DOING SW FROM HOME???

She probably said it to scare me then! Maybe I'll look into it a bit more before I commit to it.
I'm not into fad diets so I'm always a bit wary of it, but I had heard pretty good things about it.
I'm focusing on calorie counting at the moment with SW using MFP on my phone, seeing how that goes.
Anyway good luck with it & look forward to seeing how you get on x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

She probably said it to scare me then! Maybe I'll look into it a bit more before I commit to it.
I'm not into fad diets so I'm always a bit wary of it, but I had heard pretty good things about it.
I'm focusing on calorie counting at the moment with SW using MFP on my phone, seeing how that goes.
Anyway good luck with it & look forward to seeing how you get on x

Hi Tonianne, I'm also calorie counting with MFP while following SW how many calories are you sticking too?

I put in that I want to lose 2lbs a week and its calculated 1200 cals per day. X

Same as me so, I did a green day yesterday and found it hard to eat 1200 cals, had a total of 1108 and that included, a packet of low cal crisps at 100, a WW bar at 100 and a pink and white wafer at 50 cal which I worked out to be around 12 syns, I had 3 syns used from earlier in the day so didn't want to use anymore, plus I was full with all the fruit and veg I ate. MFP told be off for not eating enough!!:D

Ladies

I would just like to point out that SW is all about not depriving yourself of food (losing weight without going hungry) , it is not a diet it is a change of life style and if followed correctly does work and is sustainable for life.

forget counting calories and points
forget weighing and measuring
forget deprivation
forget hunger
forget boredom

You will not get the long term loses that you are looking for if you mix and max it with other diets and programs - give it ago for 12 weeks 100% and you will see the results.

Ladies

I would just like to point out that SW is all about not depriving yourself of food (losing weight without going hungry) , it is not a diet it is a change of life style and if followed correctly does work and is sustainable for life.

forget deprivation
forget hunger
forget boredom

You will not get the long term loses that you are looking for if you mix and max it with other diets and programs - give it ago for 12 weeks 100% and you will see the results.

I've been doing it since September and have lost 2 stone so I know it works. I don't feel deprived or hungry, that's not why I'm doing the calorie counting, I'm using it in conjunction with SW because this month I'm finding it difficult with certain commitments to stay on SW everyday. So I use calorie counting on my phone to make sure that even on days where I'm not religiously sticking to SW I am still not going over a certain amount of calories. I'm the first to say its a lifestyle change not a diet.

Same as me so, I did a green day yesterday and found it hard to eat 1200 cals, had a total of 1108 and that included, a packet of low cal crisps at 100, a WW bar at 100 and a pink and white wafer at 50 cal which I worked out to be around 12 syns, I had 3 syns used from earlier in the day so didn't want to use anymore, plus I was full with all the fruit and veg I ate. MFP told be off for not eating enough!!:D

Exactly, certain SW days on plan I end up under cals that MFP suggests anyway! :)
I just know that it keeps me in line on days when I'm not necessarily following the rules ;)

I know someone ages ago was talking about mayo and I found a decent one from sainsbos. The be good to yourself one only has 1syn/Tbsp and it isn't bad at all syn wise and it tastes nice. I like adding mayo to pasta as I find it much more creamier then cheese or quark and that splits. Too much heat I suspect.

Gained 3.2 lbs this week but *week and did have cake at conference. I don't feel heavier then last week so I think it's mostly *week (will find out next week for sure)

Exactly, certain SW days on plan I end up under cals that MFP suggests anyway! :)
I just know that it keeps me in line on days when I'm not necessarily following the rules ;)

Me too. Once I had added my swimming in yesterday I had 803 calories left but was too fill to eat them and that was after a hot chocolate with squirty cream x

Ladies

forget deprivation
forget hunger
forget boredom

Even though it is a lifestyle change, it is a blimin diet cos you can't eat what you want lol I get very frustrated at having to work out what food 'i can' eat, planning etc so it is a diet imo! It may well be a very good long term diet, but a diet nonetheless!! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Noooooooo not the dreaded D word haha. Whatever it is it works. Although I agree about being totally fed up at the moment of constantly thinking can I have this, no I cant. This week isn't going well for that reason but you know what? I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I will get back to normal once my heads in the right place.

Even though it is a lifestyle change, it is a blimin diet cos you can't eat what you want lol I get very frustrated at having to work out what food 'i can' eat, planning etc so it is a diet imo! It may well be a very good long term diet, but a diet nonetheless!! :)

That made me laugh.

Ladies

forget deprivation
forget hunger
forget boredom

That's all well and good but SW as a plan doesn't work for everyone, I have to cal count as well or I don't lose.. It's about making the plan work the best way for yourself, I did EE for 4 months and lost 1/2 a stone! It was only when I started cal tracking also to keep an eye on what I was consuming I lost weight consistently. So yes that might work for some but not everyone!

SW SHOULD teach people about calorie control as eating 3000 calories of pasta because its 'free' will make you gain weight.

That's all well and good but SW as a plan doesn't work for everyone, I have to cal count as well or I don't lose.. It's about making the plan work the best way for yourself, I did EE for 4 months and lost 1/2 a stone! It was only when I started cal tracking also to keep an eye on what I was consuming I lost weight consistently. So yes that might work for some but not everyone!

SW SHOULD teach people about calorie control as eating 3000 calories of pasta because its 'free' will make you gain weight.

:)

Loving the banter tonight ladies, who would've thought three little letters, MFP, would cause such debate!

I used to use mfp, but got really peed off with inputting everything, even more of a blimin diet lol :)

Haha I just like to see how many calories are in things, you don't realise how much some things have in them.
I do love a good debate :) it wouldn't do us all to think the same, it's what makes life interesting.

Fed up tonight, banished to the bedroom because the football is on! Oh the joys of having a man utd fan for a boyfriend! I wouldn't mind but its not like I can sleep because he's shouting at the tv, good job we don't have kids because they'd learn a few naughty words listening to him! It gives me the opportunity to read my kindle though, I do love reading, I think the £110 I spent on it last year is probably the best money I've ever spent because I've read so much on it it's practically paid for itself.

We had footie on, I stole the remote and we now have come dine with me!

Back