DOING SW FROM HOME???

Yeah I had it in a frying pan cause I saw that tip on here before!!! The recipe I followed said to let it boil then to simmer it slowly to thicken!!!!! I thought that didn't make sense alrite - when I try it again ill leave it bubbling!

No problem :) Yeah, cause there's no thickening agent, it's thickened by reducing and to reduce you need it boiling to evaporate as much water as possible :) x

Yeah I had it in a frying pan cause I saw that tip on here before!!! The recipe I followed said to let it boil then to simmer it slowly to thicken!!!!! I thought that didn't make sense alrite - when I try it again ill leave it bubbling!

I made it tonight... mine didnt thicken either. Had it boiling for about half hour maybe even 45 mins.

Had to add sone cornflour in the end. Was really nice though. Xx

Dinner! Thank you all inspriational people! Xxx

ForumRunner_20130301_195508.png

Looks good Lou! Was yours spicy? BBQ sauce good?

I did a pork stir fry with noodles, unbelievably yummy. I haven't had noodles in about a year, sooooo happy that the odd ee day is working for me :)

ForumRunner_20130301_202653.png

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

It was amazing! Medium spicy, I didn't have the amount of paprika as end of jar so chucked it all in! 15g sugar instead of 50.. delish!
BBQ sauce was fab, I made your recipe last weekend with tin toms but the passata was great- just chucked the whole carton in as I can use for another meal :)

OH loved it, mini celebration of end of contract.. he no longer mostly lives in Macclesfield! But.... Off to Army for next 2 weeks, so he literally has 12 hours home!

Recon on 5 syns for dinner to allow for mayo, sugar and slaw! Perfect x

charl, tried the kiev last nite....gorgeous! thanks for the recipe. home made sw chips n sweetcorn, certainly didn't seem like a slimming tea!!!! xx

I got the job guys :D So happy! Was a lovely day, despite feeling completely out of it with a horrible cold! Think it's going around though, everyone seems to have it! Got to that stage where my nose is red and raw from all the tissues! Ouch! Still, really not the end of the world :p

Charl, that soup looks lovely :) Was really fancying a tin of Heinz soup the other day so might have to give that a try :) So many things building up for me to try, I better get back to SW soon haha!

Ooh, love gel nails :D Was getting them done every four weeks a while back but last lot I ripped off! Was just after my Grandad died and they were doing my head in and I needed a distraction! Was good to pick all the bits off, but left my nails in such a state! They're just about repaired now, thank god :) Been so tempted lately to go get a massage as I love them - they're the most relaxing, lovely thing ever! Defo going to get a pedicure too when the suns out properly and I can wear sandals to show them off :D x
well done Laura...xx

I know this is completely unrelated but I have to share my latest achievement!!

On a food note, I've opened the Lanson!! Not so good, but I shall mdke up for it tomorrow :()

ForumRunner_20130301_213533.png

No worries love! I love that! Might have to make it next week :)

Ooo how the hell do you knit?! That's so clever I so couldn't do that at all.. Plus I have no patience whatsoever!

Currrrrry neet at ours. :)

I've been in bed for an hour and a half already! I'm so wild these days! Such a long week! Xx

Attachments

• image-2308926108.jpg
    image-2308926108.jpg
    553.2 KB · Views: 60
I think I've broken the barrier between novice and intermediate knitter lately!!
Dunno, just really enjoy it, I'm arty crafty as a rule so just one of those things I have a lot of patience for I guess!

Ooh, so need to do curry night, I've not been too successful with sw style yet...

Xx

can I join u guys please no groups near me so have to do it alone.. well with my friends but no group.. anyone from Ireland here???

Well if you have the quarter it'll be 21 syns... Best thing to do with cake, whatever kind, is to cut a small slice and weigh it! I have the books so if you have 25g of whatever cake you get, tell me and I can work out the syns for it :) x

Thanks for that, in the end we had chocolate cake which i careful measured out into 8 portions but it still came in at 16.5 syns!! Ouch! What with that and the baguette i might write today off lol. I have been really good so far though so hopefull sts this week? Oh well it's not every week your mate has a birthday!

Thanks for that, in the end we had chocolate cake which i careful measured out into 8 portions but it still came in at 16.5 syns!! Ouch! What with that and the baguette i might write today off lol. I have been really good so far though so hopefull sts this week? Oh well it's not every week your mate has a birthday!

Slimming World is a lifestyle change, not just a diet, so of course it's ok! Like you said, it was a friend's birthday :) You've just got to learn to strike the balance, and it seems like you definitely didn't go over board :) Just get back on it tomorrow and if you think it'll help you feel better about it, limit syns to 5 a day for the rest of the week though personally I wouldn't bother :) x

can I join u guys please no groups near me so have to do it alone.. well with my friends but no group.. anyone from Ireland here???

Meeeee!! I'm from Kerry - there's no groups here either. But I think I'm happy to just plod along on my own! I have the books (even though they are a bit old) and I live on this site so am doing ok.
Good luck with it :)

You'll probably find your cals were not too bad because you were careful around the cake :) xx

Meeeee!! I'm from Kerry - there's no groups here either. But I think I'm happy to just plod along on my own! I have the books (even though they are a bit old) and I live on this site so am doing ok.

Where on Kerry?? In a regular visitor to Cork and Kerry, west coast :) xx

Slimming World is a lifestyle change, not just a diet, so of course it's ok! Like you said, it was a friend's birthday :) You've just got to learn to strike the balance, and it seems like you definitely didn't go over board :) Just get back on it tomorrow and if you think it'll help you feel better about it, limit syns to 5 a day for the rest of the week though personally I wouldn't bother :) x

Laura, you are always there with wise words chick xx thank you xx

Hi and welcome I'm from Dublin, there's lots of SW meetings here but never been to one. Someone here always knows the answer to you''re questions!

Back