DOING SW FROM HOME???

I usually have about 300mls of it love. I much prefer it to skimmed or semi skimmed x

Hey Ladies!
Just managed to catch up on 4 days of chit chat haha!
Hope everyone's well!
I've had an on-off weekend so nervous about WI on Wed...only time will tell I suppose!
x

Absolutely freezing here in Dublin this morning, car was covered in ice, I still haven't thawed out!!
good luck with the weigh ins ladies hope you get good results.

I am having a green day today so I can have white pasta in lasagne tonight... cooking for 8 tonight... and needed something that doesn't seem SW so Im using cottage cheese and cheddar instead of cheese sauce so I can use as hex a cheese.

Last edited:
I need to cook an easy, fail safe one pot dinner on Tuesday for 7 (5 of which are grown men!) ... Ive never found a sw casserole that isn't a bit too watery.. so I'm just not sure..

Does anyone have a tasty treat they can recommend that might work?

Thanks lovelies xx

Hey :)

I love the hairy dieters cassoulet - it's very man friendly too! You can make small tweaks to make it slimming world friendly (low syn sausages - it's only 1 sausage per person, and use water instead of wine, although again per person it wouldn't be many syns.)

It's delicious. Here's the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/our_special_cassoulet_05208

Hi there
I too am resorting to slimming from home.
I find it much easier logging everything whilst at my pc, I found the group I attended took far too long, the consultant tended to lose track of herself and I found it ended up getting long winded and boring. But that is just my opinion.
So fingers crossed I manage to lose some weight and keep it off xx

Hey :)

I love the hairy dieters cassoulet - it's very man friendly too! You can make small tweaks to make it slimming world friendly (low syn sausages - it's only 1 sausage per person, and use water instead of wine, although again per person it wouldn't be many syns.)

It's delicious. Here's the link:

BBC - Food - Recipes : Our special cassoulet

We use this as well on many occasion, like you say, small tweaks make it SW friendly and it easy for feeding the family xx

I'm very interested in doing Slimming World, but would have to do it online as I live in SW France. I have a school friend who has lost loads of weight on SW, and she's inspired me. I've lost weight on the Dukan, but it's boring me now & I'd like to see if another weight loss programme can work for me, and be less restrictive. For any of you who are doing the SW online & not based in UK, do you find it easy to follow, and buy the relevant food suggested? I really like having meetings & weigh ins (which I used to do with WW) as it was so motivational & a kick up the backside... I'm worried I'll cheat doing it alone.... although this forum is very supportive... Thanks.

First week doing SW from home and i'm down 5lbs! thrilled!!! bring on next week!

Well done bubbles from a fellow country woman

I need to cook an easy, fail safe one pot dinner on Tuesday for 7 (5 of which are grown men!) ... Ive never found a sw casserole that isn't a bit too watery.. so I'm just not sure..

Does anyone have a tasty treat they can recommend that might work?

Thanks lovelies xx

Hi

SW Pork, apple and lentil stew off the web site is really nice, I cook it alot for my family, the lentils sock up the liquid and thicken it up. Its also very filling!

Its based on 4 people but you could just double the numbers.

Its a couple of syns per person, because of the cooked apple, but its really yummy!

I was going to do it today, had a convo with Charl about this morning, but then was advised by my bfs cousin who is personal trainer not to do it. She just said that I'm better off stick to SW as I could trigger 'starvation mode' by fasting like that which would stop me losing weight. Whether she was trying to scare me I don't know but it worked and I'm staying with SW!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I thought that first, but then your body only really goes into starvation mode after prolonged periods of extreme lowered calories, with 5:2 because your 2 fasting days are seperate its not really that prolonged. I dunno im trialing it for a month and see how i go. I read the book and was amazed by the scientific facts that back it up, but i also then watched the programme, 'Eat, Fast and live longer' by michael mosely (its on dailymotion if anyone wants to watch it) and its incredible!

Oh well we shall see how it goes, i guess sometimes it all boils down to experimenting and what works best! I shall keep you all posted! :)

Oh and apparently starvation mode isnt even proven yet, its just a theory (from what i've heard) lol who knows hey!

Back