DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi all

not had too bad a day, head still in shock over friends death, jst waiting to hear when funeral is going to be.

Registered for Race for Life today and going to a jog Scotland meeting on Monday, they meet twice a week & help to build up stamina which I need for Race for Life :) Hoping that OH will join me as he been putting on the weight with being offshore now. He won't always make it but if he comes for the 1st few then I won't mind going it alone.

Think my head is in the right place for this now :)

Hope you have all had a good evening x

Sorry to hear about your friend hun, so tragic at such a young age. Big hugs xxx

You doing the 5 or 10k?

Sorry to hear about your friend hun, so tragic at such a young age. Big hugs xxx

You doing the 5 or 10k?

Thanks Jenny. So hard as same age as me :-(

Just doin 5k but hoping this running club will open some new doors for me. I used to be a great runner when I was young, fastest in my school!! How times have changed!!!

Oh, todays been a rollercoaster... Found out step dad is seeing someone just 10mths after mum passed away.. explains a lot and seems too soon but if its helping him cope, then fine, but doesn't excuse his shitness with us in the past months.
What a night.. I now know I have to see him and her on sat, which I'm now dreading but appreciate my step sis giving me a heads up... Feel like I need a break though please world.... One thing after another :( all resulted in a rather over syns few glasses of wine :(

Excuse rant..x

Last edited:
Oh, todays been a rollercoaster... Found out step dad is seeing someone just 10mths after mum passed away.. explains a lot and seems too soon but if its helping him cope, then fine, but doesn't excuse his shitness with us in the past months.
What a night.. I now know I have to see him and her on sat, which I'm now dreading but appreciate my step sis giving me a heads up... Feel like I need a break though please world.... One thing after another :( all resulted in a rather over syns few glasses of wine :(

Excuse rant..x

Morning sorry to hear you have been upset. It's never easy in those situations. Your step dad's shitiness may be down to feeling guilty and not realising how he is actually acting? If you are close to him may talk to him or get your step sister to do so?

I understand the rollercoaster as lost a friend (35yrs) to cancer a couple of days ago - life really is unfair.

Chin up and do your best with sticking to SW x

Morning sorry to hear you have been upset. It's never easy in those situations. Your step dad's shitiness may be down to feeling guilty and not realising how he is actually acting? If you are close to him may talk to him or get your step sister to do so?

I understand the rollercoaster as lost a friend (35yrs) to cancer a couple of days ago - life really is unfair.

Chin up and do your best with sticking to SW x
Thanks Alycyn, i think it's a bit of everything that has made him crap, I'm sure he feels guilty.. he's not a great communicator anyway.. The only communication since October has been by email or text and we saw him once.. Been trying to give him space to deal with it his own way, though sometimes I just get angry with him for not keeping up in the loop. Was just a bit of a shock last night really. I may or may not go to this do tomorrow now, will see how I feel.
Life really is unfair and I am sorry to hear your news too, 35 is way too young, mum was 60 and that was too young too. There's definitely something to be said for living every day and making every day special and I hope I have learnt that from my mum - during six years of terminal illness she really did everything she could to find little things to make her smile :)

off to a wedding today so apart from the worry of the rain messing up my Kurt Geigers... I am going to have of good day :) (and I think I made good SW choices for the menu as I remember so apart from wine, I aim to be good;))
Xx hope you find something to make you smile today too xx

Thanks Alycyn, i think it's a bit of everything that has made him crap, I'm sure he feels guilty.. he's not a great communicator anyway.. The only communication since October has been by email or text and we saw him once.. Been trying to give him space to deal with it his own way, though sometimes I just get angry with him for not keeping up in the loop. Was just a bit of a shock last night really. I may or may not go to this do tomorrow now, will see how I feel.
Life really is unfair and I am sorry to hear your news too, 35 is way too young, mum was 60 and that was too young too. There's definitely something to be said for living every day and making every day special and I hope I have learnt that from my mum - during six years of terminal illness she really did everything she could to find little things to make her smile :)

off to a wedding today so apart from the worry of the rain messing up my Kurt Geigers... I am going to have of good day :) (and I think I made good SW choices for the menu as I remember so apart from wine, I aim to be good;))
Xx hope you find something to make you smile today too xx

Hi lou, sorry to hear about your friend and the prediciment with your stepdad, it basically boils down to the fact that most men cant be alone and need a woman it their life. I know that doesn't help you much as your pain is still very raw, my mum has been dead 16 years and I still miss her. Go you your wedding and try to have a good time. if you cant face meeting your stepdads partner tomorrow you can use the excuse of the wedding and that you are too tired. but maybe it might be a ggod time to get the meeting out of the way, at least if there are a few other people around it shouldn't be too awkward.

Hugs..... Polly

Just on lunch and having a toasted WM Roll with spreading cheese and sliced sweet fire beetroot - lovely:)

Scales finally showing the 10s this morning, feel much better!

Beef bourignon today and wait for it..........apparently summer is on it's way!!!!!!

Yay Jen!! Well done :)

Wedding was ace :) I'm now utterly shattered and trying to work out if we can get the train where we are going this avo so I don't have to drive!!!

Definitely feeling milder out there!

Well done Jen that's great, cant wait till I reach the 10's.

Weigh day today, 2 pounds down, but this is two pound lost before and put on over Easter so still chasing that last pound for my 4 stone mini target. I'll will get it next week though. On track for my 7 week challenge. Hope you all have a good weekend.

Polly x

Lost 2.25lbs this morn so journey definitely started :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Haven't been posting as much as I'd have liked. Been SO busy!! ?

Hubs gave me a fright yesterday. I have to help him shower as he's disabled when he blacked out. Tried to revive him without success. Dialling 999 was the only thing I could think of. Dried him & kept him warm while I waited. Felt happier when he was in the ambulance.

He was kept in over night & I've just collected him. This has happened before. The only thing they could think of was that one of his meds sometimes has that effect. It will have to be changed if it happens again.

0.5lb loss this week. But not bothered about it at the moment!

Glad things ok now Grannie. Xx

Glad things ok now Grannie. Xx

Happy Sunday all, I'm shattered still from wedding on Fri, but it was brill. Saw SD test too, and it was fine as he came alone thank goodness :) will just keep plodding on with that one..!

Need to be back 100% today as I was flexible Fri and a bit yesterday too as there were party nibbles- I didn't go mad though..

Youngest has a bday party today so I will fill up before to avoid more party nibbles and thinking I might do some sw roasts tonight with some meat for OH as he will be hungry after working all day.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday- I'm completely thrown by a Friday wedding and it doesn't feel like Sunday!
X

Thanx for the replies girls, he's much better now?

Hope everyone's having a good Sunday.

There's a strange yellow thing in the sky. Haven't seen it for a while. It's name escapes me! ?

Well had a good weekend.

Lost 2.25lbs on Saturday soapy with that. Given me some motivation.

Had my wee cuz & OH's brother over for a drink last night so had 4 amigos and some snacks not completely overboard. It was my treat night. Back on it today.

Going to be a difficult week tho as I am going home on tues aft work for a funeral on wed. Was due to be down on fri anyway so jst staying down. Need to do my own shop I think to make sure all good tho there will prob be drink consumed on we'd then I have a party on fri nite!!

Not sure what having for rest of day. Not goin shop cos we both away on tues.

Back