DOING SW FROM HOME???

Well, I`ve been dithering for a few days about 5:2 and have come to some sort of decision. No point starting til I come back from helping mum on her holiday. Won`t be able to resist the food on offer! However, there`s no real reason why I can`t make a start when I get back, which is a week on Monday. I`ll just have to time my fasting days for when I`m not doing anything in particular. Hopefully I can get through the birthdays without pigging out.

I have noticed that my old snacking habits have started to creep back. Need to give myself a bit of a talking to!!

Do need to find out the calorie value of eggs. They might make a good breakfast on fast days. A mushroom omelette might be ok rather than scrambled eggs. I know that I won`t be able to go the whole day without eating. If I don`t have breakfast I`m more likely to eat things I shouldn`t!!:)

What do 5:2er`s think about WW ready meals? Are they an option on fasting days? Need to kick start my weight loss. Starting to feel really sluggish and blurgh!! :)

Am a little confused! So you fast for 2 days and eat sw foods for 5 days?? Why would you want to do that? I thought it was a fast for 2, eat what you like for 5, else, what's the point? xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Well im making up this fasting marlarkey up as. I. Go along at the min. I have been fasting for 24 hours evening to evening for the last 3days which isn't how it's supposed to be done but I'm out for a meal and drinks tonight so I guess I am trying to save my calories. The reason im liking the sound of this diet is so i don't feel bad when i do go for meals out and have some wine - usually i end up just having a binge weekend after a night out coz i think sod it ive blown it anyway and that's why I never lose weight - im forever starting again on monday but never actually lose any weight. I'm planning on doing the normal 5:2 routine on Monday and Thursday next week and saving my 500cals til teatime - I have not struggled avoiding food during the day so far and considering I'm at home most days coz I'm on mat leave I thought it would be hard with having a fridge full of food and making my little boy food (although mush isn't too appealing:) - but in the back of my head I know I'm going to have a lovely meal tonight and not feel guilty in the slightest whilst I'm eating it or feeling restricted that I can't have that extra glass of wine. I'm not going to calorie count in the days off but probably still have sw friendly meals and keep it healthy during the week. Its made me realise I don't need 3 big meals a day - I literally just eat out of habit and I'm hoping this route will help break these bad habits. I'm hoping to do it as a long term plan because I really believe in the long term health benefits but we will see how it works out for the next month or so! I'm 30 on the 13th April so gonna stick at it til then and see if I can fit into my size 12dress on the night. Fingers crossed and good luck to anyone else who is trying this out x

iv chosen to do SW on the other 5 days because i truly believe its a healthier lifestyle. not eating or eating very less for 2 days and then binging out on rubbish for the other 5 days defys the point really as you aren't incorporating a healthy lifestyle. I know I was to follow the plan and then eat what I want on non fast days, i'd eat so much junk that I really don't think it would support my weight loss or even be maintainable when I get to target. I actually enjoy eating SW style and its how i plan to eat for the rest of my life.

I'd ask a gp about the 5:2 diet before starting it with SW, by eating SW food 5 days a week and fasting the other 2 I'm not entirely sure you'd be getting enought good fats, fibre and calcium. As SW obviously restricts these anyway.. Id look into it more before mixing them fully?

I'd ask a gp about the 5:2 diet before starting it with SW, by eating SW food 5 days a week and fasting the other 2 I'm not entirely sure you'd be getting enought good fats, fibre and calcium. As SW obviously restricts these anyway.. Id look into it more before mixing them fully?

Well that's what I thought! Hence the confusion, surely not enough calories. No-one go fainting now!

It says to eat a balanced diet, not pig out, and to be honest if I didn't have some restriction I'd be the size of a house again. I won't be as strict as slimming world but I'll be using the principles just to keep me from going completely off the rails!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

And I agree with MissPeriPeri I'm never good at weekends so I'm sure I'll be ok!

ladies

Please be carefull with the 5:2 fasting diet (I am worried about you), I tried it last year, which is why I put up the original comments about it.

I ended up fainting at work on a fast day about 4 weeks in. My boss was not happy when he found out what I had been doing (and hes a total health freak, he did the RAM last year and beat the UK time!)

I agree with the others talk to you GP about it first, I wish I had. x

After a really **** day, just got the phonecall offering me the job!!!! I am shocked, excited and a little scared lol xxx

great news Jen well done

Back on it... well apart from a bad day yesterday was fine until I decided to have some wine then you know the rest..blah blah blah, starting properly tomorrow (Apart from sunday obviously, hubs has been told no presents of wine or choccies from the kids) as Sat is then my WI day so this week has being easing myself back in gently anyway, got a pork goulash in the Slow cooker and am so glad I made it today with it being cold and miserable outside, not made one before and it's smelling good, cals asked if he could have some for tea so it must smell ok...lol EE today so I can have rice with it and seeing and using my hex's as tweeks today as I had white toast and shared a little of hubs lunch....

ave a good weekend ladies xxxx

So tired! Today dragged and everything seemed to take 10x longer than normal, so glad to be home and in PJs now :) Loving all the 5:2 talk - hmm, thinking we could set up a new thread somewhere else for those of us doing/going to try it?

I'm going to copy Toni and have Monday and Friday next week as my fasting days :) Bit worried about working and fasting, but it'll be a lot easier than fasting on a day off as there'd be so much temptation!

So tired! Today dragged and everything seemed to take 10x longer than normal, so glad to be home and in PJs now :) Loving all the 5:2 talk - hmm, thinking we could set up a new thread somewhere else for those of us doing/going to try it?

I'm going to copy Toni and have Monday and Friday next week as my fasting days :) Bit worried about working and fasting, but it'll be a lot easier than fasting on a day off as there'd be so much temptation!

For those of us trying 5:2, I've set up a little thread! http://www.minimins.com/5-2-fasting/310826-doing-5-2-home-d.html#post6166125 :) Hope to see you over there! x

Thank you for your concern.
I will definitely be keeping an eye on how I feel during fast days, if I feel rubbish then I won't do this method. I'm not a doctor but I'm healthy in every other aspect of my life, blood pressure is spot on, no diabetes or anything else so I'm hoping that 24 hours of fasting will just be a test of my willpower more than anything else. If I have any reaction to it whatsoever I will definitely seek advice before continuing.

Laura - I've subscribed & written a little essay haha!

Evening ladies!!
On another note... I've just used Warburtons thins as a tweak for pizza... Yumm!! Topped with tomatoes, garlic and onion and a hexA mix of cheddar, mozzarella and some ricotta.. then chucked a load of rocket on top to wilt after it came out of the oven.. omg.. delish!!

The kids are having my homemade dough which I love, but this was a good alternative!

Happy Friday lovely peeps xx

Evening ladies!!
On another note... I've just used Warburtons thins as a tweak for pizza... Yumm!! Topped with tomatoes, garlic and onion and a hexA mix of cheddar, mozzarella and some ricotta.. then chucked a load of rocket on top to wilt after it came out of the oven.. omg.. delish!!

The kids are having my homemade dough which I love, but this was a good alternative!

Happy Friday lovely peeps xx

OOoh I'll have to get some of those thins and try them, pity you can't just make your own pizza dough with wholemeal flour and be able to count it as a hex lol

I know!! I usually use wholemeal roll, but these were yum. They are a 'tweak' though as they are brown not wholemeal so not really a hex, but once in a while.... :)

Back