DOING SW FROM HOME???

Grannie, I cannot wait! Think it'll be the focus I need right now :)

What's U3A? Anything that gets ones brain going sounds good!

It`s University Of The Third Age. Each local branch is semi-independant.
There`s a variety of activities and courses run by the members for the members. Could be anything from military history to crochet!! As well as lunch clubs, bowls and outings.

There`s no lower joining age. You just have to not be in full time employment, although you can be part time.
Tends to be 50-somethings and upwards. Those of us no longer working.

Oh Jen that's just so awful and you feel so helpless :(

Rosielea, I love making up my own spices :) glad you eaten.. I am a bit crap at eating when it's just me normally, but I've been much better since sw I have to say :)

Normally, I eat properly, but been feeling low and lost my appetite. Before stress brought overeating but these days it is starvation.

By the way U3A is for retired people to share their skills - that is what my neighbour told me.

Here is a picture of my dinner tonight and curry paste was dead easy (3 cloves garlic, piece of ginger grated, chopped 4 chillies and mixed with 1 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, coriander powder, cumin powder, 5 green cardimom, 3 cloves) and then put some canned tomato. It was lovely and got loads left for another 3 meas.

Attachments

• IMG_0446.jpg
    IMG_0446.jpg
    804 KB · Views: 61
I teach secondary school...I wouldn't do anything else!!! The politics are a nightmare but the kids, even the little sods are worth it! I'm looking outward to trying this paella!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I teach secondary school...I wouldn't do anything else!!! The politics are a nightmare but the kids, even the little sods are worth it! I'm looking outward to trying this paella!! Xxx

I quite like the challenge .) of those kids !

I quite like the challenge .) of those kids !

U3A sounds ace I think it's important to share your knowledge what ever age you are. I love sharing with my friends what I know And hope I can learn from all of them.. But Someone needs to teach me to crochet!!

It's on my diary now xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Happy mummy's day all!! Done a night shift, now staying up a bit more so hubby can have a lie-in! Oliver has given me a candle that he bought, "smells of cabbage and grapes mummy, it's yummy" I love my 4yr old lol xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

U3A sounds ace I think it's important to share your knowledge what ever age you are. I love sharing with my friends what I know And hope I can learn from all of them.. But Someone needs to teach me to crochet!!

If I could put my hands through the computer I`d teach you!! It`s great fun!!

Having been told all week not to have anything planned for today I`ve just found out why.
Got a text from my granddaughter.

We`re to turn up at my son`s house for lunch. She and her cousin are cooking lunch for mother`s day.
They`re aged 13 and 11 :)

Having been told all week not to have anything planned for today I`ve just found out why.
Got a text from my granddaughter.

We`re to turn up at my son`s house for lunch. She and her cousin are cooking lunch for mother`s day.
They`re aged 13 and 11 :)

Ah that's lovely! Enjoy :)

Hi all,

I wondered whether anyone had tried the 5 2 fast diet in conjunction with SW? I have heard a few of my friends mention it and did a search online and there was a program on bbc about it last year. Apparently it has all sorts of health benefits along with weight loss. The principles are you eat normally for 5 days of the week and the 'fast' for 2 non consecutive days. The fast days consist of less than 500 calories for women and 600 for men.

Summary from website
The 5:2 diet: what is it and how does it work?
• With the 5:2 diet, you can eat whatever you like five days a week — so-called feeding days. On the two “fasting days” you eat 500 calories if you are a woman, or 600 calories if you are a man.
• It doesn’t matter which days are spent “feeding” and which “fasting”, as long as the fasting days are non-consecutive and you stick to the 5:2 ratio.
• On fasting days you can consume your calories in one go, or spread them through the day — there is no medical research into whether filling up at breakfast or snacking throughout the day is more effective for weight loss.

The above is taken from the telegraph site
The 5:2 diet: can it help you lose weight and live longer? - Telegraph

I wondered if this was another fad diet or if there was actually something in this and if anyone had tried it either on its own or along with SW?

many thanks

Hi all,

I wondered whether anyone had tried the 5 2 fast diet in conjunction with SW? I have heard a few of my friends mention it and did a search online and there was a program on bbc about it last year. Apparently it has all sorts of health benefits along with weight loss. The principles are you eat normally for 5 days of the week and the 'fast' for 2 non consecutive days. The fast days consist of less than 500 calories for women and 600 for men.

Summary from website
The 5:2 diet: what is it and how does it work?
• With the 5:2 diet, you can eat whatever you like five days a week — so-called feeding days. On the two “fasting days” you eat 500 calories if you are a woman, or 600 calories if you are a man.
• It doesn’t matter which days are spent “feeding” and which “fasting”, as long as the fasting days are non-consecutive and you stick to the 5:2 ratio.
• On fasting days you can consume your calories in one go, or spread them through the day — there is no medical research into whether filling up at breakfast or snacking throughout the day is more effective for weight loss.

The above is taken from the telegraph site
The 5:2 diet: can it help you lose weight and live longer? - Telegraph

I wondered if this was another fad diet or if there was actually something in this and if anyone had tried it either on its own or along with SW?

many thanks

Hey there are a few of us trying this at the moment I'm weighing in on Friday so will let you know how it goes (and I've been quite bad this weekend so would be a miracle if I've lost anything). If you search the earlier posts there has been a new thread started for those of us giving it a go you should join us on there (doing 5:2 at home I think it's called - no idea how to post a link haha) good luck x

Hey there are a few of us trying this at the moment I'm weighing in on Friday so will let you know how it goes (and I've been quite bad this weekend so would be a miracle if I've lost anything). If you search the earlier posts there has been a new thread started for those of us giving it a go you should join us on there (doing 5:2 at home I think it's called - no idea how to post a link haha) good luck x

Thank you so much. I will try and find it :)

You all can do this 5:2 craze with SW too. Be on normal SW plan for 5 days and then Success Express for 2 days (eat as much veg as you can and little protein). RESULT

Back