DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hey Ladies!
I'm glad to say I have lost 1.5lbs this week! Yey so happy! After 4-5 weeks of gaining I'm thrilled to haberdasher a loss!
I'm surprised tho as it's TOTM so feel all bloated n yuk but the lemon water must have worked! :D
Good Luck all xx

Well done Tilly!

Good luck at the hospital Grannie x

0.7 off for me this week. Had a text off my old consultant yesterday encouraging old members to take up a free joining offer in one of the women's mags this week, I feel like I'm starting to dwindle a bit but somehow I really don't think that returning to group will help!

Hi Im fairly new to doing slimming world and a newbie on these forums , I tried SW last year but for situations beyond my control my weightloss had to go on the back burner , Im back but would love some help and advice and tips that could make this long journey an easier one :)
Thanks in advance :)

Welcome!! The forum is fab, and you'll get any help you need.

Which plan are you following? Lots of us try and use minimal SYNS in our meals which means you can use SYNS on alcohol or treats, which makes it feel a lot less like a diet. Meal planning and having the right foods in the house work really well also, when I go crazy off plan it's usually as I haven't planned or am really low on foods at home and I'll go buy something off plan (which is stupid really as I could just as easily buy SW food!) eating regularly helps too. If I go too long without food I cheat, like when I don't eat breakfast I go crazy off plan. Start a food diary on here as it helps at first and you can put all your foods down but be really honest or it doesn't work, also it's a good place to vent, mine really is somewhere I go when I don't want to talk to people around me about how I feel, plus you won't bore your family to death with diet talk constantly!

Anyway good luck, and you'll do great. :)

Well done Till, and good luck at the hospital Grannie :)

1lb off for me this week... Next mini target is 1 stone off... So 4 to go...!

I have just had a lovely morning - started my first drawing and painting class - which is part of my 'big scheme' of trying to get onto the Art foundation ..... The tutor was very helpful... And I managed to relax after I had not been able to find the place and arrived 10 mins late! Then spent the next two hours planning and talking about painting a tall vase. Was slickly nervous to begin with, but I think I am going to like it :)

no idea what to have for lunch, and I have just snacked on pickled silver skin onions!
Hope you're all having a good day xx

Oh my life... Dunno whether its cos I had late lunch (wasn't exactly starving tho), but since I last posted I've not stopped eating! I had a jacket spud with salad, cheese (a) and superfree tomato sauce for lunch, then a Special K bar (b), mullerlight...Then a cadburys highlight, then a blooming mugshot, and for tea with the kids I have just had egg 'fried' rice, with broccoli and another mullerlight! It seems ridiculous, but maybe i needed a mega green day, and I think I am finally full...! Might regret it later... Just call me carb bloat lady!
:)

Oh my life... Dunno whether its cos I had late lunch (wasn't exactly starving tho), but since I last posted I've not stopped eating! I had a jacket spud with salad, cheese (a) and superfree tomato sauce for lunch, then a Special K bar (b), mullerlight...Then a cadburys highlight, then a blooming mugshot, and for tea with the kids I have just had egg 'fried' rice, with broccoli and another mullerlight! It seems ridiculous, but maybe i needed a mega green day, and I think I am finally full...! Might regret it later... Just call me carb bloat lady!
:)

At least its all on plan ;)

could I ask which Special K bar is a HEB choice?

Hey guys, just popping in :)

Completely agree about the prices of passports Priya! I've just sent off my application for a renewal and it's crazy! Specially on my wages haha! Just over a weeks wages, ridiculous!! Better not be any bloody spelling mistakes ;D

Trying to do SW atm but it's not working properly as I'm not motivated enough... Eating much better than I was though :) Also got back to the gym today! Was perfect, felt refreshed and re-energised after a hard day at work :) x

At least its all on plan ;)

could I ask which Special K bar is a HEB choice?

ive just realised it'll have to be a bit of a 'b tweak' just for today - I usually use two alpen lights for hex, but the Special K ones were on offer...! Doh!

Found this list on minis - though its from a while back, hope this helps....

HEb – Cereal Bars (G/O)
Alpen - 2 Alpen Light Cereal Bars (21g bars, any variety)

Asda – 2 Asda Real Strawberry/Real Apple Fruit bars (20g bar)

Kellogg's - 1 Kellogg's All-Bran Honey & Oat Bar (27g bar)

Ryvita - 2 Ryvita Goodness Bars (23g bars, any variety)

Sainsbury - 1 Sainsbury BGtY Honey, Nut and Seed Cereal bar (32g bar)
Sainsbury - 1 Sainsbury BGtY Apple & Blackcurrant M/G & Prebiotic Cereal bar (25g bar)
Sainsbury - 1 Sainsbury BGtY Maple M/G & Prebiotic Cereal bar (25g bar)
Sainsbury - 1 Sainsbury BGtY Pink Grapefruit M/G & Prebiotic Cereal bar (25g bar)
Sainsbury - 1 Sainsbury BGtY Apricot & Peach M/G & Prebiotic Cereal bar (25g bar)

Slimming World - HiFi bar (any variety)

Something Xtra - 1 Something Xtra Cranberry & Chocolate Cereal Bar (32g bar)

Tesco – 1 Tesco Healthy Living Apricot & Oat Crumble Bar (29g bar)

Went to the hospital earlier about my sleep disorder. Was told I'd have to go back for overnight observation. As soon as I got home the phone rang. They wanted me in tomorrow!

I'd already said I needed a few days notice in order to organise care for hubby. Anyway, I'm now booked in for 30th April. Gonna be there for 24 hours as there'll be more tests the next day. Hubby will be going to our son.

Still doing ok with food. Egg salad for lunch. Yesterday's SW cottage pie for tea. Think I'll have salmon tomorrow. Got it reduced in Morrisons. Not sure how I'd like the salmon cooked yet. Probably oven baked with lemon & bay leaf. Mmmmmm..........

ive just realised it'll have to be a bit of a 'b tweak' just for today - I usually use two alpen lights for hex, but the Special K ones were on offer...! Doh!

Found this list on minis - though its from a while back, hope this helps....

HEb – Cereal Bars (G/O)
Alpen - 2 Alpen Light Cereal Bars (21g bars, any variety)

Asda – 2 Asda Real Strawberry/Real Apple Fruit bars (20g bar)

Kellogg's - 1 Kellogg's All-Bran Honey & Oat Bar (27g bar)

Ryvita - 2 Ryvita Goodness Bars (23g bars, any variety)

Sainsbury - 1 Sainsbury BGtY Honey, Nut and Seed Cereal bar (32g bar)
Sainsbury - 1 Sainsbury BGtY Apple & Blackcurrant M/G & Prebiotic Cereal bar (25g bar)
Sainsbury - 1 Sainsbury BGtY Maple M/G & Prebiotic Cereal bar (25g bar)
Sainsbury - 1 Sainsbury BGtY Pink Grapefruit M/G & Prebiotic Cereal bar (25g bar)
Sainsbury - 1 Sainsbury BGtY Apricot & Peach M/G & Prebiotic Cereal bar (25g bar)

Slimming World - HiFi bar (any variety)

Something Xtra - 1 Something Xtra Cranberry & Chocolate Cereal Bar (32g bar)

Tesco – 1 Tesco Healthy Living Apricot & Oat Crumble Bar (29g bar)

oooh this is interesting, i wonder if the BGTY cereal bars are still a hexb? they sound tasty!

Might see if I can find someone with web access to confirm :)

I think it's great if you have time to go to a class and it motivates a lot of people ...personally I would get weighed and then go because there are things I would rather do ie spin class , walk the dog etc

I guess it is what is best for you

faye cheshire

recipe books help too and of course there are alway great recipes and suggestions on this site ...couldn't live without it now Ive found it

Faye cheshire

Couldn't do quotes on my phone.

On the subject of cereal bars. I buy Morrisons own NU-ME bars as they are cheaper than Alpen. The calorie content differs depending on the flavour. The ones I have at the moment are cranberry at 73 calories each.

Does anyone know how many I can have per day? I've been having two and counting them like Alpen lights.

Hope I'm doing it right!

Hi all, sorry not been on. My job is taking all my thinking time, it's less hours but I am soooo tired. So much to learn!

Anyhow, not being too great at the mo. Could be a lot worse, am sticking to sw meals but the odd biscuit keeps creeping in lol. I was 10st 13lb on sat so probably back at 11st 2lb now. Will get my butt outside running I think.

As for anyone considering joining a class. A lot of people do need it BUT it can definitely be done from home. I have never been to a class, just used minimins (especially this thread) for help and support. I have lost a lot of weight and got to target (4 stone) so it can be done! Ask anything, everyone is super lovely and you'll get more support than just 1hr once a week, we're free too lol xxx

Morning all

Well I think my scales have gone crazy. Yesterday I was 1.8 pounds down which I was delighted with as I am doing a 7 week challenge to lose a stone for my hols. Then this morning I hop on and I'm almost 3 pounds up!!! So demotivated now, was pretty good yesterday too!! I know I shouldn't be weighing every day but its what I do and I can't stop. Will go out for a walk at lunch time and maybe another one later. Had Berries, low fat yogurt and 20gs of benefit this morning, have 4 cracottes (20 cals each) two extra light cheese triangles, some ham and egg salad for lunch and have Quorn chilli and rice for dinner so I hope to see a little loss tomorrow.

Polly

Couldn't do quotes on my phone.

On the subject of cereal bars. I buy Morrisons own NU-ME bars as they are cheaper than Alpen. The calorie content differs depending on the flavour. The ones I have at the moment are cranberry at 73 calories each.

Does anyone know how many I can have per day? I've been having two and counting them like Alpen lights.

Hope I'm doing it right!

Ive asked on another thread for up to date list and all I have so far is:

1 Alpen Ligh Cereal Bar marked F & S
2 Alpen Light Cereal Bars marked as FF
1 Kellog's Special K Chewy Delight Bar

The ones SW Specify are are ok is to do with the fibre and other contents not just to do with calories - so I would be careful doing that too often Grannie - you might not be getting all the important stuff your body needs if you're not having a full HEXB.. I don't personally see anything wrong with a tweak on occasion but maybe not every day.. I live on alpen lights, usually daily have two as one of my HEXB's as I can have an afternoon and an evening cheeky treat.. But you're right they are expensive!

if there is anyone else on this thread doing SW from hope but using the website perhaps could you have a look for us?l, Ty:)

I have a question for anyone that uses a slow cooker please.........

I've just bought one and had a read through the instructions and it says that any liquid has to be boiling before going in so basically I have to do it all on the hob - which I think is pointless, then transfer it (half cooked) to the slow cooker to cook it fully??

Is this the norm with them?? I thought I could just throw in all the ingredients cold, switch it on and leave it!!!

Ive asked on another thread for up to date list and all I have so far is:

1 Alpen Ligh Cereal Bar marked F & S
2 Alpen Light Cereal Bars marked as FF
1 Kellog's Special K Chewy Delight Bar

The ones SW Specify are are ok is to do with the fibre and other contents not just to do with calories - so I would be careful doing that too often Grannie - you might not be getting all the important stuff your body needs if you're not having a full HEXB.. I don't personally see anything wrong with a tweak on occasion but maybe not every day.. I live on alpen lights, usually daily have two as one of my HEXB's as I can have an afternoon and an evening cheeky treat.. But you're right they are expensive!

if there is anyone else on this thread doing SW from hope but using the website perhaps could you have a look for us?l, Ty:)

Thanks for looking that up for me!

Suppose I could tweak it a bit by having only one and a slice of wm toast!

Back