DOING SW FROM HOME???

Welcome Martz! You`ll find us a friendly helpful bunch!

I find that I`ve had more support here than at group. Suppose it`s cos minimins is 24/7 whereas group is only once a week and you
don`t get much time to have your say!

Welcome Martz!! Sure you'll find this forum super useful :)

I'm having a mega mug of hw and lemon juice - figure its a good start to rectifying my flexi weekend :)

Thinking of doing Original tomorrow and Tuesday for a bit of a change to EE... Just been reading the latest sw mag which I treated myself to and its got me super inspired!!

Laura your pie looks delcious. Going to make it soon. Thanks for te recipe.

Thanks! Glad you like the look of it - let me know what you think when you try it :) x

Hi everyone,

First time trying SW, doing it from home as dont have time for classes. Really hoping this works for me as I feel like im stuck in a rut at the moment. Hoping the online part isnt too difficult and keeps me on track. I feel nervous even talking about my weight but hopefully this is the first step in the right direction. Ive put on 2 stone in the past year and i really want to shift it and more and get my confidence back. Anyway, just thought I would introduce myself :)

A xx

Hi everyone,

First time trying SW, doing it from home as dont have time for classes. Really hoping this works for me as I feel like im stuck in a rut at the moment. Hoping the online part isnt too difficult and keeps me on track. I feel nervous even talking about my weight but hopefully this is the first step in the right direction. Ive put on 2 stone in the past year and i really want to shift it and more and get my confidence back. Anyway, just thought I would introduce myself :)

A xx

Nene88 me too, we can do it together!!!

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm really enjoying SW so far. I can't get over how much you can eat and how quickly my brain has converted to the SW way lol. I actually look forward to meal times now......although I'm only human n do miss my sweet treats. I tend to save my syns for a kit Kat n options hot choc in the evenings! :)

Everyone seems so friendly here and have had some great recipe ideas. Between this forum and the SW magazines.....I CAN DO THIS!!

Great attitude .... I'm finding this forum amazing for support, ideas and generally good browsing when the football is on :D had my first weigh in this morning. 3.5lb GONE Yaaaayyyyyy !!!!!!!

Great attitude .... I'm finding this forum amazing for support, ideas and generally good browsing when the football is on :D had my first weigh in this morning. 3.5lb GONE Yaaaayyyyyy !!!!!!!

Well done, that's fab, I hope my WI tomorrow is good!

I am so upset right now. Been on plan 100% this week, doing Green as usual. Had avg 5 syns a day and had my HXs. I have GAINED 3lb :(
I just don't understand how i can spend 3 weeks over xmas eating/drinking and gain 4.5lb then this week gain 3lb sticking on plan. The only thing i have done different is start exercising .. but a 3lb gain.... seriously??
I feel like giving up, but i can't coz i hate being this way. Thank you for listening. :(

Well I STS this week :/ I don't think I've done anything wrong so maybe things are just levelling out a bit after my 6lb loss last week?

Ahh well at least I didn't gain and I WILL do better next week.

Off to drop my lil' in at nursery shortly then off for a spin workout!

Good luck to everyone else weighing in today xxx

I am so upset right now. Been on plan 100% this week, doing Green as usual. Had avg 5 syns a day and had my HXs. I have GAINED 3lb :(
I just don't understand how i can spend 3 weeks over xmas eating/drinking and gain 4.5lb then this week gain 3lb sticking on plan. The only thing i have done different is start exercising .. but a 3lb gain.... seriously??
I feel like giving up, but i can't coz i hate being this way. Thank you for listening. :(

Aww Hun, I stayed the same this week n don't think I did anything wrong either. Im hoping that means I'll lose a couple next week. It can be down to all kinds of things tho, time of the month, the exercise etc? Chin up and here's to a better week this week. Don't give up....we can do this!! X

Fab loss well done :)

Sometimes when you start exercising your body hold onto water (I think it's something to do with protecting your muscles!) drink plenty of water and continue with the exercise, it will come off! Also, did you take any measurements? It's always worth keeping a note of them and if you have an unexplained gain or stay the same, you could measure to see if you've lost centimetres rather than lbs! I'd advise you to measure in centimetres as they are smaller than inches so you can notice if you've lost more than inches!
Definitely stick with it though, your body needs time to adjust to the new exercise! Make sure to drinks lots of fluids too! Half your body weight in ounces, so if you weighed 150lb, you would drink 75 fluid ounces of water! Hope that helps!

Don't worry, I've basically had the same thing happen and realised I made a stupid mistake which caused me to bugger up. I'm hoping to get rid of the vast majority of it for tomorrow's WI and hoping I'm back to very close to where I started 3 weeks ago before going awol.

Mrsebb is right so keep exercising and drinking water to flush your system. Another thing might be you are coming up to *week and that is where I usually gain a stupid 5lbs phantom weight and it won't shift till afterwards.

I only do green and stick within my syns and measure/weigh everything and follow 100% every day so a gain is very frustrating. The stupid thing that I did over the last 2.5/3 weeks is eat myself stupid with yoghurt only problem was it didn't click in that I was using low fat which is not the same as syn free. So even though I was sticking to my syns and the plan I really wasn't. I have no idea how that escaped me but it did. I'm a way I'm happy as it just shows me I can get complacent and that is a good lesson to learn early on.

There is a thread a little further down the page started by Mrswilsoncroft about what did you do badly this week or some similar title, that is where after posting my confusion I realised what I had done wrong. I say give it a read there might be something that clicks for you like it did for me.

If you have actually gained, try not to worry about it even though it is very disappointing and frustrating. You'll figure out what might have happened and depending on how much exercise you've done and how long for that might be an actual muscle gain which is good. The fat will fall away and the muscle will be nice and toned, think of it as the new you getting ready for her debut!

Thanks guys. It's not * week coz that was last week, and i know i've not eaten anything by mistake. It has to be down to the exercise like you say, with muscles holding water. It's just so frustrating when you put in extra effort and it sends you 3lb in the wrong direction! :sigh:

Hey ho, onwards and upwards (or should that be downwards?)

Well done losers lol

Back