DOING SW FROM HOME???

2.5 off this week and that takes me into the 11's, Yeah!!!!!!!! I'm really happy as I've had 2 bad syn days and still lost. Its also given me a boost of confidence to be getting closer to my target of 10,10. Hope you other Friday girls are having a good result too :) Ruth x

Couldn't agree more with Toni-anne, sw isn't a short fix diet (even tho that does work!), it really is all about a lifestyle change. I know lots stay to the plan 100% and don't split hex's or tweaks etc but it really is all about finding a place where you're happy and learning how your body reacts to certain food. I do think this way you're more likely to stick to it and keep the weight off. I do yo yo with being on/off plan but in a year now I've not put the weight back on, so I will carrying on tweaking in my own little way to make sure I continue to loose/sts :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

2.5 off this week and that takes me into the 11's, Yeah!!!!!!!! I'm really happy as I've had 2 bad syn days and still lost. Its also given me a boost of confidence to be getting closer to my target of 10,10. Hope you other Friday girls are having a good result too :) Ruth x

Well done you! It's great when you get in a the next stone bracket! I can't wait to see a 10 something on the scales lol

Morning all. My son and I made our own chicken nuggets using smash last night. Both boys have now said they don't want to eat frozen ones again they were so tasty. Will post in my diary later. Hope you all have wonderful day and stay focused x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Jen, Laura and Tonianne I love reading your posts. You are all slimming world stars and you give the rest of us so much support and lots of inspiring tips and advice. You may not realise it but you help to keep me (and I'm sure others too) on track. Just want to say thank you for sharing and whether your having a good day or bad, you are all fab! Ruth x

Laura my little nando's queen! Do you know how many syns the marinades are that you buy in shops?

Random question but where can I find smash in supermarkets? Not bought any for about 15 years lol often try to find it but never can! Is it with soups, pastas, pasta n sauce?? Where do they live?! Want to try crispy pork as Rosie suggested.

Also, even more of a ridiculous question but can you believe I've never tried sw chips! Do you cut chips from a potato, boil, then on baking tray, spray with frylight and bake??

Thank you, am chatty this morning, well to meself lol wake up everyone!!!

Jen, Laura and Tonianne I love reading your posts. You are all slimming world stars and you give the rest of us so much support and lots of inspiring tips and advice. You may not realise it but you help to keep me (and I'm sure others too) on track. Just want to say thank you for sharing and whether your having a good day or bad, you are all fab! Ruth x

Arrrr, thanks love!! Soooo lovely to hear that my journey is also helping others! I truly believe that if you're determined enough, you WILL reach your goal. I also couldn't have done it without minimins, well this thread! Sounds sucky but it's true :))

Totally agree :)x

Aw thanks, to be honest if it wasnt for Jen, Laura and Charl I wouldn't have been able to lose the amount I have so far! I only started on 24th sept 2012 and these ladies have really helped me through it all.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Laura my little nando's queen! Do you know how many syns the marinades are that you buy in shops?

Random question but where can I find smash in supermarkets? Not bought any for about 15 years lol often try to find it but never can! Is it with soups, pastas, pasta n sauce?? Where do they live?! Want to try crispy pork as Rosie suggested.

Also, even more of a ridiculous question but can you believe I've never tried sw chips! Do you cut chips from a potato, boil, then on baking tray, spray with frylight and bake??

Jen I find smash in Adsa under the cous cous and lentils etc, its right on the bottom shelf so took me a while to find it too :)

You have got the chips right, give them some seasoning after you have sprayed with fry light to make them a bit tastier x

Well Done on all the losses brilliant!!

Mrs_T_84 - same as what the girls have said excercise changes everything! You'll notice your physically fitter and will start to tone up but may not necessarily drop weight on the scales. It'll happen just carry it on! I got my biggest losses when I didn't use my syns through the week and enjoyed my weekend! I had Dominos and Pizza Hut some weeks and still lost! Now as Toni-Anne said this doesn't work for everyone but if your like me and see this as a change of lifestyle and not just a diet then you'll want to find something that works for you personally! Good Luck you'll get there x

Morning Jen,

The smash might be near tinned stuff like veg..? (I bought it once a couple of months a go, but spent about 20 mins wandering sains til I found it!

Sw chips - you got it! Well, that's how I make mine anyway- nice hot oven and you can always add s&p or other herbs and spices to change the flavour, or make wedges etc. I did sw back in 2005, and though I've not been consistently on plan since I had my children - these chips are the only way mt kids know chips at home!@

Well done on loss xx

I cut a potato, boil them for about 5-7 mins and then spray with frylight and put in the oven until they brown :)

Smash in Sainsbury's, albeit the small one, was with the jars of sauce etc x

Thanks Jen and Tonianne,

I completely agree. I've got about 7-10 lbs left to lose and I really don't want a quick fix as I love sw and feel like it's sensible eating rather than a diet.
It's just bad timing for me as I've been feeling really low and stressed this week and I was so proud of myself for sticking to plan and exercising despite how I've been feeling.
Been having a hot water and lemon every morning and trying to drink more water.
It could be the exercise as I've had time off over Xmas and stuff.
Just going to keep at it, the weight WILL come off!
I've got a food diary - 'Kat's SW EE diary' if anyone wants I have a look
X

Well Done on all the losses brilliant!!

Mrs_T_84 - same as what the girls have said excercise changes everything! You'll notice your physically fitter and will start to tone up but may not necessarily drop weight on the scales. It'll happen just carry it on! I got my biggest losses when I didn't use my syns through the week and enjoyed my weekend! I had Dominos and Pizza Hut some weeks and still lost! Now as Toni-Anne said this doesn't work for everyone but if your like me and see this as a change of lifestyle and not just a diet then you'll want to find something that works for you personally! Good Luck you'll get there x

Thanks Tilly,
I'm finding it hard not to over think it! I need to just chill out a bit I think, follow the plan, exercise and the weight will come off eventually!
X

Aw thanks, to be honest if it wasnt for Jen, Laura and Charl I wouldn't have been able to lose the amount I have so far! I only started on 24th sept 2012 and these ladies have really helped me through it all.

Ok, gonna get emotional now!! :))))

Morning all. My son and I made our own chicken nuggets using smash last night. Both boys have now said they don't want to eat frozen ones again they were so tasty. Will post in my diary later. Hope you all have wonderful day and stay focused x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

What's your food diary called, can't find it? :)

Awww thanks Toni! That's so nice :)

When the scales show a 2lb loss, which is really good for me doing EE, although I am a little erm bunged up shall we say and really could have lost a little more! May check again tomorrow morning when I don't have to get up and rush out the house!

Someone said (I'm sorry I couldn't remember who.. So many posts!) they dissapointed with a small loss, you said you were having between 5-10 SYNS a day, honestly bump them up to 15, it really helps, I still have my 15 and haven't needed to cut them back yet, and it really does make the plan work better :) xx

Morning everyone - well done on your losses ladies :) Mrs T - I know how you feel, I get disheartened by tiny losses when so much effort goes into planning, cooking, counting and exercise, sometimes I just feel like whats the point. Great that you are sticking with it, i've never been anywhere near a target but I heard people in group when I was there last year saying that the closer you get the slower the losses. I'm not sure if that is true for everyone. Good luck with the last 7 or so lbs x

Aww guys! See this is why I come and post on here even when I feel like utter crap and even when it is just to rant haha! You always know the right things to say :) Was really touched by everyone's comments so THANK YOU! You've definitely managed to raise my mood :) Not sure about agreeing about being an inspiration though haha - I just come on here and moan about being off plan most of the time haha!

Ah Charl, I'm reading the Song of Ice and Fire books at the moment (the books A Game of Thrones was built on) and have just finished the second book, so watching the second series :) The first series was a LOT closer to the reality of the book, but the second one not so much so I'm not as impressed, but it's still an amazing series regardless! If you've only watched the programme I definitely recommend the books - if you've got time between uni, kids and cooking haha!

Jen, Nando's queen of course has the answers! All the marinades are 1 syn per tbsp apart from the sweet chilli, medium and extra hot which are 1.5 syns per tbsp :) Can't remember if you asked for them or the sauces so the sauces are 0.5 syns per tbsp apart from the BBQ and the sweet chilli which are 1 syn per tbsp :D and they're all delicious!

Anyway - on to the important news! ;D WI this morning and I lost... 5lbs! All that worrying was for nothing and I'm back at 11st :) Well actually, it looked a tiny but under 11, but I'm not jinxing it with half pounds etc haha! Very happy with that :D

Back