DOING SW FROM HOME???

That's brill, some weeks we don't lose weight but may have lost inches, so it's definitely good to take your measurements for those weeks when the scales don't move and inch loss can keep you on track x

So far so good today. It’s been another busy day but still struggling with a sore head L I have ordered some Feverfew Tablets as reading up on the reviews they seem to be really good at curbing migraines and sore heads in general. If they work hope to come off the meds that I am on to keep them at bay!!

Contemplating getting on the treadmill when get home and doing an extra day of Jog Scotland run as legs not too sore and it will be good for exercise and getting my endurance up. Did try skipping but it killed my legs the next day!!!

Not sure of dinner plans, trying a Green day so was thinking Lentil Cheddar Bake or cous cous with some ratatouille. Depends on my mood when I get home and how hungry I am.

Ipad ran out of juice so not been able to scope out Minimins today as been pretty busy, just doing a quick update now!!

Oh Jen! It sucks doesn't it, have you heard from him since? He should go talk to them and explain himself.

Woo well done Lou! That's really great.

Travelodges are fine I think, as you said basic but ok for a night. We stayed in a premier inn in
Edinburgh and I think they're similar quality wise, he'll be fine :)

that picture certainly gives me motivation!!!!! Also good to bear in mind when we have 'small' losses. I think we get so used to expecting big numbers that we forget that even a small loss is still a loss :)

Hi, I just started trying to do slimming world from home, cant really justify joining online and i hate the class weigh in thing. I am still learning as previously did ww and counting calories so this is a bit weird for me. I dont have a weigh in day or anything and i am just getting recipes and meal ideas from the tinterweb and see how it goes before investing in any books and what have you. I have a little girl that keeps me busy 24/7 and work 2 different part time jobs so some days life is a bit hectic and some days i have more to commit.

It would be good to see what others are doing out there and maybe get some ideas.

Hi all,

Hope you don't mind me asking but was wondering how you find doing sw at home compared to meetings?

I know the diet but really don't fancy joining a meeting as the 1's I've attended previously seem to take hours and I don't really get anything from it as I'm not a person that likes to speak infront of everyone.

Thinking of going it alone as been trying ww at home for a while now and just can't get into it. Pointing is slowly driving me insane. Just wondering how you all find it and thanks for reading the ramble.

Dan x

Hi guys, hope you don’t mind me posting here

I’m currently following intermittent fasting, but due to my inability to control my eating on the day’s where I’m not fasting – I’m not losing any weight. So… I’m considering following the SW plan, but I really love IF and the way it’s changed my relationship with food so I definitely want to continue with it a few days a week.

I’ve been a SW member in the past and actually lose over 6 stone on the green plan a few years ago, about half of that has gone back on now but in all fairness I’ve never gone way back up to my starting weight.

I was a group member in the past but have since moved away from the group I used to go to, I don’t drive and there isn’t a group within walking distance of my house so I’m considering trying it at home!

What I’m wondering is, have you all got the books or do you just look for syn values etc on here? I have my old books from 2011 but I know some stuff has changed since then. I don’t know whether it would be worth joining up for a week just to get the new member pack which is a bit cheeky I know but hey ho!

Anyway, I’m not 100% sure yet but I might be joining you all soon. Good luck on your weight loss everyone.

X

Completely off topic here but as most of you live in England I just want to pick your brains if that's alrite!!

I'm from Ireland and my son (8) is goin to the taekwondo world championships in Hatfield in August and I'm just looking at accommodation at the min. I see there's a travel lodge there which is obviously coming in at the best price but I'm just worried its going to be dirty/manky??
I have no problem with it being basic but I couldn't handle dirty!!!!!!
Does anyone know what travel lodges are like? (Never stayed in one before!) the next price is over double the cost of the travel lodge and were only a week back from holidays so obviously money will be tight!

I just don't know what to do!!!!!!

This is coming from someone that has stayed in many hotels.... Avoid travel lodge!!!

Stick with holiday inn's they're so much nicer :)

I agree, Travel Lodges haven't got the best reputation. Whenever i travel anywhere i tend to use IBIS now... they're really good x

Ok thanks so much. I think ill pull the extra money from somewhere and book a better one!

On a worse note, I just ate a big chunk of vanilla ice cream in between 2 wafers! No will power at all :(

Turkey & bacon hot pot for dinner nomnom. Syn free!!

I did use a tbsp of butter ;-)

I've been syn free all day till now so I've got a treat size milky way and a few custard creams to go with my cuppa before bed :)

Feeling so happy and satisfied being back on sw, love it!!!!!

I had only had 0.5syns all day for my dash of skimmed milk in my coffee this morning so now having a cup of tea and a curly wurly for 6.5 syns, love slimming world!

Turkey & bacon hot pot for dinner nomnom. Syn free!!

I did use a tbsp of butter ;-)

I've been syn free all day till now so I've got a treat size milky way and a few custard creams to go with my cuppa before bed :)

Feeling so happy and satisfied being back on sw, love it!!!!!

I had only had 0.5syns all day for my dash of skimmed milk in my coffee this morning so now having a cup of tea and a curly wurly for 6.5 syns, love slimming world!

I do all syn free meals during day so I can have my choc options and pink and white wafer on evening. Bought some fredos to have as well as some hartleys jellys.

Its my treat on evening :)

Hi Clareel, I have been on the weight loss journey many times in fact over the past 22 years I have probably lost 20 stone or more lol. I have done unislim, ww, rosemary Conley, Atkins, slimming tablets and now finally have found sw. I got the books off a friend and am doing it at home myself as couldn't afford to go to class. I can easily say it is the best plan I have ever followed and can see how it really can be a lifestyle change forever. I am really enjoying everything I eat and the family are eating a lot of what I cook so its great not having to cook separate meals for them. I never feel hungry, but if I do feel like a snack I automatically go for fruit or fat free yoghurt. Most days I save my he a and b for the evening and I have a cheese and red onion toastie with 2 slices of wholemeal nimble and 30g cheddar and look forward to it. I would def recommend it to anyone and as you know it works I think you should give it a go again, but I would advise you go to class if you can afford it. I have lost 21.5lbs in 9 weeks, I have another 20.5lbs to lose to get to goal, once I start to struggle to lose I will join then to have the support of a class and to get all the tips and motivation. Anyway I could ramble on all night about sw, but I finally think I have found an eating plan for life. Good luck in whatever plan you chose and look forward to hearing how you get on x

Sw is definitely doable from home. I have never been to a class and the books I have are from 2006, just to get my head round it but never use them now. This forum is fantastic for info and much needed support. I couldn't have lost 4 stone in 10 months without my minimins family! xx

I have done SW from home twice and have had no problems. If i can't find the syn value of something there is always someone on here willing to help. I can see why people go to group for support but you have eveything you could possibly need here :) x

Def I do from home too, you can just post on the syn forum on here if you're wondering about anything and someone has always answered me.

I like it better than at class, if I have weeks I'm going out that's fine I don't mind a gain or STS but I'd feel judged in class and probably give up.

Plus between us we all know most about each plan lots of us do red days so any questions about them there's lots of knowledge and I think Tilly does green most of the time too.

Had half a packet of angel delight as I had pretty much all my SYNS left and a hexA, felt really bad but it was totally within my SYNS so happy days! Have a whole 1 left! X

Morning all, still feeling rubbish but scales made me smile. First week of back on sw properly and showing 4lb loss! Back to my lightest weight of 10st 12lb, my 100 daily exercise must have worked and only took a couple of mins! Would love to shift another 5lbs by 1st June for my hols. Altho, the way I'm feeling right now I must just chuck hubs off a Cornwall cliff somewhere lol xx

Back