DOING SW FROM HOME???

Been feeling very sorry for myself today :(

Feeling cold and shivery. My throat feels like I`ve swallowed razor blades!!

Trouble is when I need cheering up I tend to head towards the fridge!!

Been feeling very sorry for myself today :(

Feeling cold and shivery. My throat feels like I`ve swallowed razor blades!!

Trouble is when I need cheering up I tend to head towards the fridge!!

Hey GrannieA, big hugs and hope you feel better soon x

The goulash is mega easy! Just get some stewing/braising steak, I use the 750g packs for 4 of us (but if you did this would be good for freezing for another meal too) 2 tins chopped tomato, a rich beef stock cube, 2 red pepper roughly chopped and 2 big onions roughly chopped, 1tbsp smoked paprika, 1tbsp paprika, 1tsp chilli flakes, a bay leaf, 2 cloves garlic. And about 200mls water. Salt and pepper

Basically just chop the meat up, brown it off, throw everything else in and put in the oven at 150 for about 2 hours or longer if you can, it's one of them that the longer you cook it the nicer it tastes and the more tender the meat goes, I cut it quite big as it starts to fall apart a bit.

This ones been in about 3.5 hours so should be well tasty!

Serve it with some roast new potatoes (chop then in half, boil for about 10 mins, then spray some fry light on an oven tray, smash a few garlic cloves and throw it all on the tray with a tsp of rosemary if you have it and bake for 30 mins)

Serve with a dollop of fat free fromage frais and some chopped up parsley if you have.

Yum dinner! X

Yum! Might be stealing that recipe Charl !

I've been writing everything down by hand it now so I do lose recipes in threads... But my new iPad toy is rather groovy as I can copy recipes to my notes! Woo hoo!

Xx

The goulash is mega easy! Just get some stewing/braising steak, I use the 750g packs for 4 of us (but if you did this would be good for freezing for another meal too) 2 tins chopped tomato, a rich beef stock cube, 2 red pepper roughly chopped and 2 big onions roughly chopped, 1tbsp smoked paprika, 1tbsp paprika, 1tsp chilli flakes, a bay leaf, 2 cloves garlic. And about 200mls water. Salt and pepper

Basically just chop the meat up, brown it off, throw everything else in and put in the oven at 150 for about 2 hours or longer if you can, it's one of them that the longer you cook it the nicer it tastes and the more tender the meat goes, I cut it quite big as it starts to fall apart a bit.

This ones been in about 3.5 hours so should be well tasty!

Serve it with some roast new potatoes (chop then in half, boil for about 10 mins, then spray some fry light on an oven tray, smash a few garlic cloves and throw it all on the tray with a tsp of rosemary if you have it and bake for 30 mins)

Serve with a dollop of fat free fromage frais and some chopped up parsley if you have.

Yum dinner! X

Thank you so much, I'll let you know how I get on, we don't eat red meat, but I'll give it a go using chicken fillets instead ??

Thank you so much, I'll let you know how I get on, we don't eat red meat, but I'll give it a go using chicken fillets instead ??

Ahhh right.. Hmm maybe chicken thighs would be better? X

Ha! Don't worry! I just thought chicken breasts might not work with so long cooking. Chicken thighs would be yum tho. Just make sure they're skinless and boneless ones and you'll be set :) x

Ha! Don't worry! I just thought chicken breasts might not work with so long cooking. Chicken thighs would be yum tho. Just make sure they're skinless and boneless ones and you'll be set :) x

Can I actually buy boneless chicken thighs :confused: I thought chicken breasts where the only part I could buy boneless ?

Can I actually buy boneless chicken thighs :confused: I thought chicken breasts where the only part I could buy boneless ?

You should be able to but if you can't find them then it's pretty easy to take the bones out yourself and take the skin and fat off :)

Yep!! They are lush for long cooking, I use them for curries.

They are loads cheaper than a pack of chicken breasts too. I do most of my shopping in asda they always have them even the smallish one next to my House x

Yum! Might be stealing that recipe Charl !

I've been writing everything down by hand it now so I do lose recipes in threads... But my new iPad toy is rather groovy as I can copy recipes to my notes! Woo hoo!

Xx

Hey I just got an iPad, are you using an app for the recipes or just typing them up yourself? I cut out copies of recipes or print them off and have bought myself a scrap book and have split the pages into sections & paste the recipes in, saves the, getting lost and you can scribble notes next to them :)

X

Hey I just got an iPad, are you using an app for the recipes or just typing them up yourself? I cut out copies of recipes or print them off and have bought myself a scrap book and have split the pages into sections & paste the recipes in, saves the, getting lost and you can scribble notes next to them :)

X

I'm using the minis app, but you can tap and hold to copy, then I am copying into 'notes' (already on the ipad) where I have given myself a recipes section. Just means I can find all the recent recipes rather than scrolling through chat! Hope that makes sense? X

Anyone got a good recipe for a tomato based paste sauce? Wanted to make meatballs tomorrow night with pasta :)

I made one last week with meatballs really simple just made the meatballs with el mince and onion, browned them off then added finely chopped onion, passata or tinned toms, oregano, garlic... Such a simple base and you can add whatever after that... Chilli, mushrooms, etc.. Plus a sprinkle of hex cheese yum!

The more simple, the better :)

Morning all!
Had to WI today instead of tomorrow as I'm off work tomorro and I use the scales in work...and I've gained 1lb :(
I'm not majorly disappointed tho coz I haven't been sticking to plan with our kitchen/house still being a mess! Can't wait to get back to some SW cooking!! I've been living off microwave meals and take aways so I'm glad it's just 1lb I've put on! Actually looking forward to eating healthily again!
Hope your all well!
Things are still going through with my house so fingers crossed everything goes smoothly and we can hopefully get in there soon! So exciting! x

Hi, I am new! I have done SW before but sadly put a lot of weight back on so I am starting from scratch. Just about to go shopping and trying to remember all the the things I used to buy!

Tilly
x

STS the same again this week, quite dissapointed, will start again fresh and hopefully will see some results

Back