
X

Is your exercise new hun? If so, your body is probably holding onto water to repair your muscles, hence the slow loss. Drink some hot water and lemon or generally drinks lots of fluids and see if it makes a difference. I started running last year and got very down when the scales didn't move, took a few weeks for my body to adjust then had some big losses. Keep going hun, it'll work! You could alter the plans a bit too, body likes a bit of a change :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Morning all, blimey lots of posts to catch up on. Can't remember who said what now lol

Laura, I hope you're feeling better hun, big big hugs. You're beautiful inside and definitely out, I often see your pics on fb and wonder why you're on a diet! I know it's a personal journey for everyone tho, but chin up and don't let stupid bloat get you down, get on those lemons!!

Well, official wi is a 2lb loss so very happy with that with 5 days on plan. Just 3.5lbs to target, taking sooo long to get there ha!

Hope the scales are good for you charl! :)))

Well done Jen :) I am hoping for the same loss as you tomorrow which will take me to pre Xmas weight - one can only hope!

Laura you're one of my biggest inspirations on here. Chin up lovely, you've done amazingly well and remember that we're all entitled to have days when we feel down.

Talking of Facebook, if anyone is on there and wants to add me my name is Toni-Anne Mitchell and my pic is of me with 'dryathlete' underneath :) all welcome to hear my ramblings!

I also have a food diary on here which is called 'Food Diary - Keeping Me On Track :)'

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

X

The thing with SW is it works differently for each person. My personal experience last year for the 12/13 weeks I did it before Xmas was that I stayed on plan Monday to Friday, had hardly any syns in the week, and then let myself have the weekend off plan. I wouldn't say I went mad of a weekend because I was conscious of what I was eating but I definitely didn't think about syns or whether I could eat it or not. Now I'm not saying this works for others because some of the ladies on here have to follow it all week but this is what worked for me. This is my first week back on plan and I'm going to try and use my syns a bit more through the week to see if that helps/hinders me. Basically what I'm trying to say is a lot of the time because its a lifestyle change not a diet it's a lot of trial and error. It takes time and you've got to listen to your body.
Don't give up though because it will work for you :) x

Well done Jen :) I am hoping for the same loss as you tomorrow which will take me to pre Xmas weight - one can only hope!

Laura you're one of my biggest inspirations on here. Chin up lovely, you've done amazingly well and remember that we're all entitled to have days when we feel down.

Talking of Facebook, if anyone is on there and wants to add me my name is Toni-Anne Mitchell and my pic is of me with 'dryathlete' underneath :) all welcome to hear my ramblings!

I also have a food diary on here which is called 'Food Diary - Keeping Me On Track :)'

Friend request done! :))

Back