DOING SW FROM HOME???

Evening all, made a yummy dinner of sweet potato fritters with rice and salad. Tasted like something from a nice Indian restaurant, very impressed with myself :)

Last edited:
Hope things are better for you today Charl, sounds like you had a rotten night. This place is great for getting things off your chest isn't it?

On a different note, last night I learned that I really can't take my drink anymore! I only had 3 glasses of wine and my memory's fuzzy and I feel terrible! I stopped counting syns as well because the wine gave me the munchies :break_diet:Aah well, I've got until 5 o'clock tomorrow to try and pull it back by being extra good :sigh:

Charl I must have signed off just b4 you posted last night. I hope you are ok this morning and things didn't 'hit the fan' when he came home. I know exactly how you feel trust me. My oh is fantastic, he cooks, cleans, decorates etc but he drinks. When he does its not just a cpl its a shed load. He then gets argumentative, demanding and aggressive. He moved in with us (max & I) about 3 years ago and a year later we had Euan together. We have had that 'talk' countless times, he knows how I feel, how I don't want the boys around alcohol and promises to change but he never does. I've read a lot about functioning alcoholics and basically that's what he is and worse is I allow it. I have come to realise he is not going to change, his previous 2 long term relationships ended because if it so why will this be different? He says if things don't work with me then they won't work with anyone but they will only work with me if I keep letting him get away with this behaviour. I need to be brave now and get to the point where I say enough us enough but when you have a child together it seems you don't get there very soon. We are only here once and should spend that time being as happy as possible and keeping our children happy and safe too. I think you know what you want to do, you just want someone to agree with you. Take care of you and your boys, love Ruth x

What a difficult situation to be in! I hope everything will be ok for you xx

Twas yum! Hmm, I think I would def reduce the stock lots next time then. I love thai curry, would love the recipe if you ha a mo :) Im enjoing using my syns in cooking actually, can be so worth it! X

Goulash looks lush too!

Thai Green Curry

2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
400g chicken thighs in bite size chunks
300ml chicken stock
200ml reduced fat coconut milk
400g mixed veg
2tbsp dark soy sauce
1 red chilli
Handful fresh coriander
Lime wedges and rice to serve

Heat a large frying pan with fry light over a medium heat. Stir fry the chicken & curry paste until chicken is sealed all over then add the stock & coconut milk. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 mins or until chicken is cooked through.
Add the veg and simmer for a further 6-8 mins or until just tender.
Remove from the heat and add the soy sauce and season to taste. Garnish with the chopped red chilli and coriander and serve with rice and lime wedges.

The mag says 1.5 syns per serving but that's with 100ml of coconut milk so I'd allow 3 to be on the safe side.

Thai Green Curry

2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
400g chicken thighs in bite size chunks
300ml chicken stock
200ml reduced fat coconut milk
400g mixed veg
2tbsp dark soy sauce
1 red chilli
Handful fresh coriander
Lime wedges and rice to serve

Heat a large frying pan with fry light over a medium heat. Stir fry the chicken & curry paste until chicken is sealed all over then add the stock & coconut milk. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 mins or until chicken is cooked through.
Add the veg and simmer for a further 6-8 mins or until just tender.
Remove from the heat and add the soy sauce and season to taste. Garnish with the chopped red chilli and coriander and serve with rice and lime wedges.

The mag says 1.5 syns per serving but that's with 100ml of coconut milk so I'd allow 3 to be on the safe side.

Thank you lovely, you're a star! That will be on the menu this week xx

bought a savoy cabbage today - part of the aldi super 6 - but have never cooked it before. Having a roast chicken dinner tomorrow so has anyone got any suggestions on what to do with the cabbage to make it a bit more interesting!

I finely slice mine, coat my wok with fry light, add the cabbage and a good splash of soy sauce and lots of black pepper. Keep tossing/mixing it. Really good when it just starts to crisp up at the edges. The only way I can get my kids to eat cabbage. It really nice with slices onions and leeks bunged I. The wok too :) X

Charl, I`ve only just caught up with yesterday`s posts and I really feel for you. Some years ago now, hubby had a drink habit. Although he never threw things he did yell a lot and made me feel it was all my fault. Things came to a head when he went out one lunch time and didn`t come home til 4 in the morning. Having had enough I told him it was either the drink or me. If he chose the drink then he`d have to leave. We had 3 young kids and I`d need the flat for them. To his credit he sorted himself out and hasn`t had a drink since, he doesn`t trust himself. That was 25 years ago now.

I`m not saying things are the same with you. It isn`t you that makes him do the things he does and you have your kids to think of as well. Sending you big hugs from someone who`s been down a similar road. Hope things get sorted out soon.

I'm also doing it at home because I stay in Bulgaria and have no contact with any clubs,So have no books to look up So I am finding it really hard to get information and I'm so confused as to what syns values are but guess i will eventually pick it up.
Good LUck

I'm also doing it at home because I stay in Bulgaria and have no contact with any clubs,So have no books to look up So I am finding it really hard to get information and I'm so confused as to what syns values are but guess i will eventually pick it up.
Good LUck

Welcome! Everyone here is really supportive so any questions, just ask :)

Charl, I`ve only just caught up with yesterday`s posts and I really feel for you. Some years ago now, hubby had a drink habit. Although he never threw things he did yell a lot and made me feel it was all my fault. Things came to a head when he went out one lunch time and didn`t come home til 4 in the morning. Having had enough I told him it was either the drink or me. If he chose the drink then he`d have to leave. We had 3 young kids and I`d need the flat for them. To his credit he sorted himself out and hasn`t had a drink since, he doesn`t trust himself. That was 25 years ago now.

I`m not saying things are the same with you. It isn`t you that makes him do the things he does and you have your kids to think of as well. Sending you big hugs from someone who`s been down a similar road. Hope things get sorted out soon.

This sounds very much like our situation. He's great normally and doesn't drink very often but it always goes bad when he does. I've just said the same, no more drinking or that's it as he's not the boys dad, I ended things with their dad due to him being a really rubbish partner and terrible drunk so I'm not taking it off him anymore, this is my house so it's not a security thing I've done it all on my own for years before we got together so I can do it again.

I just feel like i keep trusting him and he keeps letting me down. He came home with a broken nose, great. And yeah full of apologies now he's sober, he hates himself etc etc but still didn't stop him last night did it.

Ah I dunno what to do.

Thanks all your girls, I'm honesty shocked at how many of us have really similar situations and experiences, I'm actually happy I vented I don't really feel so alone about it all now xxx

This sounds very much like our situation. He's great normally and doesn't drink very often but it always goes bad when he does. I've just said the same, no more drinking or that's it as he's not the boys dad, I ended things with their dad due to him being a really rubbish partner and terrible drunk so I'm not taking it off him anymore, this is my house so it's not a security thing I've done it all on my own for years before we got together so I can do it again.

I just feel like i keep trusting him and he keeps letting me down. He came home with a broken nose, great. And yeah full of apologies now he's sober, he hates himself etc etc but still didn't stop him last night did it.

Ah I dunno what to do.

Thanks all your girls, I'm honesty shocked at how many of us have really similar situations and experiences, I'm actually happy I vented I don't really feel so alone about it all now xxx

Hope ur ok Charl as u said earlier, u've answered ur own question, deep down you know what you want to do!! U need to think what's best for you and ur kids, if he keeps apologising but things r still the same the following week then his words r completely empty and meaningless. X xx

Hi Girls, not long got in from a party...wow what a night it was and I certainly over indulged on the food and drink side of things!! I'm really dreading WI on Wednesday I really hope I haven't ruined all my hard work over the last 2 weeks after me losing 10lbs I feel like I may of just put all that back on haha xxx

Morning all! (well morning for me anyway :p) Like Sara I've only just got in after going out last night and OMG! Major drama, I'm such an idiot when drunk... So glad I'm giving alcohol up for Lent, and I might try and just see how long I can go without it after that!

Aw Charl :( Lots of hugs sent your way hun and I hope you're alright xx

Everyone loved the cake last night, thank god! Here it is :)

James' Birthday Cake.png

Big hugs Charl. You are right, it is shocking how many people experience things like this. My best friend was with a guy that sounds similar to your partner,he used to go out and drink masses, act like a complete ass then be all apologetic and promise not to get like that again. This happened nearly every time he went on a night out, he even got like it at a house party we had for my Hubby's birthday and was really insulting to my brother and some other friends but she stuck with him. Crunch time came a few months later when they went to a festival and she had an entire weekend of it and he got so wrecked she had to drive all the way home (west mids) from Scotland after he promised to share the drive. Whatever happens with him you deserve nothing but happiness x

half a syn each :)

Well worth half a syn too everytime :)

Arghh crap week foodwise once again, I really don't know whats wrong with me I'm motivated to start with but know as I lose weigh so slowly I just get disheartened a few weeks in... doesn't help that my friend looses weight at the drop of hat, he's suggested we do this together and he's encouraging unlike hubs but still doesn't help with the getting demotivated....

Drawing yet another line under things and starting afresh, getting to be a habit though now, I satrted this week motivated organised had my meals all planned out etc etc and then a couple of plans go awry and I'm off plan again too easily...

Drawing a line under tings once more

Ah I dunno what to do.

Aww Charl feel for you, sounds like you know what you want in your heart, you just need to brave before things get any worse... alcohol just gets a grip on some people, it's amazing how many people in the world are functioning alchoholics..and it's really not good for the boys.

You know you can always sound off here honey.. It's nothing you do, so don't think that, so keep strong love

Morning all! (well morning for me anyway :p) Like Sara I've only just got in after going out last night and OMG! Major drama, I'm such an idiot when drunk... So glad I'm giving alcohol up for Lent, and I might try and just see how long I can go without it after that!

Aw Charl :( Lots of hugs sent your way hun and I hope you're alright xx

Everyone loved the cake last night, thank god! Here it is :)

View attachment 77798

Laura cake looks fab. well done. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Back