DOING SW FROM HOME???

My Target is 9st for October so exactly 4st to lose :eek: I am drinking so much! About 6 pints of sugar free squash a day so hopefull by the end of my first month it will have all regulated itself and I will be on track? Also I am a firm believer in not taking that much notice of the weight but rather how clothes fit etc becuase of how easily you can fluctuate. I think I will buy a pair of trousers that I want to fit into at certain stages maybe? Only Primark obviously, don't want to be wasting too much money on clothes :D

My Target is 9st for October so exactly 4st to lose :eek: I am drinking so much! About 6 pints of sugar free squash a day so hopefull by the end of my first month it will have all regulated itself and I will be on track? Also I am a firm believer in not taking that much notice of the weight but rather how clothes fit etc becuase of how easily you can fluctuate. I think I will buy a pair of trousers that I want to fit into at certain stages maybe? Only Primark obviously, don't want to be wasting too much money on clothes :D

Thats a good idea its a good indication of how much you have actually lost if you have something you can slim into. Like Jen said everyone is different I usually gain in my first week of any diet, plus if you have started exercising the body holds on to lactic acid which apparantly can add as much as four pounds but the body gets used to it and after a couple of weeks you will start loosing, just make sure you don't drink to much liquid, too much can be bad for you as it dilutes the natural salts in the body..

Good luck you'll find all the support and help you need here xxx

Crikes, that's quite a target! If you're 100% all the time, it's do-able. I started running end of Feb last year and then sw in July and reached my target of 4 stone in Feb this year. I could have done it by Dec but Christmas got in the way lol. If you're focused and motivated you can do it xxx

This thread is great, couldn't have done it without my minimins family :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Back on track today crappy few days with mothers day then this damn cold and cough has stopped me wanting to be good :(

No wine and some good red days for me, although I'm out on a girlie pizza night Sat, but decided no point waiting til sunday to start again. Just had Pain Perdu SW style for brunch to cheer myself up (1syn) having an experiment of chicken kiev style made with filo pastry instead of breadcrumbs for dinner, with butternut squash chips (my new saviour) and asparagus and spinach... just need to syn the filo..

Time to resurrect my diary set my new goals and I'm all set.... oh and dig out my lemons ;)

I'm with you Li, I was sooo chuffed getting in the 10 stones, now firmly back in the 11s, doh. Only I can turn it around so been on plan for a couple of days now. I had my coil changed a couple of weeks ago and first period since, a mega one to say the least! Def not as hormonal but really heavy and driving me to eat terribly, not good at all. Got a lovely chicken casserole in the slow cooker, I will reach my goal!!

Feeling ill is hard blimin work with this diet, oops, slap my wrist...."lifestyle change" ;-)

I'm trying for a 100%day today as well after my bread nightmares of yesterday, i just love white rolls :( doing well so far, had mushroom omelette for brekkie and sw mac & cheese for lunch :)

Can anyone give me any ideas what to do with chicken tomorrow? Chicken breasts, ways make curry or tika, what can I do casarole wise or pasta wise with chicken, keep using the same recipes over and over geting a bit bored, nice stew tonight :) mite even syn for some pastry mm! Xxxx

Urghh Jen I feel ya on the period front, I had to have mine changed to stop that, I think I have the one now that you've just changed from... we'll see what happens when it all settles down anyway...

I've put on so much of the weight I lost last year but I'm determined to loose it again and more this year

Chicken casseroles are great, got one in the slow cooker right now. Just add whatever you have really! I browned the chicken, then put in sc with onions, chopped tomatoes, spinach (the frozen cubes), swede, turnip, carrots, celery. You can add potato, butternut squash. With s&p, spices, herbs. Whatever you fancy! I love casseroles :) Also love stuffing chicken breasts with light soft cheese, roasted peppers, wrap in bacon. Make a syn free BBQ sauce to make hunters chicken. Chicken stir fry, homemade syn free sauce. Dip breasts in egg then hexb allowance of breadcrumbs for kiev type dinner. The chicken choices are endless!!! :)

Can anyone give me any ideas what to do with chicken tomorrow? Chicken breasts, ways make curry or tika, what can I do casarole wise or pasta wise with chicken, keep using the same recipes over and over geting a bit bored, nice stew tonight :) mite even syn for some pastry mm! Xxxx

Theres a nice southern fried chicken recipe here, bit fiddly to make but it is nice..

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/134193-kfc-chicken-done-sw-way.html

I make a lot of curries I just adapt from online recipes, I use coconut essence instead of coconut milk to make a korma, chilli made with chicken instead of mince is nice

Arghh hubs has come home for lunch bearing samosas and spring rolls... luckily they're not homemade ones so I'm sure I can resist ;)

Urghh Jen I feel ya on the period front, I had to have mine changed to stop that, I think I have the one now that you've just changed from... we'll see what happens when it all settles down anyway...

I've put on so much of the weight I lost last year but I'm determined to loose it again and more this year

It's crap Li, got the copper one now but unbelievably heavy periods. Had mirena before which you're supposed to not have any periods at all but just bled constantly, light but all month! Will give this a few months and if no change, will have it whipped out and hubby can have the snip or something!

Ultrabluedress - can u give me the recipe for ur korma? - I'm going to do a chicken casarole tomorrow :) lots of garlic in it -my fave flavour ever! My little boy asked me for a happy meal from mcds today,so am away to the shop to get breadcrumbs and make him home made nuggets! They seam easy to make :) !! Xx

It's crap Li, got the copper one now but unbelievably heavy periods. Had mirena before which you're supposed to not have any periods at all but just bled constantly, light but all month! Will give this a few months and if no change, will have it whipped out and hubby can have the snip or something!

Yep thats what I've got now mirena, she said you donlt usually get periods but in my case I may get them but they'll be lighter, I hope so I got fed up of perching on towels. Hopefully yours will settle down they can make them heavier the first few months, My first one used to give me cramps but at one check the doctor must have moved it slightly because they stopped, I guess it was on a nerve or something.. hope yours settle down I had no problems with the copper ones until about 12 months ago, I think my change is to do with my age lol

Ultrabluedress - can u give me the recipe for ur korma? - I'm going to do a chicken casarole tomorrow :) lots of garlic in it -my fave flavour ever! My little boy asked me for a happy meal from mcds today,so am away to the shop to get breadcrumbs and make him home made nuggets! They seam easy to make :) !! Xx

Just nippin out shopping will do when I get back

Thanks Jen! Just realised that it's actually a 1/4lb loss as I kept my stats the same last week when I was 9st 9 3/4's as I hate the 1/4's on my stats! So even better news haha!
Yeah Hun on the house front we have good news! We had an offer accepted so we have got our Mortgage Application Interview on Friday!! Keep everything crossed for us it goes smoothly from now until we get the keys! It needs work but we can see the potential it has! Were not putting anything on Facebook or anything coz don't wanna jinx anything but I hope this is the one for us and nothing comes back on the survey! x

That is really exciting Tilly, moving house can be so stressful, fingers crossed it all goes ok for you xx

Thanks me too! Will keep you updated when I know more! :D x

Fingers crossed Tilly xxx

That sounds lovely I can never get breadcrumbs to stick to anything I try to make haha, if you use breadcrumbs made from your hex allowance there is no reason why you can't have the nuggetts too, do them with SW chips , or my new discovery butternut squash chips which are free on Red days.

Anyway this is the recipe for the korma I found it here somewhere but just adapted it as I didn't have some of the spices...

Chicken Korma as posted by wenjenn66

serves 4 ready in about 50 minutes

Garlic

8oz onions
2 1/2cm fresh root ginger I used ground ginger
1/4 pint chicken stock made with oxo cube
4 chicken breasts
1 tbsp ground corriander
1 cinnamon stick
5 cardomon pods I hadn't got the pods so just used a 1/4tsp each of cinnamon and nutmeg
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Juice of 1 lemon (I used lemon juice ie Jif)
1oz grated creamed coconut I used coconut esscence to taste
5oz fat free natural yogurt
1/2oz flaked toasted almonds You don't have to add these but I had some lying in the cupboard and they made a nice texture
a small handful of fresh corriander
lemon wedge to serve

Method:
roughlt chop onions, garlic and ginger. transfer to frying pan, add stock bring to boil and simmer for 5 mins
cut chicken into chunks. add to the mixture and cook stirring soften for a further 5 mins or until chicken coloured all over. Stir in the spices, seasoning and lemon juice. Add the coconut and cook gently until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat discard the cinamon stick and cardomon pods if used, then stir the yoghurt through gently just before serving, this stops the yoghurt splitting...sprinkle with almonds and corriander and serve.

it is very pale in colour so it might be an idea to add some yellow food colouring (I added turmeric spice)

I used cauliflower instead of rice to make it Red day friendly, all you do is chop the florets finely to resemble then microwave for a few mins until soft, sounds weird but once you have the curry on top you really don't notice the difference

Back