DOING SW FROM HOME???

Good luck Jen, can't wait to hear how it goes :)
well done Lou, that's a great loss.
1.7 off for me this week so really lost what I gained over Easter and half a lb.

Thanks hun! Arrived 30mins early as wasn't sure of traffic so sat having a cuppa waiting for staff to arrive. Am soooo nervous! I want to be good at this, sounds sad but it's my dream job so feeling pressured!

Thanks hun! Arrived 30mins early as wasn't sure of traffic so sat having a cuppa waiting for staff to arrive. Am soooo nervous! I want to be good at this, sounds sad but it's my dream job so feeling pressured!

Jen, you'll be fine! I hope they help you get over the nerves soon so you can enjoy your first day xxx

Hey Ladies!
2lb on...I've totally lost it! :(
Need to get back into my SW routine but just can't seem to? It's hard at the mo with a lot going on but sure I'll get back into it soon!
Hope your all well! x

Thanks ladies! Finally feel back in the game :)
Good luck today Jen- the nerves will pass once you're in there, you'll be fine :)
Tilly, I've had a month of struggling- you will get there love xx

Good luck with your new job today Jen. Tilly you will get back into the swing when you are ready x

Good Luck Jen!

Thanks Girls! The kitchen is finally done so no excuses really just need to start actually cooking now!
Still going slow with my house were still waiting for the survey report to come through! Just praying there's nothing seriously wrong with it now as we've spent a lot of time on it so it'd be a shame if it wasn't the right one for us!
Fingers crossed anyway! x

Morning all. What is it with men? My ex has dragged me through the courts 13 times for equal access to the children over the last 4 years. Demanding half the school holidays and here we are, school holidays and his half. I get a text asking if I will speak to our eldest son as he won't do what he is told. I speak to him later in the day and all seems well. I then get a text late last night saying he can't cope with him and he is bringing him back now. The boy is only 8 and it transpires that this is all because an 8 year old wouldn't make his bed or get dressed. I am 37 and don't make my bed lol. Needless to say he was very distressed when he got home. Woke him up this morning to take him to grandmas as I have to work and he got up, folded his pjs, made his bed and got dressed with no fuss. Why fight for it if you can't handle it? RANT OVER!
Hope you have a lovely day Jen and well done all you loser and maintainers and don't give up you gainers. You can and will do it x

IM BACCKKK!!!!!!

I went completly and utterly off the rails eating and drinking as much as i wanted and after finally getting into the 9's I'm now back to 10.2! I've been telling myself for weeks, ill start back now this week or tomorrow but that just NEVER happens! But I woke up this morning determined, so I've had a hot water with lemon and a banana and some melon for breakfast and I'm prepared to start over again.
It's my sons communion in 4 weeks time so that should be reason enough for me to get my arse in gear.

So, here I go again - onwards and downwards ;-)

Hi everyone,

does everyone always weigh every week? When I was younger I use to weigh myself several times a day but got to the stage a few years ago where i only weighed a couple of times a year and always stayed around the same. Since trying slimming world last year when clothes started to get tighter and the scales confirmed i had gained I really really hate weighing myself. Am I normal?

I can very sooo much from day to day but if I gain it really upsets me. I know its just a number but that number has so much power!

I actually forgot to do it last Thursday morning and once i had remembered i had already had breakfast so didnt weigh. instead i decided to do a 2 week weigh tomorrow but I am dreading it!!:cry:

Hate the scales so much! They have the power to make or break my whole day, dread weigh in!

Best to weigh yourself once a week on a set day or every other week. I find if I weigh myself any day except WI day my weight varies so much. I suppose our brain and body get used to WI day.

Hi everyone,

does everyone always weigh every week? When I was younger I use to weigh myself several times a day but got to the stage a few years ago where i only weighed a couple of times a year and always stayed around the same. Since trying slimming world last year when clothes started to get tighter and the scales confirmed i had gained I really really hate weighing myself. Am I normal?

I can very sooo much from day to day but if I gain it really upsets me. I know its just a number but that number has so much power!

I actually forgot to do it last Thursday morning and once i had remembered i had already had breakfast so didnt weigh. instead i decided to do a 2 week weigh tomorrow but I am dreading it!!:cry:

Hate the scales so much! They have the power to make or break my whole day, dread weigh in!

When I used to go to WW our C told us that they used to have to go to meetings and at one of the meetings they were asked to weight themselves at certain times through the day and they all varied in losing or gaining 7lbs in the day. I think you should only weigh once a week on a set day/time. If you do it more you can get to hung up on the bad and then sabotage yourself because you think you have gained weight but in actual fact come WI day you could have lost.

Hi everyone,

hey,
i think I am probably right in saying that most of us weigh regularly once a week land generally stick to the same time of day - without a class you're not limited.. I weigh first thing on a wednesday morning before breakfast.
It's definitely best to stick to a routine, but 14 days is fine - people who do go to class and have a holiday week would have a two week WI. - By doing it weekly though you can stick to the same time/day of the week and you may also be able to see patterns then in occasions you find more difficult to stick to plan. If you can try sticking to weekly then you'll also be able to see steady progress as the plan works for you - each loss will motivate you, and if you do end up with a gain you can use the next week to turn it around.

I totally know what you mean about seeing a gain though - I've had a really demotivating month and its been really hard not to just chuck it all in at times but if you stick to it and find the plan combination that works best for you you will start to see a steady loss.

I have to admit to being a bit if a scale hopper - know what my body does through a day and I know that I should not go on in the evenings as it means nothing, and is usually at least 2 lb heavier!!! I always weigh with no clothes on, so also way to faffy getting undressed through the day!lol

Try to get into a routine of weighing - record what the scales say then move on to the rest of your day.

Our start and goal weights are quite similar ( though you are taller) and it has taken me 13 weeks to lose 9lb - I know it's not coming off quickly but I am really happy that its seems to be steady and I haven't had any massive gains.
Good luck with your journey - and try not to see the scales as your enemy x

Thank you so much for your replies everyone :) will continue and weigh once a week at the same time. Think I just don't have much faith in the plan yet as I haven't had success with it in the past but everyone on here is so inspirational that I really want this to be the plan for life for me.

will see tomorrow how its going....

I'm currently doing SW from home but I'm struggling lol. The will power is just not there as much so I'm debating going back after my holiday.
How do you all stay focused? Any help is appreciated xxx

I'm currently doing SW from home but I'm struggling lol. The will power is just not there as much so I'm debating going back after my holiday.

Sorry you're struggling Mrs :/
Minis is the main thing that has kept me going doing it from home - I have tried over the last few years without, and like I said earlier it may have stopped me gaining but never managed to lose.
I write my diary fairly religiously whether on here or MFP ( though I don't cal count per say) and generally use the lovely support on here. Even when I am not active on here I find others really inspiring.
I've really struggled the last month with medication that was having adverse affects on my bowels (tmi sorry!) but I feel like that is now under control and I am back on track... :) my other motivation is wanting to be back in trousers that I used to fit into! I was heading for the size 14s, now feeling comfy in a 12 again and aiming to get comfortable in my size 10s again.
Hope you can get back on track so you can enjoy your holiday :)

I agree with Lou - the main thing that kept me focussed and on track was both coming on here to chat with all you lovely ladies and keeping a diary of everything I've eaten!

Best thing to do when you need to get back into SW when you're willpower is lagging is to make foods that don't feel like SW foods - i.e. have a green day and have a dinner of SW chips, beans, and cheese! Make a big roast dinner at the weekend with all the trimmings, keep mini meringue nests and low fat squirty cream in the house for quick, yummy desserts when you feel like you're having a wobble, low syn crisps like French Fries and space invaders, try out some new recipes you've been hanging on to for ages! SW was best for me when I got myself 'excited' about food - not having the same thing for dinner every day, get inventive etc :) Always helps with will power!

Gosh, really need to take my own advice, been off of it practically since November haha!! x

It can be hard from home as I alway think oh I will start tomorrow.. But now my head is in the right place. Once holiday is out the way it's eating healthy and running...x

Evening all

Not in a gd place tonight. Got news when I got in from work that a friend from where i used to live and went to school with her sister passed away this afternoon. She had cancer and sadly lost the battle, she was 35 :-( Taken far too young.

Hard to think about watching wot I am eating when there is so much worse going on :'(

Back