DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hiya

Look up the syns for the cake and only eat it if you have enoughsyns for it. 1 syn = 20 cal.

I think of it like shopping you only buy what you can pay for.

Plus im so tight about spending my syns lol

Good way to think of it. I hate to waste food though haha.... Littlun didn't like her one typically.

I've got 10syns left from today.... 4 from yesterday but not sure it works like that now?!

Will just bin it and have a custard cream or two with a cuppa at bed time :-D

Going anywhere nice on hols grannie????

Steak mince always good for cheap meals and I bulk it out with kidney beans, carrots, celery, peppers and onions. Make a chilli or bolognese out of it and 1lb of mince lasts for a lot of meals for me. Once I brown the mince of I put it in a sieve and pour boiling water over it just to make sure there's no fat left in it lol. Omelettes are good to on a budget, I had one last week with onions broccoli and peppers in it and it was tasty with sw wedges using the fry light spray.

You can get good frozen veggies that are cheaper than fresh hun. Often get a bag of stir fry veg and casserole veg to mix with meat. Asda do £1 bags, look in reduced section for joints of meat to freeze too. Some smart price stuff in asda is ok, trial and error! xxx

Thanks for asking about our hols Hayley. We're off to Minorca - can't wait!

New me - I was in Aldi earlier, intended to get some of their offers. Wanted spring onions and they were out of stock. GRRR!

Some of your ideas are pretty good jamcar!
Just can't imagine washing mince!! lol

You're all so lovely huns!

Must admit I'd never thought of frozen veggies. Suppose cos I was brought up on the days when frozen was inferior quality (according to my mother!)

Smoked salmon in red days!!! OMG!!

Thankfully I haven't really gained any weight after the vlcd, I kinda bounce around the same half stone, I was really worried about that. But seems to have stuck.

Ah grannie I wanna go there! Looks really pretty in photos. Cheap meals, get a whole frozen chicken (they are so much cheaper than fresh) and have half as a roast and have the rest for lunches the next few days, with some jacket potatoes. Saying that big baked potatoes are cheap meals with tuna or beans and cheese. Orrrr asda frozen chicken breasts and chunks are fab, save so much compared to fresh! Rice dishes are good on money too, if you get frozen chicken and prawns you can make a paella pretty cheap, or jumbalaya.

We never have leftovers, all my lot are so greedy I've stopped making batches as it just gets eaten straight away instead of saved! X

I get all my meat now from a local butchers who supply to a lot of good restaurants and hotels. In asda and tesco even their cheap chicken fillets are about £7 per kilo. In my butchers I get 5 kilos for £19 so that's £3.80 per kilo and its really good chicken. I also buy my steak mince and steak pieces there too, buy in bulk and portion it out and freeze works out far cheaper than supermarkets!

Wow Minorca! So jealous! Won't be going anywhere where there are bikini clad girls if I can help it haha. Enjoy!!

Nomnom I love a bit of salmon, I grill a fillet and then flake it into a pot with a tin of chopped tomatos. Add an onion and garlic with some herbs of your choice. Then either sw chips, jacket Tate or new pots with some veg.

I aways buy cauliflower and brocoli frozen. Tins of peas and sweetcorn.

Get my salmon fillets frozen from tesco in a bag. Get a few fillets for £5 :)

Yep x

Morning everyone hope you are all having a fab saturday despite the weather.

Has anyone got a low syn cauliflower cheese recipe plaese.

Hi, sorry to ask but can anyone tell me how many syns are in a mixed berries frube?! Ran out of FF yog and had one squeezed onto my strawberries this morning and was wondering how many of my syns I have used!

Thank you :) xxx

Back