DOING SW FROM HOME???

Well I think I managed EE today, though I did change the burger for salmon as it needed cooking!
think I stuck within syns, but had to sample some of the class baking at the school (indoor :() fayre ;)
happy Friday everyone! Looking forward to a week off with my babes x

This cold weather is horrendous, am sat huddled under a blanket! Got a girly shopping trip planned to buy new summer clothes, at this rate I'll be getting jumpers!

Hope everyone is ok this Friday evening!

Another bank holiday. Fed feeling cold. Still wearing my winter clothes
and just put on the heating!! It`s the end of May!

I know ive given in and put the heating on. Ive never put it on this time of year

Just wondered if you had been having very few or no syns. I had a week were my syns were very low every day, I did 10.5hrs exercise during the week and my calories were very low basically under 1300 cals all week (I only know the cals cos I log them on my fitness pal but don't care what they are as long as I follow sw). Anyhow I expected a great loss and only lost 0.5lbs and was gutted. The following week I upped the food intake had up to 10syns or so a day and reduced the exercise and lost 4lbs. Just proves that the syns are as important as the super free and hex a&b's etc. x

hi everyone!
I've just finished my first week of "going it alone" and I've lost 2lb :) i was really nervous about not going to group, in case it gave me a license to go crazy so im happy! xx

Morning all and welcome Amy!!

Feeling a bit better today as it`s not raining! Still a bit chilly even though the sun`s out. :)
Never know when the blasted rain is gonna come back!

Had mushroom and onion omelette for breakfast and am just having a mug of lemon and hot water.
Added some honey from my syn allowance. It`s the sort of thing I have when I`m ill (I`m not!) I just find the taste of lemon a bit sharp.

Got sw friendly cottage pie for dinner. Just need to sort out what to have tomorrow.

Happy bank holiday!!:D

I'm new to SW, doing it online as I work shifts so can't get to a group. First week I lost 7lbs but hardly used any syns, should I be using at least 5 a day? I might struggle with that :(

Most people recommend you have about 10 a day. In my mind it's a good idea, because it gives you somewhere to go when you hit a plateau. It's quite easy to have syns, They don't need to be used on unhealthy things. You can have more milk than your hexa or more cereal/bread than your hexb for example. I never eat sweets or drink alcohol when I am on-plan but use about 10 syns a day. Eg I have slimasoup rather than make soup for lunch - that = 3.5 syns. An options hot chocolate at night time is another 2.5. It soon adds up . Good luck :)

That was a great loss to get you started. Def for me I need to have some syns. The first few weeks I didn't really use any and loss slowed down so made a point of having some everyday and it def helps. I use mine on extra cheese, sweet chilli sauce, ketchup, ice lolly, golden wonder ringos, honey in homemade BBQ sauce. It's amazing how quickly they can add up, even if you are coating meat with flour to make a casserole so it thickens its all syns. Good luck on your sw journey x

I always use 15 syns and most days use 9.5 for a crunchie or 11 for a whispa as I'm a real chocoholic and am pretty miserable without it. This way I don't feel like im "dieting". I generally snack on fruit during the day and have a pretty syn free meal for tea like jacket potatoes with cheese beans and loadsa salad, or home made sw friendly chilli or curry with rice.

I've been trying to lose weight for years and really struggle because I have an under active thyroid, so recently I'd only been having between 500 - 800 calories a day and still gaining weight. I decided after some research that perhaps I wasn't eating enough, on SW I'm eating so much I'm struggling to fit in the syns as I don't feel I'm dieting lol. Will try and work them into meals, I'm a bit of a cheeseaholic so will try that. Thanks for the device guys, you're great :)

Really chuffed with myself today!!

Had my wi earlier today in Boots and didn`t really feel I`d done very well.
Got a surprise when the ticket the scales spat out said I`d lost 2lb!!

That`s good for me!

Well done grannie! You always lose when you think you haven't done well! Xx

Off on a 2 week all inclusive holiday tomorrow. Wish me luck for WI when I get back!! Gonna try and be relatively good but not looking forward to the scales on my return.

Good luck with that one lol, I think the food would be ok, it would be the alcohol would get me. Enjoy your holiday and just remember if there is a gain that it went on quickly so should come off relatively quickly too x

Hey girls. Have had a fab day, went shopping with mum and sister's for new summer clothes. Got 3 dresses, 5 tops, a cardy, 2 pairs of flip flops, leggings and a scarf! Plus a yummy lunch at Yo Sushi, was really surprised with the amount of low calorie dishes there! 1 week til hols!

Back