DOING SW FROM HOME???

My Mushy Pea Curry was a success!!! :D So nice making it last night & having it today as it tasted so much nicer re-heated and thickened up more. The whole family had it (dad n bro added chicken to theirs! Me and mum had ours as it was as were doing a Green Day) x

hi Tilly, what's your average weekly weight loss been? has it been slow and steady, how long has it taken you to get to your current weight? sorry for all questions but your stats very similar and feel encouraged reading your success...!!

I just had a box of mini smarties for 3 syns! So satisfying!!

Welcome new peeps xx

3 syns? Really? I gotta get some of those! Felt like I wasted 8 syns on my malteser bunny today!

Yes!! 67 cal per box... So maybe 3.5 actually... But definitely a perfect little choc hit!! :)

Hi Hun & Welcome to our lovely group!
Your stats are almost identical to mine! I'm 5ft3.5inches and when I started last year I weighed 10st11lbs which to some people doesn't sound much but for me it was the heaviest I'd ever been and I was starting to become annoyed with nothing fitting me so needed to do something about it! I'm now 9st9lbs and even though it's taken me longer to lose it I'm seeing it as a change in lifestyle rather than a diet!

Good Luck anyway and were here if u need to ask anything :) x

Well done on the weight loss that's fab! Gives me encouragement that it can be done:) Would love to be 9st9 - that's how much I weighed before I was pregnant (and I thought I was overweight then ha!) hoping to eventually get down to 9st - will be fab just to fit in my jeans again I literally wear the same few dresses and leggings coz I refuse to buy new jeans!

Hi new ladies, you have found a great group here. Lots of support and advice when you need it and so many great food ideas you can't go wrong :)

I've had one of Miss P's curries tonight, delicious as always with her recipes. I doubled up on many of the spices this time to give it an extra kick and had carrot & swede mash rather than rice. Yummy!

Good luck with all the interviews tomorrow, I will check in regularly for news :) Ruth x

Hi ladies,

I'm new to minimins and only started SW in Jan. I'm going it online this time as can't get to classes with work and other commitments.

It's nice to see so many people willing to help each other and provide help/encouragement.
?

Thanks for the luck guys! Ooh, didn't realise there were three of us with interviews tomorrow - I have my fingers crossed for the three of us and am sending positive thoughts your ways! Quite excited for mine, just really really hope I get it as it is perfect for me :)

Had a good day food wise! Just been really hungry :\ Updates on my food diary, finally :) x

Woops! Just eaten a fudge bar... Not overly worried though! Just glad I've had an 'on plan' day :) x

Well I've just swam a mile - first time I've done that for well over a year. Feeling really motivated to do exercise this week. Aiming to do a run before my other half goes to work in the morning - ha will see how that works out when my alarm goes off at 7! Food wise not too bad today probably over syns slightly as I went out for lunch and there was dressing on the salad and some sneaky pesto in there too - hopefully the swim will compensate. It does seem at bit harsh that you don't get extra syns for exercising with sw I guess it speeds up weight loss that way but still:-( hope you are all having a nice evening x

Well I've just swam a mile - first time I've done that for well over a year. Feeling really motivated to do exercise this week. Aiming to do a run before my other half goes to work in the morning - ha will see how that works out when my alarm goes off at 7! Food wise not too bad today probably over syns slightly as I went out for lunch and there was dressing on the salad and some sneaky pesto in there too - hopefully the swim will compensate. It does seem at bit harsh that you don't get extra syns for exercising with sw I guess it speeds up weight loss that way but still:-( hope you are all having a nice evening x

Well done :D
Im off to do Aqua Fit tomorrow morning and got it planned on Thursday as well :D Good news as I have got my birthday on Wednesday so all that dancing in water should benefit the eating and drinking lol xx

Thanks for the luck guys! Ooh, didn't realise there were three of us with interviews tomorrow - I have my fingers crossed for the three of us and am sending positive thoughts your ways! Quite excited for mine, just really really hope I get it as it is perfect for me :)

Had a good day food wise! Just been really hungry :\ Updates on my food diary, finally :) x

Good luck hun! Am extremely nervous for tomorrow, is a job out of my depths a little but I would love it. Been cramming in some reading tonight but now off to bed.

Fingers crossed we all get the jobs! But very much doubt I will, really hope you do tho!! x x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

hi Tilly, what's your average weekly weight loss been? has it been slow and steady, how long has it taken you to get to your current weight? sorry for all questions but your stats very similar and feel encouraged reading your success...!!

Hi Andi!
Yes our stats are similar too! Well I lost 1/2 stone on my own between April-July then went the class and lost another 1/2 stone between July-Sept but then had a few months off between Oct-Nov then 2 naughty weeks over Xmas so started up again 1st July. I'm not far off target now so not being as strict. I see it as a change of lifestyle rather than a diet so I'm still having things I fancy or have a night out as that's what life's all about not being strict 100% of the time! For me it's like 1lb loss a week and I'm happy anything else is a bonus and a gain or STS I know I've had a bad week enjoying myself!
Good Luck xx

Well done on the weight loss that's fab! Gives me encouragement that it can be done:) Would love to be 9st9 - that's how much I weighed before I was pregnant (and I thought I was overweight then ha!) hoping to eventually get down to 9st - will be fab just to fit in my jeans again I literally wear the same few dresses and leggings coz I refuse to buy new jeans!

You'll be fine once u get your head around it! I lost 4lbs in my 1st ever week doing SW and it's the most I've ever lost in a week so was made up! Now I'm lucky to get 1lb but as ive mentioned I'm not being as strict as I used to be! The body is weird as well tho coz some weeks I really tried and lost hardly anything and other weeks im naughty and still get a loss? Think it all boils down to - water intake, time if the month, excercise and how much superfree! I deffo recommend Hot Lemon Water! I love carbs so I do mainly Green Days with a few EE but love my Hex's!!
I don't feel loads different considering I've lost over a stone! My Boyf says I'm wasting away and not to go too mad as I'm losing my curves!
Good Luck & any questions just ask! X

Good Luck to Laura, Jen & Rosie for tomorro!! Were all routing for you!!! X

Evening all. Wow everyone seems so focused with exercise at the moment. I swam 60 lengths Saturday, did 30 minutes aerobics on the wii fit last night, swam 26 lengths (would of been more but they shut the M25 so we were late to the pool) and have done 8 minutes boxercise, 2 minutes hula hoop, 10 minutes copy stepping and free stepping 2270 steps in 20 minutes this evening. Hoping to swim tomorrow if I can persuade my children to go again plus a bit more wii fit tomorrow evening. Food wise, 100% on plan and I am so hoping finally to get a loss this week. Good luck with all your job interviews, none of you will need it as you are all fab. Well done on all losses. Keep up the good work everyone and sleep well x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi everyone, I had been doing slimming world for a couple of months and lost over a stone and a half but I've fallen very ill and can no longer get out of the house. I still have the recipe books and starter pack and all that other in stuff so I'm going to be continuing with the diet from home. I'm tempted to sign up online but £60 is a big chunk for me to put down all in one go when I had only just been able to find my £5 a week before so I think I'm going to have to give that a miss.

Hi everyone, I had been doing slimming world for a couple of months and lost over a stone and a half but I've fallen very ill and can no longer get out of the house. I still have the recipe books and starter pack and all that other in stuff so I'm going to be continuing with the diet from home. I'm tempted to sign up online but £60 is a big chunk for me to put down all in one go when I had only just been able to find my £5 a week before so I think I'm going to have to give that a miss.

Hi scifitentacles sorry to hear your poorly at the moment, life is so hard sometimes! There's a lot of support here for people doing it on their own and i'm addicted to this site already! I also can't afford to go to group and I get in so late from work etc it just wouldn't suit my lifestyle. I have been to sw before I had my son and lost 2.5st but of course it's all back on again plus more lol I'm addicted to pastry and bread, sw helps me to cut down on that and it's going well so far 'fingers crossed'. Good luck in your sw journey xxx :)

Back