DOING SW FROM HOME???

Thanks guys, I have bought a small pack just to try but my usual hot beverage of choice if not coffee is Pukka Teas. They r lush. Just had Green Chai which is organic green tea gently spiced with sweet cinnamon & star anise. I drink quite a few different flavours & I would def recommend them.

Would agree with Rosie - any herbal teas are good, I don't put any faith in supposed 'slimming' teas or drinks :p

Thinking I'm going to get back to SW... I gave 5:2 a try on a few different days but kept getting light headed and migraines - I think it sounds like a great diet but I don't think it's going to work for me :\ I also think I'm eating terribly anyway now (and would continue to do so even if I was having my two fast days) so SW would be much better - I need to get back to actually cooking!! I used to cook 3 meals a day and now barely cook one a week... Eek!

Going to give myself tomorrow to get sorted out as it's too late tonight to get prepared :p Going through all food diaries and meal pic threads to get inspired :) x

Hi Laura I am the exact same. I re-started last Sunday then by midweek had blown it completely. I struggle to cook for myself when OH is away but this past week I did get back into it. Made myself beef stir fry, simple but tasty. I don't think I could do the 5:2 diet either, did think about it but I suffer migraines as it is so don't want to aggregate them & I think I would feel faint. I have done my shop for week with all pre-packed salads, flavoured beetroot & fruit so work is sorted & OH will be making dinner for me getting in from work - until he goes away again!!

Good luck & perhaps we can motivate each other. I am now over 13st prob breaching the 13st 7lbs if i am honest, heaviest I have ever been :-(

xxx

Would agree with Rosie - any herbal teas are good, I don't put any faith in supposed 'slimming' teas or drinks :p

Thinking I'm going to get back to SW... I gave 5:2 a try on a few different days but kept getting light headed and migraines - I think it sounds like a great diet but I don't think it's going to work for me :\ I also think I'm eating terribly anyway now (and would continue to do so even if I was having my two fast days) so SW would be much better - I need to get back to actually cooking!! I used to cook 3 meals a day and now barely cook one a week... Eek!

Going to give myself tomorrow to get sorted out as it's too late tonight to get prepared :p Going through all food diaries and meal pic threads to get inspired :) x

Laura, 5:2 is another fad diet. If we starve our body, then eat normally, the body will keep to every bit of food as it does not know when it is going to be starved again. I can't understand why anyone wants to starve as by doing the plan properly we can achieve the same thing. My solution is eat a lot of salads and healthy food, plenty of fruits and veg and eliminate rubbish stuff like processed food and voila lose weight.

You are fontain of knowledge. Could you please tell me what are the rules for maintaining. I have not got around to look at maintainers diaries and work it out. Thanks me dears.

Back to normality this week, even with birthday cake still lying around I've decided I need to get back on track because otherwise I'm going to end up back to square one! Just made myself a lovely salad for tomorrow's lunch :) looking forward to that.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Laura I am the exact same. I re-started last Sunday then by midweek had blown it completely. I struggle to cook for myself when OH is away but this past week I did get back into it. Made myself beef stir fry, simple but tasty. I don't think I could do the 5:2 diet either, did think about it but I suffer migraines as it is so don't want to aggregate them & I think I would feel faint. I have done my shop for week with all pre-packed salads, flavoured beetroot & fruit so work is sorted & OH will be making dinner for me getting in from work - until he goes away again!!

Good luck & perhaps we can motivate each other. I am now over 13st prob breaching the 13st 7lbs if i am honest, heaviest I have ever been :-(

xxx

Beef stir fry sounds lovely and is something I should try - usually if I do stir fries I either just have veggies or only ever add prawns! Got some beef strips in the freezer so that's on the list for this week :) Yeah, I get bad migraines anyway so don't think it was the best idea tbh :\ Ooh flavoured beetroot?? Never heard of that! How is it flavoured? Where does the OH 'go away' if you don't mind me asking? I'm guessing he has a job that requires travel? We can definitely motivate each other - we can do it!! The weight will come off quickly once you can manage to stick to plan 100% so don't worry too much about it! :)

Laura, 5:2 is another fad diet. If we starve our body, then eat normally, the body will keep to every bit of food as it does not know when it is going to be starved again. I can't understand why anyone wants to starve as by doing the plan properly we can achieve the same thing. My solution is eat a lot of salads and healthy food, plenty of fruits and veg and eliminate rubbish stuff like processed food and voila lose weight.

You are fontain of knowledge. Could you please tell me what are the rules for maintaining. I have not got around to look at maintainers diaries and work it out. Thanks me dears.

It's defo not a fad diet - promoted by loads of doctors, professional chefs etc etc just not for everyone :p I might give it another try once I have my migraines under control but not for me right now :) Definitely agree about the whole avoiding processed food and eating good foods loses the weight and keeps you healthy anyway, but would have been nice to be able to lose weight and still have a few more treats with the 5:2 haha!

As far as I'm aware, apparently the only thing you have to do differently is to have 1 more of each Hex each day :)

Beef stir fry sounds lovely and is something I should try - usually if I do stir fries I either just have veggies or only ever add prawns! Got some beef strips in the freezer so that's on the list for this week :) Yeah, I get bad migraines anyway so don't think it was the best idea tbh :\ Ooh flavoured beetroot?? Never heard of that! How is it flavoured? Where does the OH 'go away' if you don't mind me asking? I'm guessing he has a job that requires travel? We can definitely motivate each other - we can do it!! The weight will come off quickly once you can manage to stick to plan 100% so don't worry too much about it! :)

It's defo not a fad diet - promoted by loads of doctors, professional chefs etc etc just not for everyone :p I might give it another try once I have my migraines under control but not for me right now :) Definitely agree about the whole avoiding processed food and eating good foods loses the weight and keeps you healthy anyway, but would have been nice to be able to lose weight and still have a few more treats with the 5:2 haha!

As far as I'm aware, apparently the only thing you have to do differently is to have 1 more of each Hex each day :)

I suffer terribly with migraines and have been doing the 5:2 diet 2 weeks (just entering my 3rd week). I have increased my water intake and have been fine and lost 6 pounds x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You get the beetroot in the fruit/veg section, seen in Tesco, Morrisons & Asda. If the link works this is the ones from Asda. Tesco does a sweet chilli fire, nice little nip to it.

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-esto...e=Products&headerVersion=v1&_requestid=387131

OH works offshore. He is currently on a rig in the North Sea. Been away just over a week.

For my stir fry I jst jst fry some garlic & chilli, add the beef or chicken, stir fry remove & then do the veg. When nearly done pour a beaten egg into the middle wait till it sets a little & mix through, add some soy sauce & serve. So simple but tasty :)

Xx

I think as you're trying not to lose anymore Rosie just spend a few weeks playing about with the plan? Like SW in the week and do your own thing at weekends? It is a plan for life but if you aren't trying to lose then mix it up a bit, otherwise u may carry on losing.

Yeah my resolve lasted about an hour! We went to the pub I had a massive USA style burger with fries and then some flapjack cookies and some mini heroes. Yeah go me! Blooming fool!

Feel sick now, and it was hours ago!

Oh well back to it tomorrow! It wasn't exactly healthy food but I have just had the 1 meal today so maybe it won't have caused much damage!

Start my new placement tomorrow! Eek! Xx

I think as you're trying not to lose anymore Rosie just spend a few weeks playing about with the plan? Like SW in the week and do your own thing at weekends? It is a plan for life but if you aren't trying to lose then mix it up a bit, otherwise u may carry on losing.
Start my new placement tomorrow! Eek! Xx

Thanks Charl. Went on scales today and seems I have lost another 1.5 lbs - it was not intentional. I had a piece of cake today which is a bit unusual for me. Think have to start experiementing and get the balance right.

Good luck with your placement and hopefully, it gives the motivation to stay within plan.

Hi i am starting slimming world from home today. I have lost weight going to the class before but i really dont like the consultant,i felt when i had a bad week she didnt really help me see where i went wrong or try and help me get back on track,so i thought i would try on here and hopefully get some support from other people trying to do it at home x

Welcome Louise! It's is the perfect place for almost 24 hour support!

Right, I planned 3 days of meals yesterday down to the last syn, and I am on day two.. Superfree breakie of LM sausages, grilled toms, mushrooms, and a 'fried egg' and an orange. I have already made my superfree soup for lunch, and dinner will be yummy Bns cheesy chips with a burger and salad...

I CAN get back on track, and I'm resolved that even if I stay the same this week I am ok with that :)

Hi thanx for the warm welcome .I wish i was as organized as you are. I have had toast(hea) and beans foe breakfast this moring going to make pasta mixed with laughing cow light cheese,peppers and red onion for lunch,not sure whats for dinner tonight will report back on that. Good luck all xx

Louise welcome. As Lou said we are a friendly bunch and help and support each other all the time. Personaly, I do not plan my meals, however, always have things like fruits & veg and meat in the fridge/freezer and make everything from scartch. A lot of others like to plan ahead and works well for them. My advice is try different things and see what suits you best - something that works for one does not work for others. Have a fab day and speak to you soon.

Hi thanx for the warm welcome .I wish i was as organized as you are. I have had toast(hea) and beans foe breakfast this moring going to make pasta mixed with laughing cow light cheese,peppers and red onion for lunch,not sure whats for dinner tonight will report back on that. Good luck all xx

I am being extra organised as I've been in a bit of a rut for three or four weeks, where I have gained and lost and sts.. Im also on some medication which has unhelpful side effects so trying to manage that! I was halfway to my goal, So I am being Extra organised to to try to get past this. Generally the consensus on here is that if you plan your food it's easier plus having plenty of free food and fruit and veg in the cupboard, and you're more likely to stick to it. I do generally plan, but daily.. So I'm trying to refocus by planning to the last syn, increasing fluid and making sure I measure hex's. I WI at home on Wednesdays:)

Good luck to you too!

Hi i am amazed at the support i have had already so much more than i got a class its been fab! I usually plan my meals day by day i am dont like to plan by week my consultant tried to get me to do that but it felt too structured to me so i just stick to day by day. I am a big pasta fan and love that i can have a big plate of pasta and not feel guilty about it.
My fridge is stocked with fruit and veg also muller light yoghurt for when i feel like a snack.Just started today so will weigh in next monday and hopefully see a lower number on the scales .

Welcome Lousie. I have also done the class but did not think our C offered much in the way of confidence as she was a large lady as were the helpers that were in the class. Made you think why should I listen to you telling me to lose weight........

Hopefully by reading diaries you can find all the info you will ever need - if you cant find it just ask!!!

Back