DOING SW FROM HOME???

Thanks hun. A long hot bath sounds great so if one of you lovely ladies could pop over and look after my boys lol

I know it's just cos I'm totally shattered from night shift but mainly from 1hr workout yesterday! Not sure how I'll stay awake tonight.

Also decided to start potty training with my youngest, not going too well at the mo!

Thanks hun. A long hot bath sounds great so if one of you lovely ladies could pop over and look after my boys lol

I know it's just cos I'm totally shattered from night shift but mainly from 1hr workout yesterday! Not sure how I'll stay awake tonight.

Also decided to start potty training with my youngest, not going too well at the mo!

Oh dear, sorry! I remember my mum use to work nightshift when we were very young and how knackering it is! Lots and lots of coffee I think tonight!!

My position at work has been cut - I was suppose to leave end March but one lady has gone part time so they offered me two days a week as a job share. It's not much but at least it helps while I look for a full time role. I imagine however the next two days at work will be highly stressful!

Oh dear, sorry! I remember my mum use to work nightshift when we were very young and how knackering it is! Lots and lots of coffee I think tonight!!

My position at work has been cut - I was suppose to leave end March but one lady has gone part time so they offered me two days a week as a job share. It's not much but at least it helps while I look for a full time role. I imagine however the next two days at work will be highly stressful!

Oh no, that's pants. But as you said, 2 days is better than nothing. What do you do? Fingers crossed something will come up for you xx

I work as a childcare solicitor (issuing care proceedings etc). It's an interesting job but I have been thinking of a career change! I only work as a locumn so when the budget is cut, we are the first to go.

It's a lot of work and working for a local authority the pay isn't what you would expect if you worked privately and they do like to work you as hard as they can! I still prefer it to private practice which I think is too focused on making money for the company.

I think I'd like to change careers but my husband and I are quite keen on starting a family and really couldn't afford for me to retrain.

I'm so heavy I think I should lose weight before we start trying for babies. This time will give me a chance to focus on the weight I think.

What do you do? When someone says nightshift I always assume they work in a hospital!

HI Susie

Great that hubs is doing it with you too and loosing, my hubs just like to say you wanna do it like this then stuff his face with the things he tells me he doesn't eat much of... when he tells me obviously I eat too many vegetables and that my problem sooo annoying he can loose weight easily if he puts his mind to it and does no exercise at all....

its taken ages for my husband to get his mindset about losing weight... he was 22 stone in January... 6'2" and 63 this year... much too heavy, he crushed his foot 3 years ago and still has problems with walking and even though has an active job he soldiers on.. but any other extra excercise or social walking is tiring so its difficult for him to lose weight ... now he weighs 20 stone and has done so well... I am so proud of him... he can actually do the buttons up on his suits. He doesnt fully understand SW but he trusts me to keep him on track... he doesnt give in now to the pasties and crisps for lunch, he takes fruit with him and will buy a packet of ham/toms and a plain roll instead. fortunately he loves veg and salads but the snacks watching the tv have had to go unless its for treats. He used to bring in bars of chocolates for treats for me (to show he loves me ha ha) and we would eat a bag each of kettle crisps.... now he brings me flowers! bless him..

We are looking forward to the warmer weather, when we feel a bit fitter and lighter to go for bike rides (the neighbors will get their cameras out!) and some gentle walks together.. We both have the same goals now to feel fitter in our 60's.

I really really ache today, gonna drink lots of water and lemons!

Not sure on lunch today, run out of salad. Think I'll have a stir fry and chicken fajitas tonight with bns wedges instead of wraps. Another night shift tonight and haven't got over mon night yet :-( soooo tempting to eat rubbish when you're feeling rubbish

Aww Jen (Hug)) just keep telling yourself it's only a few more days to go.... and take some nice SW comfort food with you xxx

I work as a childcare solicitor (issuing care proceedings etc). It's an interesting job but I have been thinking of a career change! I only work as a locumn so when the budget is cut, we are the first to go.

It's a lot of work and working for a local authority the pay isn't what you would expect if you worked privately and they do like to work you as hard as they can! I still prefer it to private practice which I think is too focused on making money for the company.

I think I'd like to change careers but my husband and I are quite keen on starting a family and really couldn't afford for me to retrain.

I'm so heavy I think I should lose weight before we start trying for babies. This time will give me a chance to focus on the weight I think.

What do you do? When someone says nightshift I always assume they work in a hospital![/QUOTE

I used to be a Legal Secretary mainly working in child/divorce law and it was so stressful and harrowing..I used to be quite slim then! Its a good idea to start a healthy diet plan not just to lose weight but for your own health and your baby's during pregnancy and after... if you dont look after yourself no one else will and your family depend on you to look after them and if you are unwell it makes things difficult. That's what I found anyway... you need your sleep and look after your immune system, blood pressure etc. Having children is a long term project (my eldest is 40 this year and I still worry about him).

How do you feel about the Legal Aid being cut for divorce and child custody.... when I heard about it this week I thought that will be so difficult for the vulnerable parents. Its the children that will suffer.

Susieb that is lovely that you are both working together to get fitter. Congrats to your hubby for losing 2 stone. It is not easy but once you get to a routine you do not want to eat rubbish to put it back. Yes lighetr and warmer evenings will hep with some gentle exercise - every little bit counts. Well done to both of you having the determination and drive and I am sure you'll do very well. Have a great day.

Aww Susie you're both doing great and your hubs is working hard making those changes and trusting you for SW my hubs always questions everything diet wise as he "knows all":rolleyes: . I'd rather have flowers than chocolate anyday:) Funny I've never been one for snacking in front of the TV I'd rather just have a cup of tea, but I'm terible snacker when I'm reading if I'm not careful.

Right lovely SW day for me not sure either Red or SE depending on what I'm doing for dinner, I fancy something nice but don't know what yet, I've got some peppers that need using up so might do lasagne and use them as the "pasta" with BNS chips...

Breakfast will be the fruit and yoghurt that needs using up, I've got some homemade chicken soup on the go for lunch which I'll have with some left over cold meat from the weekend and salad or I might make a turkey sandwich to go with it

Right exercise and Housecleaning next

Have a good day ladies

Hi Susie, yes I really do want to start my pregnancy healthy even if I lose 2/3 stone I think it will start me off in a much more healthier, stronger place. My blood pressure at the moment is ok but has been high in the past where the nurse was considering if I needed medication.

I can imagine how stressful working in private practice can be. I did my training in private practice and it really is all go and the pressure on the secretaries was immense! All the LSC reforms are terrible. Working for a local authority we don't really feel the impact but you do notice that firms who do legal aid work are becoming less and less with some even closing down.

It is really hard for parents as they cannot access it so easily as many firms just won't or aren't able to take the work on. I think it's just going to get worse as more cuts are made. The legal profession is not what it use to be, and so many people are losing their jobs or just can't find the work which is really sad. We had 10 positions cut already at my LA with management informing us that more will be made next year.

Sorry for the long post - I forgot to say congrates to your hubby for his weight loss, that is great. My hubby wants to get healthy - he says he will eat dinners but he always then wants toast after lol

Yes, am a nurse. But I start a new job next week in a surgery, practice nurse. So no more weekends, nights or bank holidays, woohoo!

Thanks, still feels totally surreal! Bit of a dream job, worrying I won't be able to do the job now lol. 2 supernumerary weeks so that'll be good!

Hey all! Hope your doing well!
Well the good news is the kitchens finally finished! Yey!! So we can hopefully get back to some healthy sw cooking!
The bad news is after a lot of wine, roasts and buffets I've put on 1/2lb but I'm happy with that as ive had a few weeks off plan but only put on 1.5lbs!
Really need to motivate myself again!
X

I put on 2lbs this week but recently my heart hasn't been in it but I really want to lose 5lb by my wedding anniversary :D I do good then slip up once in week and that's it I go on self destruct - I MUST STOP and start coming on here more often for support. I've even started a food diary and not sticked to that so I must from now on :D

Back