DOING SW FROM HOME???

Tried my first SW dessert tonight, Baileys Mocha syllabub, very nice
Trying to put a picture up but it won't go in:$:confused:

Last edited:
Hi Suzi. My greatest motivation so far has been coming on here and also starting food diary. Welcome xx
Welcome x I use smaller goals so that I can add a sticker to my book every few weeks:) Set a goal to lose 5lb, or 7lb, then you will achieve it and feel great and set another goal :D

Oops wrong quote :eek:

Morning Ladies,now theres a thing, are there any men here?

Anyhow, weigh day today, 1 pound down, fine with that. Just 1 pound off my 4 stone target.
I've been thinking about weight loss and about what Jen was saying about us all being different, This weight didn't go on in a month or a year so its not going to come off quickly, so a pound ever couple of weeks will make me happy once it stays off.

Hope you all have a good weekend

Polly xx

Well done on your loss Polly!!

I know exactly what you mean about the losing slowly. It's took me a year to lose 2 and a half stone and some people lose that in half the time or even less. I've been bouncing around the same half a stone for 6 months now but mainly due to my own lack of willpower. The good thing is its not really going back on, yes I'm gaining a few lbs but also losing them so essentially still 2 and a half stone lighter than last January which is great. The last 1ish stone will come off when I'm ready and that's ok! Xx

Morning Ladies,now theres a thing, are there any men here?

Anyhow, weigh day today, 1 pound down, fine with that. Just 1 pound off my 4 stone target.
I've been thinking about weight loss and about what Jen was saying about us all being different, This weight didn't go on in a month or a year so its not going to come off quickly, so a pound ever couple of weeks will make me happy once it stays off.

Hope you all have a good weekend

Polly xx
Polly well done. In my books that is a good loss. You are right our weight did not happen in an instant and will not come off in an instant either. We just have to work at it bit of a time. Anyhow, the slower you lose the longer you can maintain. You are doing fine and at this rate this time you'll be at target in a few months. We can do this by changing our life style a little bit and give ourselves a treat from time to time. Just enjoy life in a healthy way. have a great weekend.

I find weight and size quite bizarre. I'm 11 stone now so the same weight as you Rosie but look totally different. You look sooooo much smaller than me! I find it really interesting the difference in shapes and sizes with people of the same weight.
Good luck with maintaining hun xxx :-D

Jen I think you look much smaller than me. My lumps and bumps are hidden in that photo. Certainly in real life I look fairly big - at least in my eyes. We should meet up one day when we are bith free.

Great loss polly almost there now

After 5 days doing 5;2 Wi this morning lost 2lb so hopefully somethings kickstarted somewhere, nice couple of days back on SW now, wont be feasting as I can tell it's going to go back on otherwise..

Charl I'm the same as you my losses are so slow, still can't shift the weight I put on after last years hols, even though I was loosing before I went away and go straight back on plan the week after I came back, it's so frustrating bouncing around between these 2 or 3lbs which keep coming on and off each week

EE today Nice cooked brekkie with ww sausages, then steak and baked potato with SW friendly garlic mushrooms, if I get chance I might try the onion ring recipe Laura I think it was posted here ages ago, either than or just maked "Naked" onion rings lol

Bath time then tidy up and tackle the mountain of laundry... I swear I wash everyday and still my laundry basket is full

I started 5:2 properly on Monday as my posse had slowed down. Changed my weigh day so got weighed this morning (Sats will be better for me) and I'm down 3lb on 5/6 days. Think its worth a try if people want a kick start.
It's given me that boost I needed to get my head back into it!
Hope you all have a great weekend.

Hey all, night shifts this weekend :-( still, not many left now! How's the weather near everyone? I heard a rumour that it's spring, anyone see sny evidence?! Meat balls for tea. One night left!

Rosie, we should def try and meet up soon!

Hope everyone is warm and happy x x x

Good morning all :)

I hope everyone is ok, I've not been on for what seems like weeks. We have all had various cold & flu bugs and I really went off plan in fact the last time I wrote a food diary was 28th feb! I've gained 5lb since then but have been waiting for my motivation to strike b4 getting back on track. It seems today is the day as I've woken up feeling great and although it was scary opening the minis app, I've done it :)

Have a good day, Ruth x

I hope everyone is ok, I've not been on for what seems like weeks. We have all had various cold & flu bugs and I really went off plan in fact the last time I wrote a food diary was 28th feb! I've gained 5lb since then but have been waiting for my motivation to strike b4 getting back on track. It seems today is the day as I've woken up feeling great and although it was scary opening the minis app, I've done it :)

Have a good day, Ruth x
Ruth welcome back. we missed you. Great feeling when motivated. Glad you are all well again. Being on plan that 5lbs soon will disappear. Don't be hard on yourself, draw a line and move on. Have a fab sunday. Big hug

I lost 3lb last week but had a few bad days again this week - have got to get my head back on track :D Im only 6lbs away from my weight I was before I married and think im getting cock sure of myself again lol x I want to be that weight by my anniversary in 3 weeks time and I know its doable :D

Welcome back Ruth!

I need a big kick... I ended up completely off plan yesterday - even after I took packed lunch for everyone while we were out, and an on-plan salad for me, my sis grout doughnuts, which I had two bites of, then at about 3 I had the shakes, as I had been doing physical stuff and not taken enough of the right dnacks for me, I ate a left over peanut butter sarnie for a quick hit to get rid of the shakes, then in the evening I was so shattered we ended up having Chinese with the kids!
Not a good food day, and I am just moving on this morning...
Had really hoped to reign it in enough for a loss this week having been stagnant for so many, but not feeling so hopeful now. I shall keep on the extra fluid, and stay 100% for three days and just have to see what happens.

Hope everyone having a good weekend. OH just taken the kids swimming and I have been in bed all morning! Lush!

Have a good day, Ruth x

well done!!!!!! Good on you having the motivation to get going again. It's a tough one and you've done it!!! X

Welcome back Ruth!

I need a big kick... I ended up completely off plan yesterday - even after I took packed lunch for everyone while we were out, and an on-plan salad for me, my sis grout doughnuts, which I had two bites of, then at about 3 I had the shakes, as I had been doing physical stuff and not taken enough of the right dnacks for me, I ate a left over peanut butter sarnie for a quick hit to get rid of the shakes, then in the evening I was so shattered we ended up having Chinese with the kids!
Not a good food day, and I am just moving on this morning...
Had really hoped to reign it in enough for a loss this week having been stagnant for so many, but not feeling so hopeful now. I shall keep on the extra fluid, and stay 100% for three days and just have to see what happens.

Hope everyone having a good weekend. OH just taken the kids swimming and I have been in bed all morning! Lush!

I too had a doubtful day yesterday. Determined to be back on track today though. Lots of fluid and healthy snacks x x

Back