DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi fellow SW just joined from home as can't go to the meetings I need some advice for extra easy!
Are muller corners free like the one with banana flakes andl their new Greek ones and arborio risotto rice?

Hi again,

congratulations on all your losses! :)

I'm struggling to loose any weight. Done the plan for over a month now and haven't lost a single lb (had a sneaky peek at the scales this morning). A few lovely people have given me a few suggestions in my diary (link below my signature) but if anyone else has any advice I'd really appreciate it.

really want this to work! Thank you

Hi fellow SW just joined from home as can't go to the meetings I need some advice for extra easy!
Are muller corners free like the one with banana flakes andl their new Greek ones and arborio risotto rice?

The muller corners aren't free as I'm pretty sure they are made with muller thick and creamy yog which has lots of SYNS in. Just the muller lights are free, the Greek style fat free ones are 1syn I think.

Risotto rice is free yep, the riso gallo ones are free and really nice.

X

Hi again,

congratulations on all your losses! :)

I'm struggling to loose any weight. Done the plan for over a month now and haven't lost a single lb (had a sneaky peek at the scales this morning). A few lovely people have given me a few suggestions in my diary (link below my signature) but if anyone else has any advice I'd really appreciate it.

really want this to work! Thank you

Hey! I have a similar problem am a proper slow loser, which plan are you following? Try red days maybe as they work best for lots of people who struggle on EE. EE doesn't work for me, it does if I mix up the plans but not on its own. The old way seems to work really well too of alternating red and green days as your body is kept on its toes as you're eating different things every day.

Good luck! Took me forever to lose weight initially with the plan but after a year and a half I know what I have to do to lose, be portion aware too, as SW 'unlimited' doesn't work for some
either, like weigh your pasta/rice to what's recommended on the packet for a serving.

X

Wow thanks for that charl_young. That makes me feel so much better, after not succeeding at group I decided to start a fresh from home. I started on Saturday and going well so far. Reading your post made it feel "OK" to do this so thanks for that! :p

Morning everyone,

I was a slow looser last time I was on the plan but I didn't follow it 100% of the time which is probably why!! lol
The sunny weather definatley makes me want to get on it as I have linen trousers in my wardrobe I can't wear!!!

I will have to try those Galio Risotto packs as I love risotto & hubby doesn't.

Could I make one up at night & then re-heat the next day for lunch do you think? I take my lunch to work so am limited with cooking facilities. I have a microwave and a fridge here & not much else.

x

The muller corners aren't free as I'm pretty sure they are made with muller thick and creamy yog which has lots of SYNS in. Just the muller lights are free, the Greek style fat free ones are 1syn I think.

X

Okay because I'm so confused haha! I got told the Greek ones were 0.5, free and now not haha I did find out that the banana flakes muller corner is in fact 6syns! Looks like a treat day for me then (if I want it)
And looking forward to my risotto planning on syning on the wine and Parmesan!
Hopefully wont have 29syns by mistake like yesterday! Oops!

X

Morning everyone,

I was a slow looser last time I was on the plan but I didn't follow it 100% of the time which is probably why!! lol
The sunny weather definatley makes me want to get on it as I have linen trousers in my wardrobe I can't wear!!!

I will have to try those Galio Risotto packs as I love risotto & hubby doesn't.

Could I make one up at night & then re-heat the next day for lunch do you think? I take my lunch to work so am limited with cooking facilities. I have a microwave and a fridge here & not much else.

x

Deffo! I do, I find it sticks so add a tiny bit of water or milk to loosen it!

Hey! I have a similar problem am a proper slow loser, which plan are you following? Try red days maybe as they work best for lots of people who struggle on EE. EE doesn't work for me, it does if I mix up the plans but not on its own. The old way seems to work really well too of alternating red and green days as your body is kept on its toes as you're eating different things every day.

Good luck! Took me forever to lose weight initially with the plan but after a year and a half I know what I have to do to lose, be portion aware too, as SW 'unlimited' doesn't work for some
either, like weigh your pasta/rice to what's recommended on the packet for a serving.

X

Thanks Charl, I am doing green days as I'm vegetarian so means I can have an extra HE each day. However this week I have tried a couple of extra easy days and may try a red day tomorrow before official WI on Thursday morning. Thank you for your advice :)

Ah if you're a veggie then I wouldn't do EE or red, you're def doing the right thing by sticking to green, but maybe look at portion sizes if you aren't already? X

Ah if you're a veggie then I wouldn't do EE or red, you're def doing the right thing by sticking to green, but maybe look at portion sizes if you aren't already? X

Thanks Charl. I don't have much starchy food, tend not to eat much rice/pasta/ potato as I was advised last time I tried SW that this may be the reason I wasn't loosing. I do have big portions but mainly non starchy vegetables or salad, or something with a cauliflour base to try and limit the calories.

Well Goodmorning 'homies'

Hope everyone's had a good weekend.
Looks like there's a few of us then!
I started class back in June, but I honestly think the knowledge and support here on minimins is way better than any group you would pay to attend!!

Im not far off target now, but I'm finding the last few pounds the hardest to shift!

But I will do it, and hopefully by Xmas my last 6lbs will be gone.

Going to try and be 100% for the rest of the week but it's going to be difficult as totm is almost here so I'm craving chocolate real bad!

Going to have to double my grapefruit efforts and have two a day to help.

Does grapefruit help then do you think

Yeah what happens when you eat Grapefruit??
I love grapefruit, does it help??
:) x

Ohhh maybe you aren't actually eating enough then?? Have you tried putting all your food into my fitness pal? If all you're eating is non starch veg that can't amass to many cals a day, have a little check and if it's under 1200- 1500 that could be the problem x

Okay because I'm so confused haha! I got told the Greek ones were 0.5, free and now not haha I did find out that the banana flakes muller corner is in fact 6syns!

Just looking on Asda, there are two different types of greek style..

There's this one, without a corner which I think might be the 0.5 syns one..

4025500169442_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg
Muller Greek Lemon Yogurt

Or these, which are labeled up as Greek style CORNER which are heftier in syns...

4025500149543_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg
Muller Corner Greek Style Yogurt with Honeyed Apricot

I *cheat-before-weigh-ins*!!!! So I've decided to go it alone. I eat at the start of the week, then try to eat waaay less by the end, that plus a freelance work schedule means I'm doing sw from home. At least I can weigh myself without having to feel like I can eat very little all day to weigh less in front of the group! There, I've confessed. Must be good about sticking this this though now that I've gone online.

I *cheat-before-weigh-ins*!!!! So I've decided to go it alone. I eat at the start of the week, then try to eat waaay less by the end, that plus a freelance work schedule means I'm doing sw from home. At least I can weigh myself without having to feel like I can eat very little all day to weigh less in front of the group! There, I've confessed. Must be good about sticking this this though now that I've gone online.

I used to do that too :) Nil by mouth, food OR drink, until I'd been weighed at 7.30pm. And because I was so hungry after WI, it lead to a binge on crap food. Now I weigh when I first wake up on a Monday morning, in the buff, then come downstairs and eat my brekky as normal :D

I was the same!!! lol,
I used to eat or drink nothing after 3pm on a Wednesday & then come home & have a massive dinner and a glass of wine!!!

I now have set my own weigh in day as Monday am when I get up, much better & stops me pigging out over the weekend too!!! lol
:) x

Afternoon all!

Hope we're all ok on this lovely day. Well , it is here! Been doing ok foodwise today. Magic porridge & frozen berries. Lunch was a peri-peri mugshot and an apple. Planning LM sausages & sweet potato mash for tea.

Not sure how to use my extra hex's yet. Could be wm toast & grated cheese. Maybe laughing cow ex light cheese & ryvita. Also got some Alpen lights!

Decisions, decisions.....

Back