DOING SW FROM HOME???

Yes the BBQ sauce is fab and it freezes well too, I usually make a batch then divide it up and freeze it...

Forgot to WI this morning ! Duh! Daren't until tomorrow now!

ALPEN LIGHTS on 2 for £3 is Sainsers !
x

Thanks ladies I'd been broken into before when I lived at my Moms and I've been dreading it happening here to, apparantly five house including ours were broken into that night

horrible to wake up and find they'd gotten in, even though they came in through an external door which had locking bolts on, then cause they couldn't get the back door open came in through a window that we didn't even know opened anymore, it's not been opened for 30 years according to hubs, being in the pantry we'd never really noticed it wich is annoying as last year we put loads of locks on the doors and windows and managed to miss this bloody one somehow.

Just getting to grips with our new Alarm, the control panel alone is so loud when it goes off in burgular mode that my ears are still ringing 3 hours later and one of the kittens is traumatised as he was having a nice nap next to it when I accidently set it off oops... changed the setting to the correct one now so it shouldn't happen again I hope...

Ive just made the syn free bbq sauce and all I can say is omg!!! Its just like the real thing and how amazing they are syn free.

Ive made them for the chicken new yorker im cooking tonight. I definately recommend it to anyone.

Going to make up some more and freeze in little tubs for later use :)

How do you make it hun???

BBQ sauce recipe

you will need
1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz passata
3 tbsp artifical sweetner
4 tbsp balsamaic vinegar
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
salt and freshly ground blacke pepper.

balslmic vingar and worchestershire sauce provide the basis for this great tasting bbq sauce thsat is perfect for a dip, basting a chicken thighs or vegetable kebabs before a bbq, lady who gave me this recipe said she has them on spare ribs and cooks them in the oven so she has bbq spare ribs.

spray a pan with fry light and saute the onion and chilli powder over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened.

stir in the remaining ingrredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes untill thickened. check the seasoning before serving hot or cold.

syn free on both days ready in 20 minutes serves 4 and freezer friendly.

I believe they are 1 syn these days... :)

Quick question please - are quorn sausages free??

I think there are 'new low fat' ones in boxes that are free, but I'm not 100% sure! Would count the usual 1 syn for quorn sausages until you find out for definite though :) x

Urg, meant to post in diary....!

anyone know syns value for sainsburys alcohol free wine?
thx x

Last edited:
Was out for w5 d2 of jog Scotland. 6min continuous run then walk/run 1min alternative for 15mins approx. done the full thing including running up a hill!!

Quick day at work, interviewing for an assistant so that was a 1st for me.

Rain just come on so glad got dry for the run.

Not sure of treats tonight, see how I feel, still got a feed syns left :)

I'm so uninspired with food, the work on the kitchen is done but there is still a lot to do including the main food storage cupboard.. So it's not quite all back together.. Had a yuck omelette for dinner which was a double boo boo as I had scrambled for lunch!
Just had a mad panic as I'm on a school trip tomorrow until 4.45 and will need packed lunch! I've found a bachelors rice in the cupboard which I think is free on green, and will pack a load of carrot and celery sticks!
I need a kick up the bum - having forgotten to WI this morning I am now dreading tomorrow as a loss is not expected with the bad bits from this week!

Get all your favourite sw meals planned Lou, go get a sw mag for some inspiration. I do a big shop and try new things when feeling uninspired. Hope you got your lunch sorted! xx

Quick question please - are quorn sausages free??

If you eat meat... Sainsburys be good to yourself extra lean Cumberland sausages are only 1/2 syn each and very nice!

The fiancé and I are very fussy with low fat sausages

Came across them in the mag a few months back in a "campfire stew" yum!

Hi everyone :wave_cry:

I am returning to SW after about 2 years (& 3st) I am going solo this time as i am now a student & can't afford the membership fee.

I am studying part time so with plenty of time on my hands at the moment i can prepare yummy food & start exercising.

Today is day 1 so if anyone has any tips or advice i would greatly appreciate them :)

Sia xxx

Back