DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi, I'm new to Minimins and new to Slimming World.

I started Slimming World online last Saturday 9/3/13, so everything is completely new to me.

My name is Cassie and I've got three stone at least to lose, probably need to lose 4stone, but I'll think about that when I lose the three.

Hope I'm posting in the right place to say Hello :D

Hello and welcome :)

Hi Cassie, this website is great for support and meal ideas :)

Great cuz I don't have anyone to talk to about the diet, I'm just reading the online SW website all the time and trying to figure it out as I go.

I lost 3.5lbs in my first week, so I'm very happy, but it will be good to be able to chat or ask questions if I have any :)

Great cuz I don't have anyone to talk to about the diet, I'm just reading the online SW website all the time and trying to figure it out as I go.

I lost 3.5lbs in my first week, so I'm very happy, but it will be good to be able to chat or ask questions if I have any :)
Welcome. we are a friendly bunch and help each other. Not sure what is happening this weekend not many people are around. If you have a quesion ask and one of us will answer it quickly.

Hey cassie! Welcome! X

Well I planned a saintly day but dan baked today. Grr! I had some zebra cake. It was ok, but not amazing like his carrot one so I can def resist the other half left sat there!

Gonna plan well this week, it's been my downfall the last few weeks, lack of planning!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend??

We went to see oz, was gutted as it wasn't great, and then I spent a large portion of the night cleaning up sick, my boy kept throwing up :( mainly on himself, the floor and his bed, not so much managed to get into the toilet :( it's all glamour for me at weekends like!! Xx

Hi, I'm new to Minimins and new to Slimming World.

I started Slimming World online last Saturday 9/3/13, so everything is completely new to me.

My name is Cassie and I've got three stone at least to lose, probably need to lose 4stone, but I'll think about that when I lose the three.

Hope I'm posting in the right place to say Hello :D

Hi cassie. Welcome. I have bn on here for over a yr now but fell away and put all my weight on and more and I too now have 3st to lose. I restarted yesterday but doing it alone, done classes last yr but our C and colleagues were all bigger woman which is not a good incentive. Did join online in jan but never used the site so cancelled. Hoping that y'all can keep me on track & kick my butt when needed!!!

Have a good day xxx

Last edited:
Hi all, hope you are all doing ok

i had my first weigh in this morning and gained 3lb so upset as i thought I had done it all right. This happened to me last time I tried SW. I just kept gaining. Could it be that it's just not suitable for me? Not sure whether to just give up and do my own thing, try and up my protein and eat less. Gutted!

Welcome aboard cassie xxx

Urghh crap weekend both food wise and feeling yuk, stayed in Saturday night in the end I felt so ill, but at least it kept me away from the pizza..

New week new start, I'm fed up of saying that so determined its the last time I'm saying it, SE and Red week this week I think, feel absolutely awful so dont feel like eating anything which is good... and definately going to stop drinking wine it's my downfall diet wise and I drink far too much of it if I'm honest...

Interesting conversation with my friend she's doing SW at group, last time she did it she lost tons of weight, this time around she's struggled to loose just 5lb so far, so she's not sure whats going on either, and she's really good she takes diet coke along to our wine umm I mean pizza nights lol kind of nice to know I'm not missing out on not going to group...

Sofa day today for me, I need some TLC, might read up on some other plans

Hi all, hope you are all doing ok

i had my first weigh in this morning and gained 3lb so upset as i thought I had done it all right. This happened to me last time I tried SW. I just kept gaining. Could it be that it's just not suitable for me? Not sure whether to just give up and do my own thing, try and up my protein and eat less. Gutted!

Aww hun its hard when that happens, I usually always gain on SW the first week so it's not unusual, plus if you've also started to exercise that can cause a gain due to lactic acid forming, stick with it and you should see a loss next week.

Which plan are you on hun have you kept an eye on your portion sizes if you're on EE its can be easy to overeat pasta etc I did the first few weeks and was shocked how much I was consuming calorie wise... I'd been eating packets of pasta and rice which were intended for two people!!

Aww hun its hard when that happens, I usually always gain on SW the first week so it's not unusual, plus if you've also started to exercise that can cause a gain due to lactic acid forming, stick with it and you should see a loss next week.

Which plan are you on hun have you kept an eye on your portion sizes if you're on EE its can be easy to overeat pasta etc I did the first few weeks and was shocked how much I was consuming calorie wise... I'd been eating packets of pasta and rice which were intended for two people!!
Thank you for your reply. I am doing green as I am veggie, but I'm immobile at the moment due to a broken leg (though I am still doing my arm weights haha) I try to limit my carb portions and fill up on veg. I try and avoid white carbs anyway and processed foods. So disheartening as its happened before too. Last time I tried it I gained every week until I gave up! Thought it was worth another go though as so many people on here are doing so well and are such an inspiration.

Thats weird if you consistantly gained last time, it could be the diet isn't for you, I was the same with WW went to class relgiously every week and lost a total of 5lb in a whole year, so disheartening esp with the women who lost lots each week and then gloated about how much they'd cheated during the week and how they were off to the chip shop for their weekly treat grrr.

Try keeping a food diary, that helps and plan ahead, if you do the diary we can have a look and see if you are going wrong somewhere, sometimes it's something you've over looked,

It's really hard when a diet doesn't work for you when you're doing everything right! I used to do SW about 80/20 and lose 1.5lb a week, but now even 100% and I barely lose.

I said I'd never do a vlcd again but I'm pretty tempted to do it again over the summer to get this last 1 and a half stone off. SW is good for maintaining but I just don't lose weight easily on it at all :( x

It's really hard when a diet doesn't work for you when you're doing everything right! I used to do SW about 80/20 and lose 1.5lb a week, but now even 100% and I barely lose.

I said I'd never do a vlcd again but I'm pretty tempted to do it again over the summer to get this last 1 and a half stone off. SW is good for maintaining but I just don't lose weight easily on it at all :( x
Charl, have you tried doing it 80/20 again? I know what you mean with the temptation to try other things :( I'm tempted to just drink my protein shakes and eat veg, surely then ill lose. Really want to lose a stone and a half before the end of June. 3 months and counting..... :(

I sts for so long that I just had to try something else. I started using mfp and calorie counting as well as sticking to sw ee. Although I started losing it was painfully slow. Last Monday I decided to try the 5:2 diet and by Thursday I had lost 4 1/2 pounds. Sticking with the 5:2 diet this week to see how I go. Hoping for another nice loss this week. If I don't lose I will just go back to sw with calorie counting. It's slow but its still losing. I have been doing sw since January and haven't had a week where I have gained, sts but not gained, so I should be grateful really.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back