DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi and welcome. :) This site is absolutely brilliant! Having done SW twice in the past and successfully losing 3 stones each time (and stupidly putting it back on again!), this time I thought I'd join up on-line, which I did at the beginning of April. Shortly after that I discovered Minimins and haven't looked back. I wish I'd saved my money tbh and won't bother renewing when the 3 months is up. Everyone on here is so supportive and caring and there are masses of recipes, so you'll never be bored with what you're eating. My partner and I actually haven't eaten such a wide variety of dishes or food that is so tasty before. It's amazing! Enjoy! x

Oh guys I so want to come back and join you on SW!

You're all doing so well and there are so many new members joining on here - all the meals sound great!!

I'm starting to put the weight back on which is such a no-go area considering how hard I worked to lose it to begin with!

Slowly making better choices (Getting Slimming World brain back in gear!) regarding my meals but snacks etc are just terrible! Think the best thing to do is just stop faffing around with 'slowly' getting myself back into it and just go cold turkey... EEK!

Lots of planning needed I think as I work full time now so don't have the option to just leisurely decide what I'll eat on the day as I won't have the time! x

Hi and welcome. Good for you for choosing sw I have tried loads of diets in the past and this one is def my favourite as it seems realistic to stick too forever as a lifestyle change. I love the fact that there is very little weighing, measuring or counting. The only thing to weigh or measure are your he a&b's and make sure you do this everyday, never guess lol. My advice would be to stick to the plan 100% by that I mean make sure you have plenty of super free everyday, all your free foods to go with super free, have your he a&b's everyday and very importantly do use your syns everyday as they are as much a part of the plan as all the rest and are part of how the food optimising works and helps us to lose weight. At the start I used very few syns everyday and didn't always have my he a&b's, once I started to follow the whole plan the weight loss was better. Lost 24lbs in 11 weeks so very happy with that. Good luck with your journey and hopefully it will be made easier with this forum. Ps drink 2 litres water everyday too xx

Welcome newbies :)

And Laura, come back we miss you!!
You can do it Hun x

Morning ladies.

Hows the week treating you so far?

Yesterday I didnt seem to be able to focus and revision fell by the wayside. Although I did take mum to see her foot man, nipped round Sainsbugs and managed a 20 minute walk. Have also made myself a revision plan so this morning I shall be having a go at an old paper and the reviewing it and any weak areas. My exam is a week tomorrow so getting quite anxious now.

Had a sp this morning which shows i am another 2lb lighter. I just hope it either goes lower or sts come Saturday.

Does anyone else SP?
Do you think its motivating or not?

Right time to get dressed and have my alpen light and apple brekkie..xx

Morning peeps, another glorious day here in Aberdeen. Hope stays like this for home time!!

Currently tucking into my magic porridge, forgot how tasty it is & so simple!!

Another busy busy week at work & I am off Friday/Monday, down road for weekend to look after mum/dads dog while they away for long wknd so that will b a test in itself for being good!!

Hope you all have a gr8 SW day x

Hello ladies welcome aboard new people and helloo Laura miss ya hun xx

uick question as I'm getting kiddies ready for school can someone syn the following for me please, think it's going to be pretty high, so I'll probs make my own anyway lo

Lidl moordale scotch beef burgers with red pepper and tomato

cals per 100g 242
carbs 1.4
fibre 3.1
fats 18.6 total
saturated 8.5

Thank you girls xxx

First day today. So exciting.
I bought hovis wholemeal medium bread and in the book it says 60g only per day. 2 slices of my bread is 80g. Does anyome know how many syns I would need to use for the 20g extra? I piece of 40g bread is 3.5 syns. Are you ok to half that number? I don't want to start off on a bad foot. I'm going to go and buy some nimble bread tonight so from tomorrow I will not need to use any syns for this. Thank youu

Hello ladies welcome aboard new people and helloo Laura miss ya hun xx

uick question as I'm getting kiddies ready for school can someone syn the following for me please, think it's going to be pretty high, so I'll probs make my own anyway lo

Lidl moordale scotch beef burgers with red pepper and tomato

cals per 100g 242
carbs 1.4
fibre 3.1
fats 18.6 total
saturated 8.5

Thank you girls xxx

How much protein hun?

Giving it a protein of 1, and no free food allowance it is coming up as 12 syns. With beef as a free food allowance it is 11 syns.

If I were you i would make my own :)

Loving this sun shine!!

Bought myself a weighted hula hoop yesterday- supposed to do wonders for your waist. However iv just been in the garden for 30 mins trying it and I can't do more than 10 rotations and it just falls to the ground! Don't know what I'm doing wrong but I have up in frustration, going to have another go later.
Off to cinema this afternoon to see the great gatsby :)! So excited it looks really good, I'm armed with a pack lunch box full of pineapple melon and grapes to take into the pics with me, hopefully not will keep me away from popcorn!!

Oh guys I so want to come back and join you on SW!

You're all doing so well and there are so many new members joining on here - all the meals sound great!!

I'm starting to put the weight back on which is such a no-go area considering how hard I worked to lose it to begin with!

Slowly making better choices (Getting Slimming World brain back in gear!) regarding my meals but snacks etc are just terrible! Think the best thing to do is just stop faffing around with 'slowly' getting myself back into it and just go cold turkey... EEK!

Lots of planning needed I think as I work full time now so don't have the option to just leisurely decide what I'll eat on the day as I won't have the time! x

Hey you sound just like me. I was struggling so tried MyFitnessPal, then SW and keep changing my mind. I can feel the weight coming back on so I need to sort it out now! I am thinking same like you cold turkey xx

What a beautiful day. Weighed in this morning after a drunk sat night and a want my way thru Sunday lol. Thrilled to have 0.5lbs off but will be careful in case all the syns catch up with me on next weigh in. Mum and sister coming up tonight for my sons birthday. Sister is making full fat pepper chicken with double cream as my hubby requested it. I said I would do a sw recipe, so have made beef and Guinness casserole with cheeses nutmeg mash or baby boiled, green beans and broccoli. Have also made some syn free tandoori chicken kebabs and will do a big bowl of salad. Mum bringing a chocolate gateau as my sons favourite, so I am going to do crumbled meringue nests with strawberries and fat free yoghurt for myself and whoever else fancies it. I find it so much easier with sw to still enjoy a family get together than I did with ww for example, it is great that so much is free and super free and then the he a&b's help too. Have one bottle of wine in fridge which I will share with mum and sis so just 8 syns there plus 3 in the meringue. Cheese in the mash can be my hea. Have a good day everyone xx

Nice planning Jamcar :)

Now will somebody pin me down!! I can't stop eating! I've only eaten ok stuff plus 7 syns but I could eat a horse!! Been on fruit teas - and snacking on fruit and carrots, but I want more!!
I've got mince for dinner and half a hexB left.. Would like to stick to red as Wi tomo, but essentially had super free lunch- that's probably why I'm hungry! Doh! Maybe ill make a mini cottage pie with mashed swede and bns... Though in this weather I'm not sure I fancy that! Ooh, I dunno!!
Hope everyone enjoying the weather :)
X

Loving this sun shine!!

Bought myself a weighted hula hoop yesterday- supposed to do wonders for your waist. However iv just been in the garden for 30 mins trying it and I can't do more than 10 rotations and it just falls to the ground! Don't know what I'm doing wrong but I have up in frustration, going to have another go later.
Off to cinema this afternoon to see the great gatsby :)! So excited it looks really good, I'm armed with a pack lunch box full of pineapple melon and grapes to take into the pics with me, hopefully not will keep me away from popcorn!!

I'm hopeless at hula hooping I could get nowhere near ten so you're doing well I even had trouble doing it on the wii fit for weeks haha well done on your snack box I always take fruit or salad boxes to the cinema with me with a diet pepsi sorted..

Hi everyone :)

Well after a year off plan I am back! Unfortunately I have put back on the weight I lost, however I am starting again on my sw journey and am excited.

I do SW from home as group just isn't for me personally however I know it works for many.

Looking forward to the support and banter.

Hi everyone!
I've just started slimming world and am doing it from home!
I've been doing sw for 4 weeks now, and have lost 9lbs!
I cant wait to lose more and fight this flab!
:) xxx

Back