DOING SW FROM HOME???

Oh I'm totally ignoring it :) never happened to me before, usually I just put on on non-weigh in days!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Very proud of myself this afternoon. We're having a birthday tea party for Neil's eldest who will be 8 on Tuesday so have made the boys a table full of delights which they were very impressed with. I made myself a pizza using HX cheese & bread, had some fresh pineapple chunks, a packet of fridge raiders, spoon of hummus and just a taste of their yummy jelly, cake & angel delight Sunday! It was all really yummy and only used about 7.5 syns :)
Slow cook pulled pork is in the oven for dinner, I won't (will try not to) have any of the amazing crackling but will certainly use some syns for homemade coleslaw.
Great red day x

Can someone suggest what's the best thing to have from the Chinese??
I would normally get sweet chilly chicken and fried rice then wed share chips and prawn crackers!!!!!!!

I would normally get sweet chilly chicken and fried rice then wed share chips and prawn crackers!!!!!!!

I think a chicken chow mein is something like 7.5 syns, swap fried rice for boiled

Pulled pork was amazing, hubs loved it! Did hairy bikers version, less spice next time!! Gammon joint in the oven for sandwiches for the week :)

Hard day today, anniversary of my dad, he was killed in a car crash 16 years ago. It's been soooo long now, has missed so much, is really hard :-( had a nice family day tho x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Pulled pork was amazing, hubs loved it! Did hairy bikers version, less spice next time!! Gammon joint in the oven for sandwiches for the week :)

Hard day today, anniversary of my dad, he was killed in a car crash 16 years ago. It's been soooo long now, has missed so much, is really hard :-( had a nice family day tho x

Anniversaries are always so hard (((big hugs))) xxxx

Jen sorry about your Dad. It is always hard no matter how long ago. Big hug

Probably waaayy too late for this info now, but best meal from Chinese for syns is beef/chicken in black bean sauce (Think it's around 5 syns for the portion) with boiled rice and prawn crackers (1.5 syns for 5) :)

Aw Jen :( It's good you've spent the day with your family and managed to have a nice day with them though. Lots of hugs sent your way x

hi all...how do you all find sw at home? I find class difficult to get to now but panicking I cant do it alone (though IT bores the daylights out of me and could do with saving the monies!) ive got 3st to loose x

Evening all. Had a busy few day but have finally managed to catch up on here. Had a lovely swim yesterday and did 60 lengths. I was really chuffed with myself although my oh says that because I am a slow swimmer it's not burning any fat. Nothing like a bit of encouragement. Especially when I am struggling so much with losing and he is losing 3 pound a week. 2 weeks to go to the ball and nowhere near the weight I wanted to be. Not even sure my ball gown is going to fit. I have been stuck at 12.1 for weeks now and would so like to see the 11's. I keep plodding along with all your support. Thanks everyone x

hi all...how do you all find sw at home? I find class difficult to get to now but panicking I cant do it alone (though IT bores the daylights out of me and could do with saving the monies!) ive got 3st to loose x
I have done it from home with the help of all my friends on here. I put the money for group and £1 for every 1 lb I lose (for every lb gained I put £2) in a seperate account and treat myself to something good. At the moment putting savings from my losses towards a holiday. If you have any questions you just ask and someone will answer you. Everyone is so suppotive and friendly. Although we don't know each other personally but we are like a big group of friends.

Evening all. Had a busy few day but have finally managed to catch up on here. Had a lovely swim yesterday and did 60 lengths. I was really chuffed with myself although my oh says that because I am a slow swimmer it's not burning any fat. Nothing like a bit of encouragement. Especially when I am struggling so much with losing and he is losing 3 pound a week. 2 weeks to go to the ball and nowhere near the weight I wanted to be. Not even sure my ball gown is going to fit. I have been stuck at 12.1 for weeks now and would so like to see the 11's. I keep plodding along with all your support. Thanks everyone x

Swimming is an excellent form of exercise as you use all the muscles in your body no matter how slow you swim. Your oh sounds like someone I know - "If you do not do things fiercly you are not doing it well and will not succeed". load of rubbish. Just take it in your stride and do as much as you can. Still I am puzzeled as the reason you are not losing. did you try having a complete couple of days off plan - that normally works forr me. As a matter fact I have been stuck STS for a couple of weeks and if it does not shift by Thursday, i intend to have a day off plan competely. Have you tried your ball gown - you might be surprised as sometimes we lose inches but not lbs.

Whats the best super free foods to eat? I'm new to SW and never been to a class?

You shouldn't ever eat less than 1200 cals ESP doing that amount of walking, your body goes into starvation mode and everything you do consume gets stored rather than used for energy. X

Thanks Charlie my body never gets a chance to go into starvation mode :) I did use most of my syns each day so think so ate plenty. I I've been eating a lot of potato maybe thats it

Whats the best super free foods to eat? I'm new to SW and never been to a class?
I eat loads of salad (bag of mixed salad, carrot, tomato, cucumber, beetroot - raddish, pepper, herbs if I have them). You can put onion or spring onion I don't hav ethem as raw onion gives me a headache. Make a dressing with low fat youghrt, 1 tsp mayo, lemon juice, garlic, plenty of coarse Black pepper (put in a jar and shake) pour over, yum yum. have with whatever else you want on plan.

Another besrt thing is Superfree soup for cold days. just put any veg you like with a small piece of chicken, boil until cooked.

Fruits are also good. I can eat tons of fruit but some people put on weight because of sugar in fruit.

ah it's so easy to get lost in group isnt it- so many people and a C always has favourite people or a small clique who dominate the group discussions.

I've always attended group, and first time around it was my life. .as was this place. I joined a different group upon my return to plan after the birth ofy girl...but slowly lost interest. I rejoined another group after Xmas but only lasted two weeks. he was rubbish, didnt know his stuff and im still being texted weekly despite obviously not being a member. .which says it all..he doesnt care nor notice!

working and having LO makes getting to class tough enough ..but I really struggle to stay motivated. ..it is so tough 2nd time around it is unreal! I hoped coming back here would rekindle my old dedication and get me back on track! im glad to see a real 'at home community' within the minimins sw community iykwim! xx

ah it's so easy to get lost in group isnt it- so many people and a C always has favourite people or a small clique who dominate the group discussions.

I've always attended group, and first time around it was my life. .as was this place. I joined a different group upon my return to plan after the birth ofy girl...but slowly lost interest. I rejoined another group after Xmas but only lasted two weeks. he was rubbish, didnt know his stuff and im still being texted weekly despite obviously not being a member. .which says it all..he doesnt care nor notice!

working and having LO makes getting to class tough enough ..but I really struggle to stay motivated. ..it is so tough 2nd time around it is unreal! I hoped coming back here would rekindle my old dedication and get me back on track! im glad to see a real 'at home community' within the minimins sw community iykwim! xx

Yes I felt she had favourites in my class and I definitely wasn't paying £4.95 to be ignored lol xx I've got the kick up the bum I need by losing 13lbs in 6 weeks so that's enough with help from people on here to keep me on track doing it alone :D

On the issue about superfree food, the latest magazine as a recipe for tomato soup & its lush :D I tried it last week thinking it would turn out wrong or just taste bland but it was fab :D Definitely recommend it :D

Back