DOING SW FROM HOME???

This may sound like a really silly question but am I right in thinking that Asda mini meringue shells are only 1.5 syns for 2 shells?

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Sw online syns says 2 for 1.5 syns :D

Well I read it was 4 syns per 25g of self residing flour and it was literrally a little on 2 bits of fish before dipped innthe egg so I'm thinking maybe only 1-2 syns? X

Fab, definitely try that next time I do fish & chips!

Well done on the loss!

Thumbelloulou do you know why you might of gained?

I've got WI tomorrow morning! Eek! Do NOT feel any different to last week, if anything I feel heavier! Been a bit "bloated" IYKWIM!!!! Aswell so not very hopeful! Lemon and water for me :D

I weigh myself everyday as it helps me to keep on track, though Friday is the official day. However I was so happy when the scales said 210.4 - which means I have lost exactly 1 stone!! I seem to have had a mental block the last few weeks to get to the 1 stone mark so I'm really happy. Its now a great motivation to keep going as I've another 4 stone to loose. At least now I feel I can achieve it!

Raven thats great about the quotes, must have a look. Heres one I love - wheather you think you can, or wheather you think you can't; you're right!!!

I'm going to go with the 'I think I can'!!

Morning Ladies!!!
1.5lbs off for me this week!! Thrilled!!
I'd say for me this week the key has been loads of fruit n veg & HOT LEMON WATER!!! haha!!
I really didn't expect 1.5lbs coz I feel really bloated as it's * week so can feel the cramps coming :(

X

Well Done Summer 2lbs is a great loss! x

And Thumbeloulou don't be too hard on yourself just pick yourself up and carry on. Some weeks you do feel like giving up especially when the scales don't show the hard work you've put in but it'll be worth it in the long run! Good Luck x

Urgh, rather disappointed that I have gained 1lb :( had hoped to maintain really!

Well done on the loss Summer :)

I know you feel crap but please don't worry. It's only 1 week out of your whole weight loss journey and it will soon be forgotten once your back to loosing again. It's not what you want but you CAN still get to your target :) Ruth x

I have just blown the diet right out the window - had pizza last night, half bag onion rings and a bag of munchie minis. I can give the advice on not losing the weight and if exercising etc etc and not to get too down about it but when it comes to me taking it - I cant. Been at this for 4wks, lost 1lb only and I have been running for the 4 weeks doing the C-2-5K and I have not seen the slightest bit of difference. My clothes actually feel tighter. Now i have loads of clothes that did fit me (lost 1.5stones last year) and I cannot get into now and now I am having to buy clothes for work and I am just so depressed about it and I know that eating is not the answer but at this moment in time I am just past caring. I am also struggling with being lonely etc as I can pretty much say I have no friends so I sit in the house day & night every day apart from work. My OH works away so I can go weeks without seeing anyone - again apart from work - it is a very lonely lift :-(

Any way sorry for rambling, just needed to get that off my chest for the timebeing!!

And just remembered that I had 2 rowies for breakfast!

Last edited:
Alycin before August last year I was working full time for a charity giving clients financial and debt advice. I was good at my job and got great results for them but when it comes to my own finances there screwed lol I don't think it's uncommon for us to be able to give out sound advice but then not to take it ourselves.
I am now a full time Mum to my 2 boys aged 9 & 2 and I have 2 step sons who visit at wk ends. My week is spent in the company of children and then hubby when he comes home from work so I really do understand how your feeling. I know it won't be like this forever and that when my 2 year old is at school I can return to the world of adults, but when your in the middle of it there seems no way out. I hope your ok and if you ever want a chat just let me know. Chin up :) Ruth x

Well, I'm back from my 4 days in London and unfortunately I gained a pound :(
But I'm thinking it should have been LOADS more as I didn't follow the plan at all and had lots of beer and wine.
But we walked for miles so I think that helped a little bit!
So back to being strict on myself from today and my new weigh ins are Wednesday mornings......

Morning everyone! Wow, well done on the great losses guys! I'm hoping I can claw yesterday back and be in control by WI day and get into the 10s! Fingers crossed, would be such a weird thing to get there! Even weirder than when I got into the 11s haha! (which I still have a hard time believing...)

Going to actually make some plans of what to eat today, tomorrow etc so I'm doing less of the 'flying by the seat of my pants' SW style that I usually do haha! I definitely find it easier to stick to plan when I know what I'm going to eat!

All this food is looking great guys! Love that we're posting more pics on here now! x

Thanks for the lovely words peeps… it was a funny week because I was really ill last Thursday and barely ate anything, then Fri/Sat was away so I kind of ate as best I could and joined in the drinking. So I guess its just a combination of the two really. Just frustrated as it seems to be that hurdle of getting under 11 stone (which I have been half ars*d attempting for 4 years) coming round and biting me on the bum again :( The time I am really proud I have kept it up for 4 weeks so far, and I have no intention of quitting.
Just had two red days which generally make me feel less bloaty, but I feel really bloated this morning and uncomfortable. So fed up with having to undo the button on my jeans, and I refuse to buy any more because I really want to lose the weight. Ive increased my fluid intake as I know that can help, and apart from the odd bits I know about, I am pretty sure I have been eating on plan.
New week starts today hey… x

Hi, I'm new, did SW some years ago and lost 3.5 stone but have since regained all if not more!! I've joined two SW classes in the past few months but I just can't do with all that sitting round and clapping! Sorry it's just not for me. I've got two children my son has just been one and my daughter is three in two weeks. I'd ideally like to lose some weight before we start trying for a third (and final) towards the middle/end of this year. I'd ideally like to lose four stone. I hope it's ok for me to join this thread? Look forward to getting to know everyone.
Helen x

Hi, I'm new, did SW some years ago and lost 3.5 stone but have since regained all if not more!! I've joined two SW classes in the past few months but I just can't do with all that sitting round and clapping! Sorry it's just not for me. I've got two children my son has just been one and my daughter is three in two weeks. I'd ideally like to lose some weight before we start trying for a third (and final) towards the middle/end of this year. I'd ideally like to lose four stone. I hope it's ok for me to join this thread? Look forward to getting to know everyone.
Helen x

Welcome :)

Had some leftover chicken so made this for lunch

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130130_131836.png
    ForumRunner_20130130_131836.png
    335.1 KB · Views: 60
Welcome Helen, lovely to have you!

Well done to the losses today. Did a night shift last night and only able to sleep for 2hrs this morning so completely shattered. Nights really affect my eating so hope I don't blow it this week.

I really fancy some crispy chicken. I've got some thighs so do you reckon I could do smash and spices, dip chicken in egg then the smash. Do you reckon that would work, get a crunchy coating? How many syns would that be on red? My hubby isn't in a good way, depression and losing weight so thought this might be nice comfort food with chips and beans for him and veg for me. What do you think? :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Back