DOING SW FROM HOME???

Well done on your looses ladies, week going good for me so far. Finally started walking again so hopefully I'll see a good loss this week, hoping for three pound would be happy with two.
Had a two egg omellte for breakfast with a small slice of toast for brekkie still feel kinda full which is good. Ham salad and fruit for lunch so all free.

Polly

really wanted cheese with my lunch so have decided to try a red day as had already had milk with brekkie and am having chicken salad for lunch. if change my mind later can always syn the cheese..i think?

Yes Sara, red days are good, I always do them. I do love my 2 hex's :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

might try alternating between red/green and extra easy. i always have cereals for brekkie as dont have time for anything else so end up using all my hexs on brekkie when doing ee.

i usually weigh on a monday but have got one of those weekends where i know i'm not gonna be able to stick to plan....friday going out for an early valentine meal with the oh, saturday going to a friends for a girlie night and sunday going to the inlaws. so as much as i will try not to go overboard i also intend to enjoy myself. question is should i weigh on friday morning then again on monday morning?

might try alternating between red/green and extra easy. i always have cereals for brekkie as dont have time for anything else so end up using all my hexs on brekkie when doing ee.

I'm doing red, but I still use mullers for my cereal so I have loads of hex left :) I'm having cheese with lunch and still have all my milk so it never feels that limited. All bran crunch is fab with the yogurt xx

really wanted cheese with my lunch so have decided to try a red day as had already had milk with brekkie and am having chicken salad for lunch. if change my mind later can always syn the cheese..i think?

gonna have to syn cheese and do ee..put smash on chicken and just realised its prob not free on red :cry: on a positive note my 3 yr old is stealing half the cheese off my plate so syns wont be as bad!

Just thought I'd check in. Hols going well so far on EE even if I've just had cherry pie :))

Must admit that even tho I' ve gone veggie for the day and called it green I've never got the hang of red/green days. Only EE was explained. Sometimes feel really bloated. Can't afford a lot of meat if that's what red days mean. Can anyone explain please?

Just thought I'd check in. Hols going well so far on EE even if I've just had cherry pie :))

Must admit that even tho I' ve gone veggie for the day and called it green I've never got the hang of red/green days. Only EE was explained. Sometimes feel really bloated. Can't afford a lot of meat if that's what red days mean. Can anyone explain please?

Green days are basically vegetarian, but you can have measured amounts of meat/fish as one HEXb. Red days are unlimited meat/fish but without the carbs or measured amounts of it as one HEXb. So on red days your not really meant to have pasta, rice, potatoes etc but can have some as a HEXb. On red and green days your allowed 2 HEXbs rather than compared to the one on EE, thats why i prefer red and green haha!

Hey grannie! How's the holidays? Nice break?

Red and green are the old plans they used way before EE. I couldn't get my head around EE for ages as I totally programmed for the old plan!

Red days - unlimited Superfree (the same as EE) with free meats and fish. You get 2 hexB's all the breads/cereal/bars etc same as EE and milk but you can pick some diff carbs to add so say 110g Cooked wholemeal pasta, or 225g (I think) jacket potato, 200g new potatoes. Peas, sweetcorn and lots of bean variety are hexB too. And you get 2 hexA choices too, so you can have double the milk or milk and cheese,

Green is the other way round, so all Superfree the same, all pastas rice and pulses are free and potatoes and parsnips peas etc but meat is a no go. Again you get your 2 hexA's (much more cheese choice on green) and 2 hexB but one of the hexB lists are all the meat and fish allowances, they're not very big.

Then tofu/quorn meat subs etc are free on all 3

I hope that helped?? Maybe I've confused you more! X

My big problem is I don't like milk except in tea! So I think I don't have enough calcium. I do have a lot of yogurt and I love cheese. Can I split my hexa so that I can still have milk in tea?

Having a good hol so far, thanks Charl. Was gonna go in the hot tub but it's outside & it's chucking rain! Each lodge has a private hot tub with fencing round so you're not on view to the public!

Doing this on my ipod which is a real pain!

We have been on loads of hols with hot tubs and totally love them!! Very jealous :) glad you're having a lovely time x

I always split my hex's, bit of milk and cheese. You're technically not supposed to but nearly 4 stone down so not hindered my loss!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Thanks jenny! Gonna try to split my hexa! Love cheese & my tea with milk. Never got the hang of black tea. Tho I do have hot water with lemon

Hi Ladies

Really enjoying reading your posts, you all seem so knowledgeable, two questions, (I've never been to a meeting so forgive me) In the book lots of things are marked free but have the weight 100g next to them, so for example, baked beans in tomato sauce is it only 100gs free or could you eat half a can which would be approx 200g? It doesn't say how many syns would be in the other 100gs so I don't know how to syn it.

Also I am doing the Extra easy but I see alot of people talking about Red and Green Days, can you do a mix of these and if so how many red days and how many green days a week would you do.

Hope that makes sense.

Polly

Hi Ladies

Really enjoying reading your posts, you all seem so knowledgeable, two questions, (I've never been to a meeting so forgive me) In the book lots of things are marked free but have the weight 100g next to them, so for example, baked beans in tomato sauce is it only 100gs free or could you eat half a can which would be approx 200g? It doesn't say how many syns would be in the other 100gs so I don't know how to syn it.

Also I am doing the Extra easy but I see alot of people talking about Red and Green Days, can you do a mix of these and if so how many red days and how many green days a week would you do.

Hope that makes sense.

Polly

I couldnt answer your question on beans because I just eat the 100g, iv never really thought about what it would be for more haha! I do a mixture of days but dont really lose on EE at all, in 3 weeks on EE I lost 1lb! I think I get too tempted to just eat too much so I tend to stick to red and green days. You can mix the days up you just need to find out whats best for you, Im still working out what works for me! Last week I mixed it so did red days friday, saturday, sunday then did green mon, tues, weds, thurs, and I lsot 2 lb last week. This week Im doing just green days (WI on friday so see how it goes!) then next week im going to try all red
X

A big thank you to whoever was talking about 30 day shred on here (It's so busy it's hard to keep track of all the posts!).

I'm on day 5 and even though my weight loss was tiny this week (0.5lbs) I've lost 16.5cm from various parts of my body this week!
First day was horrendous but actually getting used to it now (although my legs kill when I walk down stairs).
Since 1st Jan I've lost 7.5lbs so it's slow and steady but it is working.

This thread is great for new ideas and amazing success stories! x

Back