DOING SW FROM HOME???

I sts for so long that I just had to try something else. I started using mfp and calorie counting as well as sticking to sw ee. Although I started losing it was painfully slow. Last Monday I decided to try the 5:2 diet and by Thursday I had lost 4 1/2 pounds. Sticking with the 5:2 diet this week to see how I go. Hoping for another nice loss this week. If I don't lose I will just go back to sw with calorie counting. It's slow but its still losing. I have been doing sw since January and haven't had a week where I have gained, sts but not gained, so I should be grateful really.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Congratulations on your loss. May have to give it a go or do a few lower calorie days a week! Hope you get another good loss this week!

I pretty much do SW 80/20 all the time at the mo, and up until a few weeks ago was just maintaining, gained a few lbs this last few weeks, but its cool as i needed it. Back on the SW wagon 100% this week. (i hope!) I'm just struggling with the plan, I know it inside out and I know what I need to do to lose, I just can't be bothered! Just waiting for uni to finish really then I'm going to concentrate on diet/fitness (as I'm not going to have much else to do!)

Just stick with it, I'll have a look at your diary and see if I can spot anything.

Ooooooooo dans making fajitas tomorrow, can anyone find out the syns online for the refried beans please, I think its old el paso ones. THANKS! x

Just looking at WW.... but I'd use my nearly half my daily allowance in the amount of cheese I have on SW :( Calculated 26 PP which is the minimum plus obviously the extra 49 you are allowed in the week.. it doesn't seem much and I was always hungry on WW before, so I'd have do the simply filling thingy I guess

Trying a 5:2 for a while, normally I'm not hungry during the day but blummin am today, plus cause I'm ill I'm not keeping myself occupied, thought seeing as I couldn't face food today it would be a good day to do it....

Thank you for your reply. I am doing green as I am veggie, but I'm immobile at the moment due to a broken leg (though I am still doing my arm weights haha) I try to limit my carb portions and fill up on veg. I try and avoid white carbs anyway and processed foods. So disheartening as its happened before too. Last time I tried it I gained every week until I gave up! Thought it was worth another go though as so many people on here are doing so well and are such an inspiration.

Dont give up, I put on nearly a stone when I broke my leg a few years back but its hard when you cant get around. Its not like you can Zumba is it!!!

Keep going. Im new to this too xxx

Fingers crossed! Eyeing up some cake but resisting it so far! X

Just looking at WW.... but I'd use my nearly half my daily allowance in the amount of cheese I have on SW :( Calculated 26 PP which is the minimum plus obviously the extra 49 you are allowed in the week.. it doesn't seem much and I was always hungry on WW before, so I'd have do the simply filling thingy I guess

I know, I'm not sure WW is for me either! I was cal counting as well but it's stupid as days when they're low I'll just eat crap to make it up. X

I know, plus I think things like bread are unlimited aren't they if they're diet stuff? I'd blummin eat that and porridge all day , pro points I'd would be on the minimum so I couldn't lower anything if I didn't loose

Yep, I'd end up going to town on the bread and that def doesn't agree with me. Mixing mainly red days with a couple of EE and green seems to work best for me. I'm so bloated though I feel like a whale! X

And bananas ;)

Hi cassie. Welcome. I have bn on here for over a yr now but fell away and put all my weight on and more and I too now have 3st to lose. I restarted yesterday but doing it alone, done classes last yr but our C and colleagues were all bigger woman which is not a good incentive. Did join online in jan but never used the site so cancelled. Hoping that y'all can keep me on track & kick my butt when needed!!!

Have a good day xxx

I've tried Weightwatchers countless times and even did a VLCD a few months ago, but I'm really liking the look of the SW. I use the online website daily, before last week I would never cook or even buy fresh ingredients, I lived in the frozen food section (or rang takeaways) this week I've only cooked from fresh ingredients, I fill up my plate with the free foods. I'm learning as I go, and taking each day as it comes.

I didn't want to join a class, because I can't stand that whole queing up to stand on a scales and sitting clapping etc, I just want to lose my weight and be able to get on with my life :eek:

I loved doing my vlcd, I lost 18lbs in 3 weeks (plus refeed week) it was great for teaching me some lessons about portions and when I'm really hungry. But it's been nearly a year and I've maintained what I've lost I'm just struggling to stick to the planning and time consumption that goes into it all. I cook SW foods for all for of us and mon-fri I do great but weekends come and I just undo everything and spend the week clawing back so never really getting anywhere. So annoying, but ultimately my own fault!

I loved doing my vlcd, I lost 18lbs in 3 weeks (plus refeed week) it was great for teaching me some lessons about portions and when I'm really hungry. But it's been nearly a year and I've maintained what I've lost I'm just struggling to stick to the planning and time consumption that goes into it all. I cook SW foods for all for of us and mon-fri I do great but weekends come and I just undo everything and spend the week clawing back so never really getting anywhere. So annoying, but ultimately my own fault!

Yep the VLCD was great, and my consultant was lovely but I just went back to my frozen food and takeaways after a few weeks, I've never known how to cook, people would always tell me, what food to eat, but it was just like a list of foods, and I didn't know how to make that list into food I would like, SW has 1000's of recipes and I'm going for the really easy ones, this week I cooked 'Sticky Chicken' and 'Peri Peri Potatoes', I felt like Gordon Ramsey in my kitchen, I was taking photos and texting my pals cuz I couldn't believe I was actually cooking, like real life cooking LOL.

I live with my boyfriend (no kids) , so he's thrilled with my new meals, I'm taking it slowly though, cuz I really am a novice. My failsafe meal if I've nothing else is a two egg omelette with one slice of cheddar, and some baked beans. We've had that a few days this week :)

Its a day off here, so I just made us fry light, fried eggs on wholemeal toast, used mayo extra light instead of butter, and treated myself to a satchet of nescafe cappuchino, I think thats 4syns (but worth it)

Ah well done for getting into cooking, i can't imagine not really knowing how to do it. I've always cooked good healthy meals from scratch but it's the extra stuff where i went wrong. Too much bread, crisps, choc etc. it's what I still struggle with really. V hard to break old habits.

SW is great for one pan recipes which are kinda easy to learn, tonight we're having goulash which is basically loads of stuff chopped up and thrown in the oven for like 4 hours once it's in you don't need to do anything and syn free too. Loads of pasta dishes are easy too.

Well done on the changes, sound really good so far :)

Oh! If you buy the low low mature cheddar cheese spread its a good replacement for mayo/butter and counts as your hexA so no SYNS used. I love breakfast sandwiches with low low! X

Ah well done for getting into cooking, i can't imagine not really knowing how to do it. I've always cooked good healthy meals from scratch but it's the extra stuff where i went wrong. Too much bread, crisps, choc etc. it's what I still struggle with really. V hard to break old habits.

SW is great for one pan recipes which are kinda easy to learn, tonight we're having goulash which is basically loads of stuff chopped up and thrown in the oven for like 4 hours once it's in you don't need to do anything and syn free too. Loads of pasta dishes are easy too.

Well done on the changes, sound really good so far :)

Oh! If you buy the low low mature cheddar cheese spread its a good replacement for mayo/butter and counts as your hexA so no SYNS used. I love breakfast sandwiches with low low! X

Ooh the goulash thing sounds like something I could master, do you have a recipe? and I'll defo look out for the low low, I'm hoping to go food shopping later this evening, myself and himself are being lazy sods today, but we have promised to get out soon :)

I've tried Weightwatchers countless times and even did a VLCD a few months ago, but I'm really liking the look of the SW. I use the online website daily, before last week I would never cook or even buy fresh ingredients, I lived in the frozen food section (or rang takeaways) this week I've only cooked from fresh ingredients, I fill up my plate with the free foods. I'm learning as I go, and taking each day as it comes.

I didn't want to join a class, because I can't stand that whole queing up to stand on a scales and sitting clapping etc, I just want to lose my weight and be able to get on with my life :eek:

No one would be clapping me very often then lol

You'll find once you start cooking your own meals you won;t really enjoy the taste of ready meals they taste really manufactured and artifical..

Charl can't believe it's been almost a year since your were on VLCD... wow

Awww just done the school run and my friend had bought me the new SW dessert book she found in the charity shop! Only just out apparantly, so someone obviously didn't like slimming world lol I'm not really a dessert person but flicking through I could be very easily now..

Well I started it in July last year, so not quite a year but not far off!!

Aww that was canny of her...

Well my good day has gone out the window with some chilli Doritos and a kitkat peanut butter, god damn!!!!!! I'm sick of self sabotage but I can't help it! I used to be so much more controlled I dunno how to get it back! X

Ooh the goulash thing sounds like something I could master, do you have a recipe? and I'll defo look out for the low low, I'm hoping to go food shopping later this evening, myself and himself are being lazy sods today, but we have promised to get out soon :)

The goulash is mega easy! Just get some stewing/braising steak, I use the 750g packs for 4 of us (but if you did this would be good for freezing for another meal too) 2 tins chopped tomato, a rich beef stock cube, 2 red pepper roughly chopped and 2 big onions roughly chopped, 1tbsp smoked paprika, 1tbsp paprika, 1tsp chilli flakes, a bay leaf, 2 cloves garlic. And about 200mls water. Salt and pepper

Basically just chop the meat up, brown it off, throw everything else in and put in the oven at 150 for about 2 hours or longer if you can, it's one of them that the longer you cook it the nicer it tastes and the more tender the meat goes, I cut it quite big as it starts to fall apart a bit.

This ones been in about 3.5 hours so should be well tasty!

Serve it with some roast new potatoes (chop then in half, boil for about 10 mins, then spray some fry light on an oven tray, smash a few garlic cloves and throw it all on the tray with a tsp of rosemary if you have it and bake for 30 mins)

Serve with a dollop of fat free fromage frais and some chopped up parsley if you have.

Yum dinner! X

Back