DOING SW FROM HOME???

Burger Dinner.jpg

Burger turned out lovely - thanks everyone for your quick advice! Had it with loads of salad and some wedges, yum! :D Defo making again, especially as mum said she was going to buy loads of mince and get me to make everyone one! (There are 7 of us haha!)

Carrot cake muffins in the oven atm (1.5 syn each) so off to get them out, watch casualty then ice them! :D

Aww thanks Jen, haven't been partying since Thailand so it's gonna be nice to be out! Xx

Defo agree with what Jen said! Have a great time and don't think about syns :p x

I need a recipe for sw tikka masala I think!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins
hi, got mine from **************************.com, i used chicken instead of beef and it's syn free and very lovely. made double to freeze half!!!!

Defo agree with what Jen said! Have a great time and don't think about syns :p x

I'll second/third that! Have a lovely time chuck. :)

Does anyone know if Asda easy to cook brown rice is free on green? Just made a lovely quorn chilli but i've used all my hexes and syns for the day so hope it's free! Thanks

Yeh we've gotta take jackie on big time! Haha I had fish fingers for dinner! With just baked beans no chips like my mum lol I had about 5 though and a miller light yoghurt for pud :) i need some ideas for puddings coz I'm so weak when it comes to that! If anyone has any ideas help! Keep it up, you can do it xx

Shame you don't like the rice pudding. I am going to try to make the maltesers ice cream tomorrow. Will let you know how I get on. Have written down a few pudding recipes today. Will have to go through them with you. 5 fish fingers is 10 syns so that's ok x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Last edited:
Time for my hot chocolate. Going for Caribbean Coconut tonight. Then off to bed. Night all, sleep well x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Hi all, 3rd time on slimming world now. Always had losses, always managed to keep the majority off but find it very hard to stay motivated once i have been doing it 3 month. Luckily im only in week 1 haha.

I have always done this at home as im terrified of getting on the scales in front of ppl although that fear is defo getting less now im in the 16s.i really wanna get into the 15s asap. I have a holiday where im going to have to buy swimwear for the first time in about 10 years and it would be great if i could feel more confident. I also have 2 weddings to attend where the guests will remark on how tragic it is that my boyfriend hasnt proposed yet.... So i would like to look mint so that regardless of my marital status i dont feel disgusting.

Welcome to the group pink :) the ladies on here are all so supportive and full of great advice and knowledge. I'm into my 4th week doing SW from home and can honestly say I'm feeling more supported than 3 months where I went to a group.

Thats what im hoping plus i work long hours so always felt it easier to go it alone. Really enjoy the support on here. Much easier to tell you lot all my concerns rather than my friends because i have sooo little confidence. No one knows how much i weigh or my dress size and i want to keep it that way till i get to a size im happy with...then i can tell them

Welcome Pink :)

Afternoon, ladies! Went to the cinema this morning to see Wreck it Ralph for free (preview tickets) and it was great! I took a bottle of water and some grapes in with me and didn't stray at all, which is a first for me and the cinema! Was really good and I enjoyed it :)

Back home for a bit now, making a stuffed chicken breast (stuffed with a tiny bit of quark mixed with about a 1/3 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce) wrapped in bacon, crispy potatoes (SW style) and some veggies when I get round to boiling them! :) Feeling quite good about everything today, yay! Today's next challenge will be at the coffee shop later - I'm going to meet some people for a book club type thing, so will allow myself a coffee or two with milk (haven't used my HexA yet) but will try and stay away from all the cakes and treats! x

ok guys looking for a bit of insight/help possibly. I gained over the last two weeks and assumed it was *week and today I was felling not so thin as I did a few weeks ago so I weighed myself (bad me tuesday WI) and have gained almost 3lbs since Tuesday. I've been following the plan 100% and not sure what to make of it other than I remember reading in the last few days someone saying if they ate bananas they didn't lose and if someone's mum ate strawberries the same thing.

I'm wondering if that is my problem and have possibly narrowed it down to two things, but I am hoping someone else can take a look at my diary as the first week I lost and then everything from there has basically gone up. So something has changed between week 1 and the rest, and I would like to figure it out before I get ticked off and eat cake. I'm now heavier then when I began and I could have done that by having cake etc rather than all good things.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I weight and measure everything

My diary : http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/301924-2013-will-lucky-year-me.html

ok guys looking for a bit of insight/help possibly. I gained over the last two weeks and assumed it was *week and today I was felling not so thin as I did a few weeks ago so I weighed myself (bad me tuesday WI) and have gained almost 3lbs since Tuesday. I've been following the plan 100% and not sure what to make of it other than I remember reading in the last few days someone saying if they ate bananas they didn't lose and if someone's mum ate strawberries the same thing.

I'm wondering if that is my problem and have possibly narrowed it down to two things, but I am hoping someone else can take a look at my diary as the first week I lost and then everything from there has basically gone up. So something has changed between week 1 and the rest, and I would like to figure it out before I get ticked off and eat cake. I'm now heavier then when I began and I could have done that by having cake etc rather than all good things.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I weight and measure everything

My diary : http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/301924-2013-will-lucky-year-me.html

I don't attend classes now but i did years ago and one of the things that always sticks in my mind is the consultant saying to be wary of bananas and bread. She always put on weight if she ate a lot of bread in the week and other people definitely noticed a link with bananas, not sure about strawberries tho. Hope this helps a bit ;-)

Welcome Pink, i'm sure you'll be happy here, the ladies are lovely :)

Laura, great news to hear you're having such a positive day! Well done love, :) Keep up the good work x

Can i just say thank you so much to you ladies for suggesting i make my cereals go further by eating it with yoghurt and fruit. The past 2 days i've decided to use up both my hex B's on cereal so i get a decent portion in one bowl and i've had Kelloggs all bran chocolate crunch, yesterday with natural fat free yoghurt and blueberries and today with a vanilla muller light yoghurt and mango and it's delicious! So thank you girlies :) xx

Tried for a nice healthy family walk earlier but typically it started to rain and even though it was only a shower the moaning of an 8 year old forced us back home. Will try and do a bit of wii dance later...only thing i can get away with while children are still up as they can join in.

thanks for that, I did have bananas over the last two weeks probably more so this past week.

I did happen to read the thread started by Mrswilsoncroft about basically fudging up things during the week which wouldn't help with weight loss. One thing I have been doing off her list is using low fat yoghurt like it was non fat! How did that pass my brain? I've eaten 4.5kg over the last 2 weeks so I'm guessing that is most of the problem.
Honestly how did that happen? Where was I?

Can anyone check the syn value on sainbos low fat natural yoghurt, and one other thing I am interested in if someone is on the calculator is sainsbos low fat cottage cheese (be good to yourself). Wondering if that is syn free or points before I go out and buy two big tubs cause I can't get enough of it.

BGTY natural cottage cheese / cottage cheese with onion and chive - free on all plans
cottage cheese with pineapple 0.5 syns per 100g on all plans
Can't find Sains natural yoghurt but think most are 1 syn per 100g

Thank you so much for that. To be honest I'd rather have cottage cheese then low fat yoghurt anyways. I'm stocking up on the cheap yoghurt deals (muller greek yoghurt, half syn each won't forget that one) at the moment to keep me going for a while.

Is there any syn free yoghurt other than muller etc? I know there is a thread in the syns section, but it will take me ages to sift through. Anyone know off the top of your heads?

On the way back from 'extreme weather Wales'!! Brilliant weekend and I'm very proud of myself :)
There were 29 of us and the food was catered by us en mass! I took a couple of special k bars and four free Muller lights, and a load of Clementines. Have basically stuck 100% to plan bar booze and Saturday nights dinner - I felt totally in control and I chose what to be flexible with, there was a time I would have forgotten plan for the whole weekend (cakes, biscuits and crisps I would have scoffed, and I didn't!).

Saturday dinner we were split into teams and given a box of food to prepare towards buffet dinner, excellent fun and there was a kind of Come Dine With Me scoring on food and presentation at the end and our team one, thanks to our clever use of a teapot to display cocktail sausages, and my pesto and cheese puff pastry twists!

So though know I've already used at least my weeks syns already, I know I've not been as bad as I could have been :) phew!
Sts would be nice on wed, but don't mind too much whatever :)
Loux

Back