DOING SW FROM HOME???

Welcome Helen, lovely to have you!

Well done to the losses today. Did a night shift last night and only able to sleep for 2hrs this morning so completely shattered. Nights really affect my eating so hope I don't blow it this week.

I really fancy some crispy chicken. I've got some thighs so do you reckon I could do smash and spices, dip chicken in egg then the smash. Do you reckon that would work, get a crunchy coating? How many syns would that be on red? My hubby isn't in a good way, depression and losing weight so thought this might be nice comfort food with chips and beans for him and veg for me. What do you think? :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Crispy chicken sounds good, I saw a Jamie Oliver recipe where he sprinkled polenta and paprika onto chicken breasts and fried them in a tiny bit of olive oil. Thought that could easily be sw'd. If polenta is free lol

Welcome Helen, lovely to have you!

Well done to the losses today. Did a night shift last night and only able to sleep for 2hrs this morning so completely shattered. Nights really affect my eating so hope I don't blow it this week.

I really fancy some crispy chicken. I've got some thighs so do you reckon I could do smash and spices, dip chicken in egg then the smash. Do you reckon that would work, get a crunchy coating? How many syns would that be on red? My hubby isn't in a good way, depression and losing weight so thought this might be nice comfort food with chips and beans for him and veg for me. What do you think? :)

Jenny, I do that with chicken breasts and it is lovely. I use smash with some garlic granules, cajun seasoning and some salt and pepper. My boys love it when I make them nuggets like that. A naughty treat but in a good way. Hope things pick up for him. Also Jenny, I cut a large onion into rings and dipped it in egg and a smash mix and baked them in the oven. Best onions rings I have had in a long time x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Jenny, I do that with chicken breasts and it is lovely. I use smash with some garlic granules, cajun seasoning and some salt and pepper. My boys love it when I make them nuggets like that. A naughty treat but in a good way. Hope things pick up for him. Also Jenny, I cut a large onion into rings and dipped it in egg and a smash mix and baked them in the oven. Best onions rings I have had in a long time x

Thanks hun, I've only got thighs, do you think that'll be ok? How long in oven, what temperature? Do I just cost the fresh chicken, I don't need to fry them off first or anything? Getting excited, sounds lovely! :)

Thanks hun, I've only got thighs, do you think that'll be ok? How long in oven, what temperature? Do I just cost the fresh chicken, I don't need to fry them off first or anything? Getting excited, sounds lovely! :)

I am sure it will be fine. I did mine on 200c/gas mark 6 for about 20-25 minutes depending on size and turning them a few times whilst cooking. Onion rings didn't take so long. Probably about 15 minutes for them. No need to fry first. Just dip, roll and cook. Let me know how you get on x

Jen, for crispier chicken double dip! Do the egg then smash/crumbs, then back to egg and back to crumbs :)

Feel like a right idiot - feeling really low and panicky today, over nothing! Cue comfort eating... Was synning at first but lost count! In an attempt to claw it back (again!) made a pasta salad for lunch (inspired by you guys earlier!) which was nice :) Lots of veg - lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, spring onion - and some chicken, boiled egg and a bit of salad cream :) Have been feeling really sick and just ill for a while now so think I just need to get over this before I can be sensible about anything!!

Anyway, here is my pasta salad - it went pink from the beetroot :D
Pink Pasta Salad.jpg

Loving the pink pasta Laura!

Got a real dilemma tonight, i've agreed to babysit for someone last minute from 7.30pm but i dont finish work until 7pm so have no time to prepare any dinner! Now I can have some dinner at work, they've got chicken curry which is just tinned tomatoes, spices and chicken (with rice - but I wouldn't have that since I like to do red days) or do i have a pasta 'n' sauce and make it into a green day? I do hate to eat carbs late at night though :(

Hi girls just had my 2nd weigh in & I've lost another 5lb!!!!! That's 10lb in 2weeks I'm so happy right now xxx

The curry sounds quite good hun, if sw friendly I'd go for that :)

It is but it's boring :( I've decided on pasta as I like it, it's filling & it's only one carb meal. I do love them, they're like a comfort food for me. Being free on green does help too, means no syns today :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Cheesy tuna pasta bake from the booklet with this months mag! Very tasty, and I had with green bean and carrots, no way could I eat a quarter though!@

ForumRunner_20130130_173843.png

On another note, a friend gave me some Friendship cake mix which o felt obliged to accept... So its been growing for 10 days and I've had to bake it today!

ForumRunner_20130130_174135.png

I measured myself 25g for about 4syns.... Gonna have to freeze some and take some to coffee morning I think. I can't have it in the house!!

Help!

Well done on the mega loss Sara, I need to peek at your food diary if you have one!!

Jenny809...... well done... you must be doing something right..fantastic loss!

Crumbs! It's taken me like a day to catch up from Saturday! Went AWOL Sunday, and yesterday Monday and today have been on plan though. Making SW Tagine and Moroccan rice for tea, smells lush! I dunno what happened yesterday I was just so so hungry! Nothing filled me up so I went with it, no food guilt! It's Adam and jacks 6th birthday tomorrow so I'm going to have SW breakfast and lunch but get involved with the party foods and cake, I'm throwing them a little party with 4 of their friends at ours, cute! Got a piñata! And gonna do pass the parcel and a dancing completion and Mario kart tournament. I'm so excited to decorate the house when they're at school :)

So this weeks probs a write off, just going to WI tomorrow morning instead of Friday as I'll no doubt have massive carb bloat from tomorrow nights food then get back to it Friday.

Jen you look lush in the peplum, I'm well into animal prints, I realised the other day most of my clothes have some kinda animal on! I'm like a 10 year old girl!

Toni you too :) amazing on the size 14, and you're dropping sizes so fast! Well done!

Also amazing losses I see :) go girls!

Now the snows cleared been walking the dog properly again so fingers crossed that'll help my losses, gonna start the shred again tomorrow too :)

Also loving the foodie pics, why haven't we shared sooner!

Xx

Charl, I have been the same for the past couple of days. Hungry hungry and more hungry. However, I have eaten within plan but bigger portions. Hoping scales are kind to me tomorrow.

So nice to decorate and give a party for your boys. I am sure they'll be delighted.

Don't worry about the plan just get back to it as soon as you can.

Thanks Rosie :) I'd quite like a STS this week really as I haven't done anything to deserve a gain but my body is very strange and holds onto things for days! X

Well Done Sara!! Brilliant loss!!
I'm the same ive got a party on sat so trying to be good until sat then let me hair down!
Had a really good day today foodwise until I ate a cream cake my friend brought in for her birthday...it was a mini Victoria sponge cake tho...so a whopping 16.5 syns...not too bad but I had a piece of bread with my superfree soup at lunch so that's 21.5 syns for today!! :( have to have next to nothing now until sat so I can enjoy myself without worrying about my syns! But for me it seems to work best when I use all my syns so I'm going to! Ha! X

Back