DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi suzi, one trick I do when I'm trying to motivate myself again is have a week of foods that don't feel like diet food. Burgers, pulled pork sandwiches, a big roast, lush spag Bol w/homemade garlic bread, hunters chicken n chips etc.. Helps! I'm doing that this week as I've been off plan for ages now. Good luck! X

Mugshots discuss!!

Hi ladies, just wondering if any of you eat mugshot soups? Supposedly the less than 1% fat ones are free on SW EE but I feel at 227 cals per sachet that seems alot for a snack. If having for your lunch then it would be ok but for just a snack I'm not convinced!

Having said that I just had a tomato one as I was so cold and miserable in work, its chucking it down here so couldn't get out to get anything else. It was quite nice and very filling. Just interested in your thoughts.

Has anyone continued to shed pounds while drinking them?

Hi there

I only use these as lunch along with some beetroot or cucumber and cherry tomatoes, they are tool filling to use as a snack. Fave at the mo is the Roast Chicken one which is free :)

Hi Charl,
Thanks for the tip I shall do that this weekend as wi is normally Tuesdays for me so hopefully this will get me into reset mode ready for Wednesday :) x

I copied a goulash recipe from here the other day and all i can say is WOW!!!!! Amazing, so full of flavour and i am stuffed, also had never had ff fromage frais before.....yummy!!!! :)

Attachments

• 1363978608633.jpg
    1363978608633.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 64
Ah lush! Pleased you liked it :)

Just tucking into chicken, spinach and squash curry :)

X

Tired! hasnt been sick for a while though. He's sleeping on the sofa while I eat my tea, I'm starting to feel queasy too but fighting it, I won't give in to the bug!!

Goulash is Hungarian beef stew, instead of gravy type sauce it's chopped tomato, lots of smoked and normal paprika so it's quite hot.

Here's my standard curry Friday! I love curry night.

Xx

Attachments

• image-1253035713.jpg
    image-1253035713.jpg
    560 KB · Views: 67
Tired! hasnt been sick for a while though. He's sleeping on the sofa while I eat my tea, I'm starting to feel queasy too but fighting it, I won't give in to the bug!!

Goulash is Hungarian beef stew, instead of gravy type sauce it's chopped tomato, lots of smoked and normal paprika so it's quite hot.

Here's my standard curry Friday! I love curry night.

Xx

Looks yum. Hope you dont get the bug. X

Hi everyone. I'm new been doing sw for 4 weeks at home now but I am starting to lose my mojo. I still 1st and 2lbs to lose till my first goal lost 6lbs so far. Any tips for regaining motivation would be hugely appreciated as especially doing it from home you don't really have the same support you would get in group.

Hi Suzi. My greatest motivation so far has been coming on here and also starting food diary. Welcome xx

Hi suzi, one trick I do when I'm trying to motivate myself again is have a week of foods that don't feel like diet food. Burgers, pulled pork sandwiches, a big roast, lush spag Bol w/homemade garlic bread, hunters chicken n chips etc.. Helps! I'm doing that this week as I've been off plan for ages now. Good luck! X

How do you make hunter's chicken.....and can I have your curry recipe too?!?! Thankyoooooou! Taking the leftovers of the goulash to work tomorrow to have with my jacket potato :) x

Yep! Curry is yum. Ok for 2 greedy people (with a bit leftover too)

Slice 1 large onion
Pack skinless boneless chicken thighs (def best for curry)
180g pack baby spinach (or some frozen.. About 6-8 blocks defrosted and squeeze all the water out) chopped
1/2 butternut squash chopped (I usually use the long bit for curry night and save the bulb for roasting on my Sunday dinner)
1tbsp madras powder
1tbsp curry powder (use whatever heat u like I use medium or hot)
1tsp garam masala
400g chopped tomato
Chicken stock cube.

Fry the onion for 10 in frylight, add spices and fry for a few more mins, add the chicken and brown, add the squash. Stir it all up for a few mins, add chopped tomato, stock cube, fill the tomato tin up with boiling water add that, stir it all up, add the spinach and cook uncovered for 45 mins to an hour, mine always reduces really well to a nice thick sauce.

I usually have it with either veggie pilau rice or chick pea pilau and an Indian salad

X

Hunters chicken..

Make the BBQ sauce first.. (You can use shop stuff for 1 or 2 SYNS tho if u wanted to, but this is syn free and nice too!)

1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 tsp mild chilli powder
300 mls passata
3 tbsp artifical sweetner
4 tbsp balsamaic vinegar
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
salt and pepper.

spray a pan with fry light and saute the onion and chilli powder over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened.

Add everything else and simmer for 15ish mins, blitz if u want a smooth sauce (I do)

Then wrap a chicken breast in bacon (fat removed) bake for 20 mins at 200degrees, remove and put 2tbsp BBQ ontop of each breast, add 20g rf cheddar (half hexA) or more if you want but 20g shredded is plenty and bake for another 5-10 mins making sure your chickens cooked through

awesome with SW chips, coleslaw and salad

Xx

Thanks everyone for all the kind messages. It means a lot to me. I have not had time to digest it yet but suppose will hit me over the weekend.

I would have not been able to do this without all the help and support I recieved from each and everyone of you. A big thank you to everyone.

When I started the plan back in Decemebr 2011, never in a million years thought to be losing 5 stone. I adapted the plan to suit my life style. I am much happier, confident and healthy.

From what I have heard maintainance is much harder than losing but it is a challange in itself. I like challanges.

Just stay with the plan and you will get there.

Thanks everyone for all the kind messages. It means a lot to me. I have not had time to digest it yet but suppose will hit me over the weekend.

I would have not been able to do this without all the help and support I recieved from each and everyone of you. A big thank you to everyone.

When I started the plan back in Decemebr 2011, never in a million years thought to be losing 5 stone. I adapted the plan to suit my life style. I am much happier, confident and healthy.

From what I have heard maintainance is much harder than losing but it is a challange in itself. I like challanges.

Just stay with the plan and you will get there.

Rosie, I've just had a chance to check what you've achieved, and really well done :) you look great and such an achievement :)
I've achieved target once before, and never got to maintain as I then got pregnant!
If you've done what you've done maintaining will happen and good luck!
X

Yep! Curry is yum. Ok for 2 greedy people (with a bit leftover too)

Slice 1 large onion
Pack skinless boneless chicken thighs (def best for curry)
180g pack baby spinach (or some frozen.. About 6-8 blocks defrosted and squeeze all the water out) chopped
1/2 butternut squash chopped (I usually use the long bit for curry night and save the bulb for roasting on my Sunday dinner)
1tbsp madras powder
1tbsp curry powder (use whatever heat u like I use medium or hot)
1tsp garam masala
400g chopped tomato
Chicken stock cube.

Fry the onion for 10 in frylight, add spices and fry for a few more mins, add the chicken and brown, add the squash. Stir it all up for a few mins, add chopped tomato, stock cube, fill the tomato tin up with boiling water add that, stir it all up, add the spinach and cook uncovered for 45 mins to an hour, mine always reduces really well to a nice thick sauce.

I usually have it with either veggie pilau rice or chick pea pilau and an Indian salad

X

I had this tonight, and I LOVE IT! X

Rosie, I've just had a chance to check what you've achieved, and really well done :) you look great and such an achievement :)
I've achieved target once before, and never got to maintain as I then got pregnant!
If you've done what you've done maintaining will happen and good luck!
X
Thanks Lou. Now that I have got there, hopefully maintainance should not be that hard as I have learnt to control my eating. By the way no chance of me getting pregnant so I can't use that excuse.
Have a lovely evening whatever left of it.

Looks like a healthy few weeks for me as it would seem I have an issue with my oven. Make a noise like a numatic dress, think the fan has gone or something. Means slow cooker food and omelettes for me until I get it fixed!
Hopefully it will help the diet! Ha ha

Back