DOING SW FROM HOME???

Need help quick - going to sainsbury's this morning to buy a cake for my friends birthday, any one got any ideas what would be a good one to buy? I normally get the taste the difference carrot cake but it 14 syns per portion and the box says it should split 6 ways but we always cut it into quarters!!! HELP! :/

Need help quick - going to sainsbury's this morning to buy a cake for my friends birthday, any one got any ideas what would be a good one to buy? I normally get the taste the difference carrot cake but it 14 syns per portion and the box says it should split 6 ways but we always cut it into quarters!!! HELP! :/

Well if you have the quarter it'll be 21 syns... Best thing to do with cake, whatever kind, is to cut a small slice and weigh it! I have the books so if you have 25g of whatever cake you get, tell me and I can work out the syns for it :) x

Hi Ladies, very positive group this morning, 1st of March and the sun has come out, looks like a lovely day, wish I didn't have to spend it in doors stuck at a desk all day!!

Ok I need some advice, going to lunch today with my boss for a business meeting, its a Thai restaurant whats the best thing I can eat, weigh day tomorrow so don't want to mess up myself as I am hoping for some good results. Will have a good SW tea this evening and am planning on going for at least a 4 mile walk this evening so hope I'll be ok. Got a new SW book that explains the Red and Green plans and gives some great meal ideas and reciepes so going to study that over the weekend and mis it up a bit next week.

Have a great weekend everyone and good luck to anyone with weighins.

Polly

Thanks for all the congrats everyone :D

The job is an apprenticeship at a nursery so 30 hours a week at the nursery and then a day at college every week, too :) Agreed to start today but then panicked last night and felt like a right idiot cause I was excited at the time when I said I'd start today, but didn't realise I had to sort out stuff about my JSA first! Been trying to call the jobcentre so I could just go in and work today, but they won't answer :( Had to call up and re-arrange to start on Monday!! Going into the Jobcentre today to get it all sorted, just annoyed I didn't remember this yesterday haha... Never mind, the people I spoke to at the nursery were really nice about it when I called up both last night and this morning, so that's alright! :D

Thinking about lowering my weight loss target to 10.5st as I think that scares me less than 10st! Really want to start losing weight and eating healthily again as it really does help with all aspects of life :)

Ahhh Icurez, so happy for you! Must feel great to get past that block and I'm so glad you managed to keep going - you're so much stronger than me!!

Hope everyone's enjoying their Friday! X

Pork had been rubbed and shortly to go in the oven!!

Does anyone have a syn free coleslaw they can recommend?? I've never found a good one so tend to use the Asda extra light at 1/2 syn per tbsp...
Thx xx

Pork had been rubbed and shortly to go in the oven!!

Does anyone have a syn free coleslaw they can recommend?? I've never found a good one so tend to use the Asda extra light at 1/2 syn per tbsp...
Thx xx

I just thinly slice some cabbage, onion and apple (you don't have to have apple, but I love it in coleslaw!) grate some carrot and mix in a tbsp of Light mayo (2 syns) and half a tbsp of light salad cream (1 syns). :)

I just thinly slice some cabbage, onion and apple (you don't have to have apple, but I love it in coleslaw!) grate some carrot and mix in a tbsp of Light mayo (2 syns) and half a tbsp of light salad cream (1 syns). :)

thanks Laura :) Ive always made my own as Its so much nicer than bought... But you just can't beat real mayo hey??!

Recon ill just go with it! Should be pretty minimal syn wise!

Gonna make BBQ sauce too yum, mouth is watering!

I just chop up loads of cabbage carrot and red onion with salt cumin lemon pepper and ff fromage frais or x light mayo xx

All this talk of coleslaw......I want some but no cabbage! Tucking into gammon and egg salad which is very yummy :))))

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

I'm actually being restrained and on plan today! Yey. Might even treat myself to some choc as its WI day (paaaa I treat myself everyday who am I kidding!) x

Oh my - the smell coming from the oven is A M A Z I N G!!!

I think I need to go out for a bit to stop myself getting too ravenous! I can't wait! Thanks for your help ladies x

I am totally stuck!! I just can not get out of the 10.0's!!!!
I'm going from 10.8 to 10.2 to 10.6 then back to 10.8 etc etc etc!! I so badly want to see the 9's :(

So i went out this morn to aldi and a local fruit and veg shop and stocked up on superfree and got a big net of lemons to drown myself in hot water and lemon!

I know they say its harder if you don't have much to loose but I just don't think I'm meant to be in those 9's!!! Grrrrrr.........

Hayles it can be done!! It can be tricky if you've not much to lose, but you can do it!!

I went from 10st9.5 down to 9st 2lb seven years ago before I had my children and that took me 7 months. My weight loss seems to be slow and steady this time too and I want to lose just over a stone.
Before this i had spent years trying to get back into the 10s and have finally made it and kept it off for 2 months…

Stick with it, you'll be there soon :) xx

Egg noodles are free on ee aren't they?

Sweet and sour pork for tea :)

You can do it hayles :) will take longer cos not much to loose but you will do it. I didn't think I'd ever see the 10s, stuck in 11s for ages. Keep positive! Did your coke chicken work last night? xx

You can do it hayles :) will take longer cos not much to loose but you will do it. I didn't think I'd ever see the 10s, stuck in 11s for ages. Keep positive! Did your coke chicken work last night? xx

Nope, it was a disaster!!!! I couldn't get it to thicken up at all! I left it simmering for ages, but nothing :/
Don't know what I did wrong???

Mmmmm, not sure. I only did it the once, didn't like it much but people rave about it. Maybe needed some passata or something. Annoying tho hun! Did you eat it anyway, was the flavour ok? Maybe Laura can shed some light, think she's done it a few times x

Yeah we ate it anyway with rice and it did taste nice I just would have loved it to thicken up properly!! My son (7) LOVED it though, had seconds and even checked for thirds ha ha so it couldn't have been that bad!!!!!!

Nope, it was a disaster!!!! I couldn't get it to thicken up at all! I left it simmering for ages, but nothing :/
Don't know what I did wrong???

You've got to have it proper bubbling away on a really high heat until it thickens! Sometimes can help to do it in a frying pan rather than saucepan too as there's a bigger surface area so it reduces the sauce quicker :) It can seem like it's not thickening for ages and then it'll suddenly start to go sticky :)

Oh and if you've got chicken in it etc, might be best to take that out (once it's cooked) and set aside while you're reducing the sauce as otherwise it might overcook! x

Yeah I had it in a frying pan cause I saw that tip on here before!!! The recipe I followed said to let it boil then to simmer it slowly to thicken!!!!! I thought that didn't make sense alrite - when I try it again ill leave it bubbling!

Back