DOING SW FROM HOME???

That sounds yum Jamcar:)

Well Hoppin John was super yum- worth the wait, and in hindsight Jen, on a green day I should have used white rice! Doh!

It was onion, peppers, tinned black eye beans, rice, stock, and red wine vinegar and pepper sauce :) delish!

Is this from the sw mag? I tried it last month and mine was rank!! Dont know why :( it was dry and had no flavour at all

Yes, that's the one- weird?? What stock did you use?
I did add a bit extra water, but mainly cos of the brown rice - I used Peri Peri sauce too..??
:)

Things have gone well so far with my "fresh start", however tomorrow will be a challenge as I am down to London for the day with work so a flight at 6.40am then running round like a blue *rs*d fly for the day before flying back up in the evening. I tend to do this once a week, breakfast is ok as I can get fruit salad and yoghurt in the lounge (they say fat free yoghurt) but lunch is often a sandwich when we get back to the airport late afternoon :( and then I have to resist the yummy BA chocolate chip biscuits on the plane.

I tried a gorgeous chicken dish tonight and so so simple. Mix fat free yoghurt with dried Parmesan (measure and count appropriate syns), garlic powder, salt and pepper, cover a chicken fillet and cook in oven. I used 1 level tbsp of Parmesan so it was 1.5syns. I had it with salad, cauli and broc and crispy potatoes with red onion done in actifry. Plate was piled high for 1.5syns and so tasty, yum!

We've got an Acti-Fry I love it! Done loads of homemade chips n wedges but I'm yet to cook other things...what do u suggest and do u use oil like it says or have u tried Fry Light spray? Ive heard people say not to use fry light in it as it can blow us so didn't wanna try it!! x

*blow up not blow us! x

Hi I love my actifry. I coat my chips or wedges in spray light before they go into actifry and then put some more on during cooking. Mine seems fine with this. I cook baked potatoes in it, garlic bread (not for me), roast veg. Did you get a recipe book with yours? The chicken and pineapple dish is lovely but have not made it since I started sw so not sure how many syns. It's great for kids chicken goujons too. I have also done chicken fajitas in it but again not since I stared sw. Wouldn't be without it or my health grill, use it every night for my cheese toastie to use my he a&b's for the day x

Just wondering if anyone has done ww in the past you will know that once you get to goal weight that you increase your daily points quite a bit I think mine went up to 29 a day from 18. Anyway with sw when you reach your goal weight do your syns change?

Just wondering if anyone has done ww in the past you will know that once you get to goal weight that you increase your daily points quite a bit I think mine went up to 29 a day from 18. Anyway with sw when you reach your goal weight do your syns change?

No it doesnt change its still 10-15 a day

Have just googled the sw maintain question seemingly you have more healthy extras and wait to see if your weight goes up or down then juggle it that way. They say to increase syns might bring back your old habits.:banghead:

I did ww last year and lost 4 stone but my pro points went down and not up as when u start losing the always go down and if u do it online then it does it for u I try and stick to 10syns a day as if I do 15syns I get carried away with wot I'm eating

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oh i didnt use peri peri, i followed the instructions down to a tee, then added some sweet chilli sauce to add some taste when it turned out awful haha

I kind of adapted down to what was in the cupboard- just diff beans and peri.. So disappointing when you make the effort and its not good - sweet chilli makes most things taste better ;)

Hi I love my actifry. I coat my chips or wedges in spray light before they go into actifry and then put some more on during cooking. Mine seems fine with this. I cook baked potatoes in it, garlic bread (not for me), roast veg. Did you get a recipe book with yours? The chicken and pineapple dish is lovely but have not made it since I started sw so not sure how many syns. It's great for kids chicken goujons too. I have also done chicken fajitas in it but again not since I stared sw. Wouldn't be without it or my health grill, use it every night for my cheese toastie to use my he a&b's for the day x

Oh that's good news! I was just using the 1 scoop thing of oil and having to syn even though it's not much when dividing by 4 people!
Yeah got the book I wanna do the fajita style chicken so will try that soon!

x

Finally the scales are moving a bit, lost 3lbs since sat. Fingers crossed it might move even lower by wi day on fri!

Are actifry's really expensive?

Morning all :)

Morning Jen!
Ours was £129 but well worth it!

2lbs off for me this week!!
I was confused coz couldn't find the scales in work and someone had moved them so hopped on and it showed a 2lbs loss so was made up! Then I moved them back to where I usually WI and it said a 1/2lb gain! So I moved them slightly over and it said the 2lb loss so I'm taking that and running with it!! Haha!
Maybe where I usually WI is not a great spot and doesn't show acturate weight?! Hmmm! Will WI in my new spot from now on!
Good news is back in the 9's! Yey!! x

It's a pain isn't it coz u hop on thinking you've lost (which u prob have!) and the scales don't show it! So u move them and hey presto there's the proper weight! ;) x

Back