DOING SW FROM HOME???

Ah grannie let us know how you get on, must be really hard to handle it all on your own. Good luck with the council, they can be pretty difficult when they decide to be!

Well I lost 5lbs this week which is probably all carb bloat from the last 2 weeks of eating rubbish but it's nice seeing the scales drop so much!

Xx

Wow, go you! Good ol red days xx

Oh thanks so much! I'm dying to try it!!!

I have a back bacon joint in the fridge can I cook that in it? Any idea what to do with it?

Had a look at the recipe for the bacon joint.
Pete stated you needed a large old saucepan. But I`m sure that if you`re putting it in a slow cooker it shoud be ok.
You need 2ltrs of diet coke to go with your bacon.

His recipe didn`t have any herbs, spices or any other flavouring apart from the diet coke which he recommends you
don`t drink. Personally I would put herbs and spices of my choice and turn the coke into some sort of sauce to go with it.
After all there`s diet coke chicken recipes floating about that use the coke as a sauce. So I can`t see a problem with doing the same with a bacon joint.

I`ve got one in the freezer that I`m going to use at the weekend. So I`ll experiment with it!

Had a look at the recipe for the bacon joint.
Pete stated you needed a large old saucepan. But I`m sure that if you`re putting it in a slow cooker it shoud be ok.
You need 2ltrs of diet coke to go with your bacon.

His recipe didn`t have any herbs, spices or any other flavouring apart from the diet coke which he recommends you
don`t drink. Personally I would put herbs and spices of my choice and turn the coke into some sort of sauce to go with it.
After all there`s diet coke chicken recipes floating about that use the coke as a sauce. So I can`t see a problem with doing the same with a bacon joint.

I`ve got one in the freezer that I`m going to use at the weekend. So I`ll experiment with it!

Thanks grannie Anne,
Would you believe I did exactly that this morning! Just put the bacon in the slow cooker and just covered it with diet coke, didnt add anything else - so fingers crossed ill get some type of a decent dinner tonight ha ha!!
Thanks for going to the trouble to look it up for me - ill let you know how it turns out :)

Hi everyone!

I've just started doing SW Online (again!) and I've got around 3 stones to lose. I'm a long-time member of Minimins and have done SW off-and-on since 2010. Really enjoying remembering some of the nice recipes there are, and I've had a good couple of days so far!

Afternoon ladies and welcome to the newbies, you'll love it here everyone is so supportive

Grannie hope the meeting went okay xx

Aww Jen thats sucky about the school, can you appeal or go on the waiting list as parents do swap around once the places are allocated? My kids school is hopeless the infants is fantastic but once they transfer across the playground to juniors is really rubbish (Two separate schools same site) I thought it was bad enough when Soph was there but now the only reason I didn't move them is because they're settled and they are doing well there it's just a crap school.

oops gotta dash school run time xx

Thanks grannie Anne,
Would you believe I did exactly that this morning! Just put the bacon in the slow cooker and just covered it with diet coke, didnt add anything else - so fingers crossed ill get some type of a decent dinner tonight ha ha!!
Thanks for going to the trouble to look it up for me - ill let you know how it turns out :)

If your sauce doesn't reduce in the slow cooker you can reduce it down in a frying pan,

I've not tried it yet but I have wondered about adding five spice and honey (1syn per tsp I think) to the coke and making an asian style sauce I do a full cal version which is nice so I'm going to experiment using the diet coke to make a SW friendly version..

Been good as in having breakfast and lunch today and not skipping meals and I'm starving again already and it's ages away til dinner tonight grrr

Green day for me as I want chips with my quorn SF burger, I forget how much you can do intersting things on a green day lunch was giant cous cous with lamb style quorn strips cooked in pasata and herbs from the kebab meat recipe

Hi everyone!

I've just started doing SW Online (again!) and I've got around 3 stones to lose. I'm a long-time member of Minimins and have done SW off-and-on since 2010. Really enjoying remembering some of the nice recipes there are, and I've had a good couple of days so far!

Hi

I have also 3 stone to lose, have done SW on off since 2005, am starting again too! So good luck, let me know how your doing!

Well I'm back from town and the council!!

Had to wait ages and when we were seen the bloke thought he was being funny by mentioning that I now wear glasses. I didn't when my passport photo was taken. After a while, his supervisor put in an appearance. She was a bit miffed we'd gone to the GP before them. Suppose they'd have had more of a chance of sending us away without our GP's backing.

So, watch this space as they say! We can't really upset the council too much or they won't help us!

Not sure yet whether I want to be in town. While there's some nice places there's some awful places full of drunks & druggies. But if we were in town getting around would be much easier. Being our in the sticks as we are now can be a bit tricky!

In the meantime, thanks for the kind words girlies, they really help me to cope!

Mmm just had a lovely Quorn Spag Bol with loads of peppers and mushrooms, garlic & herbs! Delish! I really enjoy my pasta and rice dishes! x

image.jpg

This is my lovely lovely lounge for a week! But more importantly my new kitchen!
So excited, I can t actually believe its happening!
Steamed recipes welcome :)

Happy Friday lovely minis x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    807.1 KB · Views: 62
Morning all! Lovely day here in the far east (of England!)

Just got back from my walk. Feeling good so hoping for a loss on my wi later. Bumped into the local SW consultant who was walking her dog. Without thinking I said I hadn't been to group cos I'd been in hospital!

I know she didn't believe me!

Why did I say it! I wish I could bite the words back!

Back